• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Helpdesk Site: Lots of upcoming games maybe leak, slowly getting confirmed

ArjanN

Is it just me or is this leak not getting a lot of attention relatively speaking?

Maybe just because it happened on sunday?

The lack of Persona in this leak is probably the most disappointing thing for me. I want Persona 5 on Steam so bad. :(

Even if Persona 5 is coming to PC it probably wouldn't be in this leak anyway though, given that even the console version is still a while out.

Sure. FFX collection on steam seems like a thing that makes sense. Square has been making some decent money porting old games like that to the platform.

Still waiting on Halo 1-4 on steam.

Its been a few years since those listings.

Has Atlus Japan ever gotten its feet wet on PC? At least Square have prior history doing PC ports.

Persona 1 has seen a PC release.

ArjanN

None of this is particularly surprising and the extent of this is that they have entries.

Uhh..no?

It's actually pretty surprising just by sheer volume alone, even if a bunch of these were rumored/teased in some fashion before.

Also any entry with recent updates is basically 99% likely to come out.

FLD

Even if Persona 5 is coming to PC it probably wouldn't be in this leak anyway though, given that even the console version is still a while out.

Isn't it coming summer 2016? That's not that far away. I imagine some of these games are likely further out than that. Disgaea isn't coming for another couple months and I don't think NISA would release Phantom Brave too close to it.

Likewise, we still haven't had an official announcement for FFVI and LR is just about to come out, so it's probably a few months off still. I don't see FFX coming earlier than late spring/early summer if not even later than that.

ArjanN

Isn't it coming summer 2016? That's not that far away. I imagine some of these games are likely further out than that. Disgaea isn't coming for another couple months and I don't think NISA would release Phantom Brave too close to it.

Likewise, we still haven't had an official announcement for FFVI and LR is just about to come out, so it's probably a few months off still. I don't see FFX coming earlier than late spring/early summer if not even later than that.

My point was more that a bunch of these are essentially late ports of already released console games, and I doubt Persona 5 is coming day and date with the console version, so there's still plenty of time for it to show up.

Corpekata

Banned
FFVI is likely a January release, it's already been rated by the PEGI board. Typically anything actually getting rated there is fairly close to release. I'd have guessed December if Lightning Returns wasn't releasing in 4 days.

OMG, YES.

FFX/X-2 makes me so happy.

EDF4, Xrd (not Revelator, though. FIGURES. Sigh.), Danganronpa, Steins;Gate...

Yeah, this is great.

Well now that everyone seems to get the picture that steam = $$$; I can stop worrying about D1P ports of old games to support niche devs.

thank you based Gaben ;_;

Xrd (not Revelator, though. FIGURES. Sigh.)
we gotta get the whole story brah

Won't be. It'll be the PS3/4 style where you choose between games upon boot-up.
Man I hate that, I want my steam library to be the portal of each game

FLD

My point was more that a bunch of these are essentially late ports of already released console games, and I doubt Persona 5 is coming day and date with the console version, so there's still plenty of time for it to show up.

Yeah, but if it's not day and date (or confirmed ahead of time) then I'll probably just cave and get the PS3 version. :(

Won't be. It'll be the PS3/4 style where you choose between games upon boot-up.

Isn't that just because they're both on the same disc? HD Collections often sell the games separately digitally. IIRC, you had to download X-2 separately even if you bought a physical copy on Vita. I haven't played it but I'm assuming it was a completely separate app.

Squishy3

It's just not very good and what it adds to the Danganronpa series as a whole is very minimal (other than elaborating a little more on The Tragedy) and only happens at the very end of the game. It's poorly paced, the gameplay is very start and stop. (Walk forward, shoot a couple Monokumas, conversation happens, rinse and repeat.) And then some chapters drag on way too long and nothing interesting whatsoever is happening.

It's not "terrible" but a pretty big disappointment after DR1 and 2. :/ And the characters outside of Toko and whatever her name is aren't very good. To put it in perspective, I can't even remember the name of the main character.

Isn't that just because they're both on the same disc? HD Collections often sell the games separately digitally. IIRC, you had to download X-2 separately even if you bought a physical copy on Vita. I haven't played it but I'm assuming it was a completely separate app.

i believe that is only the case for the vita because both games did not fit on a single cartridge

they are bundled together on teh psn store for vita as well

DocSeuss

It amazes me that so many people are going "wait, didn't games get announced that didn't get released before?"

The last time we had a thread like this, there were, what, around 20-30 games, and literally every single one of them released with the exception of the Halo games. So it's like an 80-90+% chance.

It's just not very good and what it adds to the Danganronpa series as a whole is very minimal (other than elaborating a little more on The Tragedy) and only happens at the very end of the game. It's poorly paced, the gameplay is very start and stop. (Walk forward, shoot a couple Monokumas, conversation happens, rinse and repeat.) And then some chapters drag on way too long and nothing interesting whatsoever is happening.

It's not "terrible" but a pretty big disappointment after DR1 and 2. :/ And the characters outside of Toko and whatever her name is aren't very good. To put it in perspective, I can't even remember the name of the main character.

If the only reason you don't want it is because of those complaints, there's much worse that constantly gets shit out all the time on greenlight and by some lesser known "devs". Surely AE would be a much better release than the 4 Sakura games that are currently being made and will likely all be out within the next 3-4 months. Being worse than other entries in the series isn't exactly a good enough reason to not port it if potential profit is there and it's part of a well received series. I mean if that's all it took to not be worth a port then why did we get the FF13 trilogy?

Atlus can just put any SMT game on steam and it'll sell trillions

that's probably what the Sega rep was talking about when he had 'long term plans'

pislit

I cant believe that I didn't know that Impossible Creatures has a Steam release. I don't know what is stopping anyone from releasing Freelancer (who owns this IP by the way, I know that MS published it, do they own it? ) What are the other MS legacy holdouts? I believe that they published the original MSG on PC but that is more in Konami...I guess.

Elixist

i know it could be anything, but man sonys dreams makes a ton of sense for pc. any "creator" kind of game is gonna be legit as hell with the mouse. and they seem to love 3d input as well, pc got dat too.

Thoraxes

Just because you didn't like it and found it flawed doesn't mean that they shouldn't release it. I really enjoyed the game and would love to purchase a PC release. It would be nice for them to release the entire series on another platform.

mr. grape

Just because you didn't like it and found it flawed doesn't mean that they shouldn't release it. I really enjoyed the game and would love to purchase a PC release. It would be nice for them to release the entire series on another platform.
Yep. I really liked it. Honestly, I probably enjoyed it more than the first game

Jimrpg

Just need Persona 4 and Dragon's Crown to come out now and that's pretty much every game that I have on the Vita on Steam.

I bet they're coming.

Hot Shots Golf on Steam would be perfect too. Not a lot of golf games on Steam.

So dragongrandpa is a good game?

Yes its a pretty good VN... its surprisingly long, took me about 30 hours to beat. Vita (or a laptop) is probably the best place to play that game still.

Dinjoralo

Xrd on Steam was leaked a while back, through the Korean ratings board. Hopefully it'll come out soon so I can buy it with Christmas steam cards.

Battlechili

Banned
Not sure if posted yet, but seems like it's been debunked as a 3rd party game dev "trolling". :/

https://www.reddit.com/r/HalfLife/comments/3vnrfh/holy_shit_sorry_if_this_ones_been_debunked_already/
I think they're just talking about Half-Life 3 and its still all speculation going on in there.
Not that Half-Life 3 means much. Half-Life 3 gets hinted at by Valve all the time, and still nothing has come of it. Supposedly HL3 has been in the database for a good while now too.

No we're pretty much done, I don't think lots more will show up. This list is good but missing a few things

I updated the List.

Chairmanchuck, could you please update your OP with the games listed?

I just updated the list with some pictures.

Dr. Buni

Criminal Girls? Code of Princess? That's gross. First that Monpiece shit, now this. Steam is becoming the Vita :/

On the good news side, maybe I will finish FFX now.

SparkTR

The interesting thing about thsi leak is how many Japanese games there are on there compared to western stuff. I guess there either isn't that many unannounced third party western games that aren't already on PC, or western devs know better than to list their stuff on the SteamDB before it's announced.

Top Bottom