• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

I don't get mechanics of Sugar Cube, it seems to me like I have no control over the game at all (><)
Eversion? That's good idea, moving in my to play queue. 6180 the moon is not what I'm looking for.
Thanks!

I mostly jumped around in Sugar Cube without a real plan, the levels usually don't need too much thinking/planning.

This thread is almost dead, not community level of dead, but we are getting there (><)
I must say, that plan to revive community didn't work, but to slow down the steam thread - even too good, no?

Yeah. When the Steam threads inevitably get moved back to Gaming-side, I'm going to have a nice good laugh at the mod who thought this would be a good idea.

The Steam threads have been starved for views, split with the winter sale thread on the other side and completely marginalized. They handled this situation incredibly poorly, and I have no sympathy for them.

Turfster

I... broke Far Cry 4.
FIVE FUCKING FEET FROM THE START.
"Get in the truck" *gets in the truck* itsfuckingnothing.jpg

Edit: okay, walking up to the idling enemies and clipping through them to make them notice me reset the cutscene, sort of, so I ran back to the car, got in, did not get the "hold E to exit" prompt this time... got shot for like 5 more minutes and then the car started to move.

Not a good first impression, guys.

Counter Point: no. do not listen to this man. it's an amazingly fun local multi game. how exactly is samurai gunn broken and unbalanced?

Uninvolved Point: Decide for yourself by watching the Samurai Gunn Quick Look!

However, this is a pointless discussion when Gang Beasts is light years better.

I... broke Far Cry 4.

Edit: okay, walking up to the idling enemies and clipping through them to make them notice me reset the cutscene, sort of, so I ran back to the car, got in, did not get the "hold E to exit" prompt this time... got shot for like 5 more minutes and then the car started to move.

Ubisoft games give you a map marker and objectives. You'd be best to follow them!

I... broke Far Cry 4.

I broke Mind: Path to Thalamus while I was playing it. At the start of one of the "chapters" (read: levels) they had a ledge behind me that was supposed to impede movement. Somehow I managed to jump onto that ledge, move backwards to an area I apparently had been previously, only now it wasn't there and I fell off the world. And not even in a way that the game recognized to "kill" me and start me at the beginning of the level. Luckily, exiting to the main menu and continuing put me back in the right place. But it's not like Mind is a stranger to invisible walls. They couldn't have put one there?

Grief.exe

But all the games wouldn't work on an ARM machine or would they?
ARM would be very good for a Steamboy but it would only make sense for me if all games would be playable.

We were discussing In Home Streaming, that was in reference to a streaming box ala Chromecast, Roku, FireTV, etc.

Really stereo? Why wouldn't a 5.1 headphones be good?

Any type of 5.1/7.1 headsets are generally a gimmick where stereo headphones will have much higher quality production.

The worst possible scenario are the headsets with cheap, individual speakers for simulating 7.1. Never, ever buy these.

Counter Point: no. do not listen to this man. it's an amazingly fun local multi game. how exactly is samurai gunn broken and unbalanced?

Here's the review I wrote.

Something else I learned since then, is that the game seems to decide who gets to win in face-to-face fights. My friend and I noticed these shenanigans after we'd played for a bit, so we decided to test it out. We got right next to each other in a face-off, we'd both push the attack button at the exact same time, and... He got all 10 kills that round. Next 2 rounds, I got all 20 kills. Then he got all 10. It just doesn't have any sense of balance.

autoduelist

Joining in the Hexcells fun, this level from Hexcells Infinite is already making me cry:

I agree, Infinite is hard-mode.

Just finished 6-5. Only 6-6 on Infinite to go. I misclicked (for the 2nd time) near the end of 6-5 the first time and had to start over and almost cried. Got it the second time, despite a misclick in the middle that had me all stressed out for the rest of it.

6-6 should be a cakewalk in comparison. Don't know if I'll even bother with 'infinite' generator, I'm burnt.

Parsnip

do you guys aim for 100% achievements in order to 'complete' a game? or just play until youre satisfied? Some titles I enjoy, finish, then kind of get annoyed with based on my need to 100% it based on random criteria.

Depends. If the achievements are doable in a reasonable fashion and if I'm enjoying the game a whole lot, it's a good excuse to play again/ng+/whatever to unlock the missing stuff.

I... broke Far Cry 4.

I think I heard about some broken scripting happening when it launched, I thought they patched that stuff.

edit: Also unless I'm completely making shit up in my mind, I think it was limited to AMD cpu's.

Videospel

Oh my fucking... Had a dreamlike run in BoI:R, and was ready for
Mega Satan
. Then just outside the boss the dead cat popped out of a chest, and by reflex I picked it up. It's so damn useless. I died 9 times of course.
How could anyone think that item was a good idea?

Sendou

Oh my fucking... Had a dreamlike run in BoI:R, and was ready for
Mega Satan
. Then just outside the boss the dead cat popped out of a chest, and by reflex I picked it up. It's so damn useless. I died 9 times of course.
How could anyone think that item was a good idea?

Get back to me if you still think the item is useless when you are doing the last ten achievements or so :p

MUnited83

For you.
Oh man, started a new save in Dark Souls. After 70 hours played, the difference is astonishing.

Feels like
WgkAEAi.gif

Kuroyume

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Unhack #2 -- MB-E0359BACB8B6EE13 - Taken by Diedac. 3 entrants total.
Unhack -- MB-73EC8A930E742361 - Taken by Ozium. 4 entrants total.

t1421024858z1.png

v9jz6e2qjg4.gif

AcridMeat

Banned
What's the general consensus on GRAV? The trailer made it look pretty cool.

Oh and does anybody have Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball?

Shadownet

Banned
Oh man, started a new save in Dark Souls. After 70 hours played, the difference is astonishing.

Feels like
WgkAEAi.gif

this gif is so badass. Love this movie.

Also spare.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadownet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

NiGHTS Into Dream -- MB-4E33719FFD8FF3F1 - Taken by Akuosa

titch

Talking about giving some love out any SMB fans out there - no not the one with the tache

<----you know the real one.

titch

i have it and am yet to play it. forgive me

Aw man, you got to get it on. Probably, no nae it is my fav game of all time.

It can be such an infuriating experience(my own fault for making mistakes) but i always seem to have a smile on my face when i play it.

Having a new play through after spending my original time on it on my 360.

I was always adequate at it but my its taking me a bit to get my groove on.

Talking about giving some love out any SMB fans out there - no not the one with the tache

<----you know the real one.

The one with the tache will always be the real SMB, and you know it :p

I don't have Super Meat Boy nor have I ever played it. My only exposure to it came from Indie Game the Movie. I'm sure it's a great game, but damn if it doesn't look intimidating.

Shadownet

Banned
Repost for the new page
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadownet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

NiGHTS Into Dream -- MB-4E33719FFD8FF3F1 - Taken by Akuosa

I had no personal interest in it, but GAF pressure has lead me to consider impulse buying Recettear.

The steam store page says there is no English audio or subtitles though? Is that accurate?

I had no personal interest in it, but GAF pressure has lead me to consider impulse buying Recettear.

The steam store page says there is no English audio or subtitles though? Is that accurate?

There's no spoken dialog that I can recall. The text alone makes it a winner.

There is spoken dialogue...in the dungeons. But it's nothing really important. It's just Recette saying things like "Let's do our best!" or "Watch out!" or "Get!" in Japanese, and the adventurers have a few victory lines or whatnot. ("I did it!") It's just flavouring. Outside the dungeons it's all English text boxes.

There is spoken dialogue...in the dungeons. But it's nothing really important. It's just Recette saying things like "Let's do our best!" or "Watch out!" or "Get!" in Japanese, and the adventurers have a few victory lines or whatnot. ("I did it!") It's just flavouring. Outside the dungeons it's all English text boxes.

Right.

...It's been a while.

titch

The one with the tache will always be the real SMB, and you know it :p

I don't have Super Meat Boy nor have I ever played it. My only exposure to it came from Indie Game the Movie. I'm sure it's a great game, but damn if it doesn't look intimidating.

I've tried so many times with Mario esp SMW. I know i should but for some reason they don't stick with me My loss i know :(

Water

The opportunity for impulse buying is over now that you've asked us, but you should still buy it. :)

Thanks to thesaucetastic's giveaway, I'm about an hour into Recettear and my first impression is quite a bit better than what I expected. As in, I should have bought it a long time ago even on a weak sale.
The biggest surprise so far was that the game has a real (mostly optional I think?) action component to it, and it seems quite well made, not just tacked on.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
How's the player base? I'd like to get it. I'll probably get it. (I'm getting it)

I just played some matches where the game was full, but I think that's because one the people playing is a popular streamer or something. The last time I played there weren't many people on, though, and I only played a few matches with a couple of actual players.

Adnor

Banned
WELP my trusty GTX460 decided to kill itself today.

RIP may you electric soul rest alongside your predecesor's, the Voodoo 3300.

2d8ZeFS.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom