• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same thing happened with Zestiria, until 2 guys went elbows deep in the game. All the logic was tied to 30FPS and doubling the frame rate or lowering the frame rate just made the game speed up or run in slow motion, but those awesome dudes got it to work. They still update their patch. Hopefully the same team will be interested in doing it with this game.

But, it's probably a different engine and probably a HUMONGOUS undertaking for them.
Hmm
The animation is definitely locked to the framerate in the Naruto games, and Storm 4 probably won't be any different, but in this case they would be doing the animation 60fps to begin with.

Once again , they likely won't need to. As far as we know , Storm 4 is already 60 FPS to begin with.

Ah I didn't know it was already 60 FPS. My bad.

Ozium

This has to be one of the worst managed and communicated Kickstarted projects....

This is just sad now

There's also this from the store page:

More content packed in than many regular tables put together - Multiballs, Wizard Modes, Video Modes, Spinners, Jet Bumpers, Magnets, Drop Targets and just about everything else you can imagine!

um.. all the things they listed are on many regular tables, already 'put together'... spinners, jet bumpers and drop targets are pretty damn well fundamental to pinball and not very unique yet they are listed as exciting features...

lol

btw do you have TPA season 5?

Vamphuntr

Ugh PSN is a terrible online service. Trying to buy something on vita and it's telling me my password is wrong but it works to log me in on pc. What?

Man I really wanted an early release time for RotTR. Ah well.

I see my cat pudding gif has made its rounds. That makes me happy.
62HNKak.gif

Been mostly playing Fallout 4. Steam says I've played 164 hours but it doesn't seem like that. I had 3 restarts and I'm on my second play through. Anyhow, turns out that with Cait,
curing her addictions was a bad idea. She was the only companion I could take with me when I needed to use drugs to get past an area without complaining about me using but now she the worst.
Also with her quest,
why did I have to take her to that vault? I have a dozen or more drinks that will cure any addiction.
Well, I guess I could always take the dog. kinda wanted to save him for my next play through as a lone wanderer.

Ventara

Dammit, how do I install a PC game with a CD? I bought the retail version of The Evil Within since it was cheap and downloading 40GB is a no-no on my 300GB data cap. I insert the first disc (of four) and all that's on it is some notepad document.

[.ShellClassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21815

That's literally it. Like what am I doing wrong. Installing games from discs used to be simpler than this.

Edit: Looks like it may be due to a failing DVD drive. Fuck. I've used this less than 10 times.

Can anyone give me some insights on why midnight release for video games is important for some people?
Especially if it's in the middle of the week. Don't people have things to do in the morning?

def sim

Can anyone give me some insights why midnight release for video games is important for some people?
Especially if it's in the middle of the week. Don't people have things to do in the morning?

Not everybody works the same shift and some people just want to play early. It's as simple as that.

Jawmuncher

Can anyone give me some insights why midnight release for video games is important for some people?

Not everyone has the same schedule. My buddy for example has Thursday's and Friday's off every week. The earlier a game is available on its release date the better for all.

Not everybody works the same shift and some people just want to play early. It's as simple as that.

Not everyone has the same schedule. My buddy for example has Thursday's and Friday's off every week. The earlier a game is available on its release date the better for all.

Right, I'm quite aware of that. For once, I had a night shift on my past job as well.
And that bolded part, I never think about that. It's true. Perhaps I'm just too accustomed to playing games one day later than everyone else.

What are you seeing in there that you think you may enjoy? Seems like all junk to me. So "Nah" from me.

I agree its mostly just. I would like to get Starlord, The Chaos Engine, and World War II GI for my retro steam collection. GON' E-CHOO interests me for some reason. Vector Strain looks decent.

I'm kinda leaning towards nah

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm considering buying The Witness, but I just calculated that my average price per steam game last year was $0.44, so this is equivalent to 90 games purchased at my average price

Volimar

Soon.

I still don't have the heart to star Newfoundland...

Newfoundland isn't so rough. Heavies with scopes and snipers. Once I hit the beacon I dash with the 2 or 3 furthest from the evac zone and position the rest as close to the evac as I can while still overwatching. Repeat until home free.

Sober

I'm considering buying The Witness, but I just calculated that my average price per steam game last year was $0.44, so this is equivalent to 90 games purchased at my average price
I mean go ahead and buy it but you'll have to buy even more cheaper bundle fodder to drive your average back down!

Teeth

On one hand, it seems like you have tons of expendable cash, so if you wanted to play it immediately, you likely wouldn't be giving up a whole lot.

On the other hand, it could make you physically sick.

A toss up, really.

zkylon

zkylewd
played a bit more of the witness

i gotta say, so far the non-linear nature of the game just feels like a real poor decision. there's the metroid element of "now i know how this works so i can unlock all this new places!" but it's easy to get lost and instead of having a more natural flow of taking note of all the blocked paths in your head the game just greets you with dozens of closed doors of untutorialized mechanics that don't really require you to be clever, but really to, by fortune alone, happen upon the right path that teaches you how to solve them first

like, if you're gonna gate areas based on knowledge (because if i'm not taught how to solve these puzzles through introductory puzzles then i'm never gonna intuitively get the really difficult ones i've randomly stumbled on) then you probably should actually direct me in the right path first so i'm not wasting my time going back and forth trying looking for the tutorial lol.

it's awesome in metroid but here i feel that there's little to be gained from all this walking around. it's undoubtely one of the prettiest games i've ever played and sure there's some audiologs hidden in the environment as well as some secret puzzles but the weird forward acceleration you get when you start moving and all the invisible walls over all the ledges (plus the motion sickness and having to hold a left trigger to run) do their best to discourage from exploring too much. the two things feel at odds, you for sure want to see more of this beautiful environments and you definitely wanna get fed more puzzles but getting there is just boring when it's not sickening

it sucks cos solving the puzzles is both really challenging and rewarding, and i've been enjoying most of the twists on the mechanics i've seen

but i feel like i'm chasing tutorials and that's really weird and i don't think that's right

Dsyndrome

Your heart tells you it's true.

The Enhanced Edition's come a long way; you can play Unfinished Business on both now, and they're compatible with the upcoming expansion like was said before.

If someone doesn't own any copies, I'd say there's no reason not to go for the Enhanced Editions for both BG1 and 2, unless money's tight and there's some massive sale on the GOG complete ones.

Since I have both, I get all the old manuals and other goodies as well as can play the enhanced stuff. The games are on sale frequently; too bad you can't get the EE's from Nuuvem anymore, I think I paid $5 each or something like that.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm also resenting the game a lot over this fkking panel lol

vDWvoTT.png

(removed the answers)

edit: nvm, i got it

see, this game is cool when you're playing it

And SotFS crossed the half million mark.
Not bad for a paid upgrade. I imagine many (I will be joining them as well) upgraded as it was cheaper to get that than the season pass for the original and then the upgrade. Still need to play the DLC.
Well, that makes sense. Dark Souls is easily 2.5 times better than Dark Souls 2.
Idk I still love Souls 2 and it certainly ran a lot better on PC out of the box so that's a plus.
Scholar of the First Sin is nearly at 600k too. I would be curious to know how much overlap there is on the base game.
I'll be upgrading next Steam Sale I think.

Teeth

Not bad for a paid upgrade. I imagine many (I will be joining them as well) upgraded as it was cheaper to get that than the season pass for the original and then the upgrade. Still need to play the DLC.

Idk I still love Souls 2 and it certainly ran a lot better on PC out of the box so that's a plus.

I'll be upgrading next Steam Sale I think.

The DLC stuff has easily the best level design in the game. Some areas rank up there with DS1's better areas. Some excellent boss encounters too (and some decent ones too).

The rearranging of the vanilla levels have their ups and downs.

But I liked DS2 a lot overall anyway, *shrug*

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For those who pre-ordered Mad Max, the pre-order sub was updated earlier to include two promotional hood ornaments that WB added to the other subs a couple of months ago. I contacted Avalanche about the disparity a few days ago and my message was forwarded on to one of WB's community managers, who got back to me this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom