• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

lol.

I hope whoever gets it can stream a bit for us sometime. I'll probably pick it up once it hits $10 down the line.

My favourite number let me down, I think it had the most entrants!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The UnderGarden -- MB-0BB79231A03BA704 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN

iosefe

lol.

I hope whoever gets it can stream a bit for us sometime. I'll probably pick it up once it hits $10 down the line.

i'll do it!

seriously though, if you are interested in Distance, go download Nitronic Rush, as it is basically a demo

you wont regret it

It's happened again: in order to get your Race for the White House Steam key, you had to generate your unique game key using Desura and supply that in an e-mail, however the devs have since taken the game down, which disallows key generation for users. That was ~12 hours ago and there hasn't been a word from Eversim about what's going on, so it's not looking good.

It's back on Desura.

Go here -> http://www.desura.com/games/the-race-for-the-white-house/keys to generate your eversim key and then send it to support@eversim.com. Not sure if you need to send your desura key too, I did anyway.

Always fun to jump through hoops.

Edit: Sorry it was in Indiegala Weekly #10, maybe others.

Videospel

Squirreltopia is pretty good. I'm on world 3 now. Second boss was a lot easier than the first one. Things that stop it from being great is the slow acceleration of the squirrel, and that the levels aren't as well timed as in for example Super Meat Boy and the Donkey Kong games. In those games you never or rarely have to stop if you play them perfectly. In Squirreltopia on the other hand, there are lots of breaks where you have to wait for certain obstacles to pass before you can move on, and that is something which really annoys me. I want to make a good run without hesitation and be rewarded with a smooth path ahead of me.

But what it does right, is that it really manages to bring that "just one more level" feeling. I told myself that every level would be the last, but it was always so easy just to take a peek at the next one... and the next one...
And even though you may die a lot, it doesn't feel very frustrating. I checked my stats and apparently I died 327 times in 90 minutes, barely noticed it. (Except on the first boss, must have died 20-30 times before I beat it.)

I will definitely play it again. There are even some unlockable mini games, and judging from the first available one, they should be pretty entertaining.

Ozium

I got a foil from one of the Ys games earlier and just recently got one from Squirreltopia...

feeling like opening a CS GO case! time for me to get a knife yo

I winner is not me

gd90y.jpg

yuraya

Ughhh I feel so bad for missing out on that Squirreltopia giveaway :(((((. And Phawx gave a time yesterday for it as well and I wasn't able to be on.

Q_Q

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Man, Squirreltopia is HARD.
(on easy)

Pretty cool though. I beat the first boss and noped on out though. I might come back to it later but it definitely requires that hand-eye coordination that retro games are known for. The controls are a bit floaty but once you get used to them and see how the levels are laid out it's pretty easy to figure out how it all works together to make it frustratingly enjoyable.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The Reloader, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Richard & Alice -- MB-BA98F77EE375BC31 - Taken by NightmareTrigger
The Shopkeeper -- MB-7350A9F62EB743C0 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Blast Em! -- MB-FCFA6E26BC094109 - Taken by autoduelist
xheRJRF.gif
Montague's Mount -- MB-6573039614159612 - Taken by nja

Cth

Sigh... Why do I want Evolve and Dying Light so much!? T_T'

Fokken haaayll.

I was hyped for Evolve but the demo has me thinking twice.. maybe later.

Dying Light looks great, but sadly I got motion sickness watching someone play, so chances are I'm out on that one. Gonna try renting it first.

Man, Squirreltopia is HARD.
(on easy)

Pretty cool though. I beat the first boss and noped on out though. I might come back to it later but it definitely requires that hand-eye coordination that retro games are known for. The controls are a bit floaty but once you get used to them and see how the levels are laid out it's pretty easy to figure out how it all works together to make it frustratingly enjoyable.

You undercut me on one of my Squirreltopia card listings...this means war...lol

samantha-cat-power.gif

Parsnip

Anyone playing AC Unity Dead Kings DLC?
I might be losing my mind, but it seems like they added chromatic aberration to it, but just it. The main game uses it occasionally as well for some animus effects, but Dead Kings looks like it's always on.

Vecks

Well, decided to give up on remember me, at least for now. Went back to alice for 3d platforming goodness. Still a gorgeous game. I had left off in some sort of creepy dollhouse level, and I'm appreciating the level design a bit more now, although it could just be because I hadnt played it in months.

8BitBoy looks really fun, I think I had it on my cel phone (or something similar). But meh to playing platformers with a touch screen. *barf*

I read someone say Jet Car Stunts was good too? Any others I should bother with if I get that new bundlestars bundle? I was really only interested in 8BitBoy initially.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You undercut me on one of my Squirreltopia card listings...this means war...lol

lol it's hard to triumph over the original Idle Master...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom