• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monooboe

So this might sound kind of hyperbolic but ROTTR is better than I thought it would be and I was quite hyped. So good.

Wonder how it will do sales wise on PC compared to xbox.

The Ship has a free weekend. I was thinking it might be a nice thing for an impromptu game night.

It's 66% off on Steam if you have trading card cash to spend and $2.99/£2.09 on Humble. This will get people a 25% off discount on the Remastered game out in two weeks. No idea what the politics is with the rights of the game and the original creators but as far as I'm concerned I'm happy this franchise is alive.

Just 1.6GB and it's quite easy to drop in and play. Could play on the mumble server together and get a group each night.

Anyone would buy me a copy?~
Can't you just use fake addresses on Amazon? Tempted to pick up Dirt Rally for that price.

inm8num2

Shardlight store page is live.
header.jpg

Coming March 8.

Dr Dogg

Well I get this for JC3...
Important message about the item you would like to purchase

We noticed that you're shopping from United Kingdom. This item is currently unavailable for customers shopping from United Kingdom. We do not know when or if this item will be available again. Not Shopping from United Kingdom? Change your country setting

So I guess you must have to be from Mars to buy it at that price then.

Oy, its me ya m8 alfie could a fello UK lad help me get a copy of Dirt Rally and Just Cause free for free quid?

Seriously though, a VPN wouldn't work right?

EDIT: RIP, Dirt Rally can't catch a break when it comes to pricing errors.

madjoki

Well I get this for JC3...

So I guess you must have to be from Mars to buy it at that price then.

It worked before, but checkout gave just

We're sorry!
There was an internal error in our system. We logged the problem and will investigate it later. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

continue shopping on the Amazon.co.uk home page.

No need for VPN, just click change country button it gives you.

Dr Dogg

Oy, its me ya m8 alfie could a fello UK lad help me get a copy of Dirt Rally and Just Cause free for free quid?

Seriously though, a VPN wouldn't work right?

EDIT: RIP, Dirt Rally can't catch a break when it comes to pricing errors.

Considering I'm being told 'on your bike' with regular good old fashioned English Internet I hate to think what would happen when using a VPN.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The last three times I've signed into Steam:
*goes to sign in to Steam on PC, unsure why I'm not signed in*
Steam: Get a code from your mobile authenticator
*walks to cell phone, checks Steam app, I'm not signed in there either, oh and also the Steam app doesn't support my password manager so this is a pain in the ass, signs in*
Steam: Get a code from your mobile authenticator
Me: Yes, the point is that this is my mobile authenticator, you idiots
*Clicks "Please help I no longer have my mobile authenticator codes"*
*Clicks "Use this device and get authenticator codes on this app"*
Steam: Check your text messages for a code to confirm you're you (why wouldn't I have gotten my 2FA through text message???? Answer unknown?)
*enters text*
*signed in on app*
*App defaults to friends pane even though I asked app to default to Steam Guard*
*gets 2FA code*
*sign in on PC*

This is not a good process. I now need to decide whether I want to make my account less secure so that I can actually use it. This is stupid.

Dr Dogg

I feel your pain Stump as I've been through the same hassle quite a few times since I enabled mobile authentication. I dropped 2 factor authentication and just have it set to text me a verification code as it was becoming a right pain.

It worked before, but checkout gave just

We're sorry!
There was an internal error in our system. We logged the problem and will investigate it later. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

continue shopping on the Amazon.co.uk home page.

No need for VPN, just click change country button it gives you.

Yeah that's what I had on Dirt Rally initially but they're both returning unavailable in your country now. Clicking the country settings box and selecting my actual address doesn't do anything to change matters either.

The NVIDIA promo version of RotTR doesn't get either of the pre-order packs (Remnant Resistance and Sparrowhawk) or the Remnant Resistance Pack as a "Day 1 Purchase"

annoying but I only paid $20 so meh...shrugs

Monooboe

In ROTTR, is it possible to go back to a level and do what one missed? Don't want to miss out of any 100% achivement and I know I already missed and can't reload the lvl, so might as well restart the game?o_O

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is not a good process. I now need to decide whether I want to make my account less secure so that I can actually use it. This is stupid.

Just be thankful (I guess?) that mobile authentication works at all for you. Even though I have an Android phone, they've decided seemingly arbitrarily to not support my carrier for their text messaging stuff. I don't even have an option for using the mobile authenticator.

I use Google's 2 factor auth on my email account and with Lastpass, and would obviously prefer to use something like Google Authenticator for Steam as well. But not having the authenticator isn't so bad really, but it's definitely made me much less active in the Steam economy and whatnot since trading takes 1-3 days now.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I feel your pain Stump as I've been through the same hassle quite a few times since I enabled mobile authentication. I dropped 2 factor authentication and just have it set to text me a verification code as it was becoming a right pain.

Wait, they actually support text verification codes now?! Before it was email or app.

Just be thankful (I guess?) that mobile authentication works at all for you. Even though I have an Android phone, they've decided seemingly arbitrarily to not support my carrier for their text messaging stuff. I don't even have an option for using the mobile authenticator.

I use Google's 2 factor auth on my email account and with Lastpass, and would obviously prefer to use something like Google Authenticator for Steam as well. But not having the authenticator isn't so bad really, but it's definitely made me much less active in the Steam economy and whatnot since trading takes 1-3 days now.

You can't use the Steam app at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom