• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember Nabs mentioning it awhile back. Is this somewhat accurate?
Ppja7DN.jpg

Looks like we're gonna get Tier 3 topped off.

More or less, general consensus it's heavily inspired by Zelda 2. The controls are simple and good, the game doesn't hold your hand pointing to where you need to go and it can be fun, for example, I was in one of the dungeons with a small corridor a bit before a hard fight, on that corridor there were two things firing projectiles from both sides I was timing my jumps to jump over the projectiles and reach the next room. It took some tries but I managed to do it, after finishing that dungeon I went back to explore a room that was left and for my surprise there was a shield you're supposed to use to defend against the projectiles.

pahamrick

Think this is my first year voting.

Game 5 (1 point) : Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Game 4 (2 points) : Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
Game 3 (3 points) : Might & Magic X: Legacy
Game 2 (4 points) : Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut
Game 1 (5 points) : Divinity: Original Sin

Had a list of ten titles, and had a hard time cutting down the list for Game 4 and 5 since I already had 1 - 3 decided.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Too bad DoA isn't going to have online modes until after its release.

Are people thinking this will be the 360/PS3 version of the game?

They are thinking that because of Dynasty Warriors 8 but from what I gather the PC port was already in the making before the PS4 version or something like that. DOA is made by Team Ninja and not the team behind Dynasty Warriors but people think they might repeat that again. Also the website being poorly updated for DOA5: Last Round doesnt leave much clear for those who are believing it will be based on PS3/360 version.

Why are we ignoring H1Z1 so hard here on GAF? We need to add it to the OP. Comes out on EA on January 15 I believe.

It's a great month with titles such as GTAV and Life is Strange.
H1Z1 is that dayz clone sony's pc devs are working on, right?
did watch a bit of a twitch stream a dev does regularly. it did look pretty barebones for my taste tbh. then again i watched a couple months ago, things could have changed for the better.

also, why are people posting their votes all the time?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Why are we ignoring H1Z1 so hard here on GAF? We need to add it to the OP. Comes out on EA on January 15 I believe.

Well it seems no one sent to the OP Mr. the recommendation.

MRORANGE

Not a good idea to post what you voted for as all you are doing is posting a list really and it does not spur any further conversation that others can actively get engaged with.

Heck is you are going to spam the thread with your lists at least talk about each game and why you think it's great :p

Lain

Sent my vote.

Game 5 (1 point) : The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Game 4 (2 points) : Middle-earth™: Shadow of Mordor™
Game 3 (3 points) : Sniper Elite 3
Game 2 (4 points) : Valkyria Chronicles
Game 1 (5 points) : Final Fantasy XIII

Why I want this game as GOTY (Optional) : Because Lightning deserves it, obviously.

Nabs

Hey, man, we're talking about Elliot Quest now. What I don't get is why everyone is using spoiler tags.

If you're going to pick one to try first - I'll echo what others have said - Recettear

Thanks. Im going to get that one eventually but I ended up grabbing Chantelise - A Tale of Two Sisters. It seemed the most straight up JRPG of the bunch and I've been craving some JRPG goodness for a long time.

How about everyone's favorite EA game?

I'm eyeing broforce, Unless KSP's beta update counts as it's own thing

NM. Pretty sure I misunderstood.

iosefe

pahamrick

I'm super tempted in KSP, but everytime I look into it I get overwhelmed and wonder if I'd really spend the amount of time needed to really do what makes the game look so much fun in videos.

Miguel81

Very much so. There's no hand holding whatsoever, so if you ever do play it, take notes. It's a great game with an incredible amount of content, lots and lots of bonus/secret areas, and it's easy to miss much of it.

More or less, general consensus it's heavily inspired by Zelda 2. The controls are simple and good, the game doesn't hold your hand pointing to where you need to go and it can be fun, for example, I was in one of the dungeons with a small corridor a bit before a hard fight, on that corridor there were two things firing projectiles from both sides I was timing my jumps to jump over the projectiles and reach the next room. It took some tries but I managed to do it, after finishing that dungeon I went back to explore a room that was left and for my surprise there was a shield you're supposed to use to defend against the projectiles.

Looks like I'm going to have to play Elliot Quest before I vote. My list is still quite light, and a great platformer/adventure game would make a fine addition.

Resident Evil is it for me in January.

I'm intrigued by the new analog controls. Will be giving it a try first before likely returning to the traditional method.

I hope you all enjoyed your Christmases, New Year's and whathaveyou. :)

Likewise :)

autoduelist

Yes. It will tell you it's part of a bundle and link to that bundle.

Image to show where to look.

Oh, wait, I should have been more specific - I mean do you get an email alert even though it may not technically be 'under' your set price since the bundles tend to include several games.

maguskain

Not a good idea to post what you voted for as all you are doing is posting a list really and it does not spur any further conversation that others can actively get engaged with.

Heck is you are going to spam the thread with your lists at least talk about each game and why you think it's great :p

Might I suggest an update to your post #3? I wouldn't have listed mine if it was suggested not to.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
With so many good games released on Steam in 2014, I'm having a hard time narrowing it down to just five, let alone ranking them.

We even got 5 new Final Fantasy games on Steam last year. What a time to be alive.

Oh, wait, I should have been more specific - I mean do you get an email alert even though it may not technically be 'under' your set price since the bundles tend to include several games.

I'm sorry. My brain is totally broken tonight. I don't ever remember seeing an actual Bundle notification in the emails. I just went through a bunch of my old ones, including one with 41 notifications and haven't seen any reference a bundle. I'll keep looking and message you if I see one, but right now I'm fairly positive the answer's no.

Hope I understood correctly this time. If not, sorry :/

dani_dc

The only two games I know are going to be in my top 5 for sure are Rising and Valkyria. The other three spots remain open for debate (within my own mind).

Speevy

Banned
What's the big deal about the Carpe Fulgur collection? Did I miss something when I bought/played these games two years ago?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I'll take that as a compliment. :)

Hmm, it was just an amusing observation. If that came off as offensive, I apologize.

OP gaming recommendations are voluntary contributions from GAF members. Mr. Orange usually makes a post prior to the new thread asking for submissions.

--------

Is the gamersgate website offline for everyone else? I need to pick up the last bit of A:CM dlc.

Momentary

Banned
I wanted to do a write up for February 2015, but there isn't much hitting Steam that month. DBZ seems like it's up for grabs, but I don't know how to approach it since I think the last one I played was Budokai 2.

JustinBB7

Ready for Dying Light, almost forgot that was coming out this month since I already own it. Originally was worried about Dying Light + Witcher 3 in the same month... oh well!

Lain

Sorry for the stupid question, but is it still possible to buy something on Steam to send it to your email address and then do a giveaway with modbot despite the 30 days lock?

oipic

Sorry for the stupid question, but is it still possible to buy something on Steam to send it to your email address and then do a giveaway with modbot despite the 30 days lock?

Yep - the lock applies only to trading, not gifting.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

The lock affects trading not gifting.

autoduelist

I'm sorry. My brain is totally broken tonight. I don't ever remember seeing an actual Bundle notification in the emails. I just went through a bunch of my old ones, including one with 41 notifications and haven't seen any reference a bundle. I'll keep looking and message you if I see one, but right now I'm fairly positive the answer's no.

Hope I understood correctly this time. If not, sorry :/

Thanks! That's unfortunate though, it would be awesome if it let you know if games were in bundles, I can't find any such service online. The site already does notification and obviously knows about bundles, so it really ought to.

My Pixel Piracy cuppons changed into Toki Tori 2+ cuppons. Wut? o.o

Mine did too. The day before Pixel Piracy went on sale during the Winter sale. Not that I would have bought it anyway, but it felt kinda shady given the timing (even though plenty of other steam coupons stack on sales).

Listen to the man.

Gamestop has The Darkness II 83% off

No.
Get off my lawn.

Hey, without the lists, Transistor would've filled my 10 spot in the GOTY voting thread. I'm thankful for the lists... particularly Speevy's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom