• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Stupid question- with Steam, is the stated install size for a game all that's required, or will I need to make up like twice the space in total for temporary files and stuff. Asking because I haven't finished Chris' campaign but I want to start downloading Lara Old Boy Simulator

Ha dude I'm perfectly chill. I come to a discussion forum for just that, discussion. If you want to raise a topic of discussion (ie the state of R6 Siege) but then brush if off when you're engaged for what ever reason then that's your prerogative but it does make me wonder what do you come here for?

Maybe it's the cynic in me (or the fact that I've dabbled in marketing), but when I see someone gushing over a game (that, to be honest, hasn't had the best launch) and desperately trying to win people over to play it, it turns me off from said product immediately. I pointed it out and gave my reasons for doing so, which is more than I give a lot of people, so consider yourself lucky in that respect.

I mean, I like reading impressions of indie games and other titles brought up by people here, But when it comes to AAA games and this in particular, your post read like a list of talking points. I certainly value your input, but that just turned me off completely.

Please don't sit here and quote rules. If I had any reason to argue with you, my tone would be a lot less civil.

MUnited83

For you.
in the thread where people are known not to read even OP?
perfectly reasonable, I'd say

just kidding, don't get angry Doggie! no post on topic is too long

I'm afraid to even ask
how much a retail is then?

I did just a quick search, but it seems mostly >80$ instead of the 77$ it is on Steam.

Dr Dogg

Maybe it's the cynic in me (or the fact that I've dabbled in marketing), but when I see someone gushing over a game (that, to be honest, hasn't had the best launch) and desperately trying to win people over to play it, it turns me off from said product immediately. I pointed it out and gave my reasons for doing so, which is more than I give a lot of people, so consider yourself lucky in that respect.

I mean, I like reading impressions of indie games and other titles brought up by people here, But when it comes to AAA games and this in particular, your post read like a list of talking points. I certainly value your input, but that just turned me off completely.

Please don't sit here and quote rules. If I had any reason to argue with you, my tone would be a lot less civil.

Fair enough you made your mind up, I respect that but to brush me off like that and your general tone is going to make me think when potentially engaging with you in the future.

Hey if you end up getting banned because you said I was 'fanboying it up' don't come blaming me. Chances are slim in this thread but in my time here I've seen folks go down over on Gaming side for addressing others in that fashion.

Ban Puncher

You should have added some anime gifs in your post ;)

DID SOMEBODY SAY ANIME JIFS?????

5IrKp35.gif

Bigby

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Bigby, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Tom Clancy's The Division - Beta -- MB-52D0138E9BA12929 - Taken by crazyrabbits

Redeem here

Balthuk

Stupid question- with Steam, is the stated install size for a game all that's required, or will I need to make up like twice the space in total for temporary files and stuff. Asking because I haven't finished Chris' campaign but I want to start downloading Lara Old Boy Simulator

I guess the steam page info is accurate while the actual download is smaller and then unpacks/installs to the steam page size? There must be a place to check out final size on disk, for sure.

Haunted

Some pretty awful tracing of copyrighted pictures going on in that Russian game.

I'm more pissed that a wrote a flipping wall of text for no point than being call a name. I mean I've got work to do!
I appreciated the write up, even though I don't care much about The Division after we learned more about it.

I think you're not getting a lot of feedback because you spent a long time talking about its basic structure and not too much about how the game actually feels to play (in terms of UI, AI, combat encounter design, feedback, sound design, gunplay, etc.)

Basically, you wrote a whole bunch of stuff like you were the tutorial of the game but not much someone who wanted to hear an actual opinion about the game could work with.

Dr Dogg

Seeing as GameStop are publishing Insomniac's new game wonder if it's going to get a physical release. Would be oh so funny to see the boot on the other foot regards to the secondary market.

I appreciated the write up, even though I don't care much about The Division after we learned more about it. I think you're not getting a lot of feedback because you spent a long time talking about its basic structure and not too much about how the game actually feels to play (in terms of UI, AI, combat encounter design, feedback, sound design, gunplay, etc.) Basically, you wrote a whole bunch of stuff like you were the tutorial of the game but not much someone who wanted to hear an actual opinion about the game could work with.

Ha! I meant my Rainbow 6 waffle, not my Division waffle. Christ that put me to sleep just writing it let alone any poor soul who braved to read it all. Still thanks for reading I guess.

Jawmuncher

Seeing as GameStop are publishing Insomniac's new game winder if it's going to get a physical release. Would be oh so funny to see the boot on the other foot regards to the secondary market.

It's getting a physical release for the same price as digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom