• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

Anyone have the games in the Carpe Fulgur Collection? Been thinking about grabbing it all day and I usually leave the final say to GAF. Yall haven't failed me yet. Unless you count Bad Rats. Still can't believe I paid to have that stain permanently in my library.

All 3 games have demos you can try.

My personal favorite was Recettear.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Man a part of me wishes that the Steam voting was for games you finished in 2014, as I'd put Arkham Origins up at the top.

I'll probably go with South Park, though.

So with the latest beta update, is there anything that Fraps does that Steam doesn't do? Video recording?

Haven't messed with Steam Streaming yet. Is there any form of archiving? Can you retrieve the video after at all, because if so, I'd say barring it being a massive resource hog or having awful quality, it renders Fraps useless. Although I Xsplit and OBS have pretty much already done that.

All 3 games have demos you can try.

My personal favorite was Recettear.

Didn't even notice the demo buttons. Cheers!

Haven't messed with Steam Streaming yet. Is there any form of archiving? Can you retrieve the video after at all, because if so, I'd say barring it being a massive resource hog or having awful quality, it renders Fraps useless. Although I Xsplit and OBS have pretty much already done that.

At the moment, there is no way to archive or retrieve previous broadcasts. I think by the time this heads out of beta, it'll have a way to archive it on the Steam site, youtube, or your harddrive.

Javier23

Banned
Sorry, I'm going to be a bit silly. My list.

Game 5 (1 point): Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Game 4 (2 points) : Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Game 3 (3 points) : Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Game 2 (4 points) : Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Game 1 (5 points) : Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

MGS and I go way back.

louiedog

My desktop died last night and I was so focused on ordering new parts (I was overdue for an upgrade and wasn't going to do it for another couple of months) so they'd ship before the weekend that I didn't think to grab things that were on sale now that I have something that can play them.

Oh well. I have plenty of stuff that ran poorly or that I want to see with a fresh coat of paint to keep me entertained right now.

Man I'm like 30 minutes into Borderlands 2 and it's kind of overwhelming. I don't know if I'm just missing something from not having played/owned the first, or if all the GOTY DLC content is messing me up, but yeah.

And the frame rate options were confusing. Had it at like capped 72 FPS, and I thought that meant it would cap out at 72 FPS, but it seems to literally cap you at that number, reducing other settings to do so. Noticed this because some textures were extremely blurry. So I turned the setting to "Unlimited" and boosted the other graphics settings to high or enabled. Much better now.

Sch1sm

MGS and I go way back.

No love for Rising at all? Aha.

MRORANGE

Megaton in Steam BETA:

General
Reduced CPU usage when drawing animated images or videos
Fixed video playback performance regression on Mac OS X and Linux
Added FPS counter to Steam Overlay
Fixed reloading settings values in the Steam Overlay

Broadcast
Improved capture performance in D3D9 games
Improved audio/video synchronization
Improved automatically adjusting video encoding bit rate when a change in available upload bandwidth is detected
Fixed opening the broadcast watch page from client UI (friends list, invite chat message, etc.) in the Steam Overlay
Improved capture performance in OpenGL games when hardware support is enabled on machines with newer Nvidia GPUs
Added first time use and other UI to Big Picture mode
Fixed first friend invite to a broadcast sometimes getting dropped

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

BATTLEPATHS -- MB-4A8D9E2006A13FC0 - Taken by Tesseract
The Maker's Eden -- MB-987B145BD7BE694A - Taken by Purkake4

Man a part of me wishes that the Steam voting was for games you finished in 2014, as I'd put Arkham Origins up at the top.

I'll probably go with South Park, though.

Completely agree, but the problem with that is none of really played the same games. The voting would be epic.

MGS and I go way back.

no Rising? lame

Megaton in Steam BETA:

Boom.

My GOTY vote:
Game 5 (1 point) : Transistor
Game 4 (2 points) : Child of Light
Game 3 (3 points) : Alien: Isolation
Game 2 (4 points) : South Park: The Stick of Truth
Game 1 (5 points) : Divinity: Original Sin

Didn't vote Dark Souls 2 because I know it would be everyone else's list.

Shepard

My GOTY vote:
Game 5 (1 point) : Transistor
Game 4 (2 points) : Child of Light
Game 3 (3 points) : Alien: Isolation
Game 2 (4 points) : South Park: The Stick of Truth
Game 1 (5 points) : Divinity: Original Sin

Didn't vote Dark Souls 2 because I know it would be everyone else's list.

You Sir, have a wonderful taste.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions:

I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Platypus -- MB-F1A7C8EF0278980B - Taken by factorone. 1 entrants total.
The Last Door -- MB-6A084139CFFE4CA5 - Taken by MulderWasTaken. 6 entrants total.
Gold Rush! Classic -- MB-323C3ED7D8149A25 - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
Face Noir -- MB-DADAD07FC315AA70 - Taken by 7Sins. 1 entrants total.
Nux -- MB-8A5DD647358C76AF - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Pirates! Gold Plus (Classic) -- MB-23F8E3EA5805B6F3 - Taken by tauke. 1 entrants total.
Majesty Gold HD -- MB-9E32D1213B518963 - Taken by thereisnoif. 1 entrants total.
Retro Pixel Castles -- MB-5A7E6648B35A9B02 - Taken by Jrdan. 2 entrants total.
Luna -- MB-61A1B4636FBAD216
Dragonsphere -- MB-D3F1C936F4F19AE3 - Taken by drakaenae. 2 entrants total.
Jets'n'Guns Gold -- MB-C5967A5BF9CD4BD9 - Taken by famfrit. 1 entrants total.
Guns n Zombies -- MB-0A89746F4751B8F9 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 1 entrants total.
Hearthlands -- MB-1AF5FB7E99414CA8 - Taken by sensoft04. 1 entrants total.
Power Up -- MB-EFA7CA21FDDB189C - Taken by gaiadyne. 1 entrants total.
Rocketbirds -- MB-CCE45BC330F97120 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Blackbay Asylum -- MB-EB9432200A491954 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 1 entrants total.
Pixel Puzzles UndeadZ -- MB-7D88AE9078A3EFF0 - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Speed Kills -- MB-AF94585778E422E6 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.

t1420261368z1.png

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Maybe unsurprisingly, my GOTY list is horror based.

5th Spot: Claire
4th Spot: DreadOut
3rd Spot: The Evil Within
2nd Spot: Silence of the Sleep.
1st Spot: Resident Evil 4.

Parsnip

Sent my votes in.

Game 5 (1 point) : Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
Game 4 (2 points) : Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Game 3 (3 points) : Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
Game 2 (4 points) : Shovel Knight
Game 1 (5 points) : DARK SOULS II

The fact that I kind of had to include games 5 and 4 in my top 5 list kind of speaks to the rather anemic year I had with new games. And number 3 also happens to be a re-release with added content.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed them all, but it was that kind of year.

Nabs

My list is looking something like:

Lethal League
Hexcells Plus
Elliot Quest
South Park
Dark Souls 2

I'll figure it out in a bit!

Phawx

My GOTY list really isn't the best it's just what I can think of in my head at the moment, in no particular order:

XeoDrifter
Vagante
Distance
Elliot Quest

TheLight

My GOTY list is probably
Shadow of Mordor
Metal Gear Solid:Ground Zeros
Wolfenstein:TNO
FarCry 4

Blu(e)

Finally finished the last thread and this thread is already five pages deep! I'll refrain from posting voting since I haven't finished anything from 2014.

Completely agree, but the problem with that is none of really played the same games. The voting would be epic.

no Rising? lame

Boom.

No Rising is totally lame. :3

And I'd love to do that somewhat too... Hate it as much as you like, but Bioshock Infinite would be in my top 5 for the year.

...well one vote is already in the bin for choosing the same game more than once.

Hopefully not mine!

Speevy

Banned
Momodora III
Ziggurat
Alien Isolation
Valiant Hearts The Great War
Crypt of the Necrodancer

My list is weirder than your list.

Momodora III
Ziggurat
Alien Isolation
Valiant Hearts The Great War
Crypt of the Niecrodancer

My list is weirder than your list.

Shit, thank you. I wasn't happy with Transistor making the cut and I somehow glossed over Crypt in my games played 2014 list. Off to the normal GOTY thread to fix that.

Momentary

Banned
Too bad DoA isn't going to have online modes until after its release.

Are people thinking this will be the 360/PS3 version of the game?

Pachimari

Why are we ignoring H1Z1 so hard here on GAF? We need to add it to the OP. Comes out on EA on January 15 I believe.

It's a great month with titles such as GTAV and Life is Strange.

autoduelist

So I just spent some time signing up for isthereanydeal.com and importing my wishlist, etc.

My number one question -- does it alert you when a game you have on your 'waitlist' is in a bundle? For example, say you want to know if a game is less that $3, but there's a bundle with 5 other games for $4... would it tell you?

So I just spent some time signing up for isthereanydeal.com and importing my wishlist, etc.

My number one question -- does it alert you when a game you have on your 'waitlist' is in a bundle? For example, say you want to know if a game is less that $3, but there's a bundle with 5 other games for $4... would it tell you?

Yes. It will tell you it's part of a bundle and link to that bundle.

Image to show where to look.

Nabs

I remember Nabs mentioning it awhile back. Is this somewhat accurate?
Ppja7DN.jpg

Looks like we're gonna get Tier 3 topped off.
Very much so. There's no hand holding whatsoever, so if you ever do play it, take notes. It's a great game with an incredible amount of content, lots and lots of bonus/secret areas, and it's easy to miss much of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom