• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
cmon

celestian-tales-old-north-32178.jpg

My tumblr-sense is tingling.

Arthea

cmon

http://www.wingamestore.com/images_screenshots/celestian-tales-old-north-32178.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

I like using hyperbole like any other person out there, but not liking certain artstyle still doesn't make it ugly, unless you use a word ugly not as it is supposed to be used.

[quote="Maniac, post: 193772057"]'Cept for all of it[/QUOTE]

what?

Maniac

Banned
Jonathan Blow or Croteam should design tombs in next Tomb Raider :D

Or just Core Design :(

#FuckEidos

Edit: Just realised that Crystal Dynamics has rebooted Tomb Raider twice now. You could almost argue three times what with making a remake of an older game aswell.
It looks like 2016 is going to stack up to 2015 already, and there's a number of bigger and lesser heard titles already in January worth checking out, and more coming out... Jeez, last year was not kind to my wallet, and looks like I don't get a break in 2016 either.

If any of you are curious, yes there's already a few good horror games in 2016 one month in, and some extremely promising ones coming out in the next couple months.
The Outlast sequel is a '16 release, right?

If so that's atleast one that's worth looking out for.

I was kidding. Hadn't even heard of the game nor seen it 'til Zky's image.

Although that isn't making me all that confident that my joke was off the mark. :s

Maniac

Banned
Well at least it has an consistent style, so you're not that wrong.
It's not saying much, either. League has had a ton of awful art that'd be too shite for even DeviantArt. I'd say they're getting better on that front, but consistency is still not a concept they fathom.
Yo man I can respect opinions and all but please don't do this. Eidos is good when their games hasn't been in development hell for forever (thi4f)

Meh. The new Deus Ex was pretty good, although it lacked a lot of what made the original special. Anyway, I was really talking about Eidos the publisher which has very little to do with Eidos Montreal, other than the naming.

dex3108

Or just Core Design :(

#FuckEidos

Edit: Just realised that Crystal Dynamics has rebooted Tomb Raider twice now. You could almost argue three times what with making a remake of an older game aswell.

I mean in RotTR everything is there, great locations, interesting lore (not story but lore in general), they nailed sense of scale, those small puzzles in tombs are good, they just need to expand those. Make them bigger and multi-stage. I can feel adventure as soon as i ignore main story.

Yo man I can respect opinions and all but please don't do this. Eidos is good when their games hasn't been in development hell for forever (thi4f)

When you mentioned Thief i wonder will we ever see "make your own difficulty" option that was in Thief reboot. I loved that option.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
NEXT TRACK COMING TO FORMULA FUSION ON STEAM: NIAGARA GP.

Length: 12.75 Km.
Description: A fast track with gentle flowing straights and sweeping bends. Easy to navigate but hard to master.
Features: Surface water and spray.
Background: The Great Tsunami of 2030 decimated the area around the Niagara Delta and in its wake nature reclaimed the lands back as it's own. The main visual theme of Niagara GP is over-grown moss-stained ruined buildings, lush unkempt vegetation, flood damage and fast flowing water.

We will post up a shot each day until delivery..

Maniac

Banned
I mean in RotTR everything is there, great locations, interesting lore (not story but lore in general), they nailed sense of scale, those small puzzles in tombs are good, they just need to expand those. Make them bigger and multi-stage. I can feel adventure as soon as i ignore main story.

When you mentioned Thief i wonder will we ever see "make your own difficulty" option that was in Thief reboot. I loved that option.

True, that's one of the few good things about Thi4f; The modular difficulty settings were great. Unlike the game itself.

And meh, I dunno, they still felt kinda... Shite and too damn streamlined and puzzle-less. There's no real difficulty, and I doubt we'll ever see that because those games are all about playing it safe now.

Ozium

I liked what I played of Planet Diver, it's pretty similar to Downwell.

me too I posted a bit about it and then got shit on because someone in here said it was bad because they played the mobile version...

they also added more content recently

it's a fun casual arcade game, it's like downwell but without shooting, instead you blast through enemies by speeding up

MUnited83

For you.
The next one should be called Fall of the Tomb Raider. It would be the most accurate title from the reboot series, since half of the game is watching Lara falling.

Eila

I kinda like the half realistic half anime style on there. Looks a bit like Castlevania OoC or maybe Advance Wars Days of Ruin.
The glasses on Cammile greatly bother me, though.

Dsyndrome

Tomb Raider 3: Rise of the Machines.
Conquest of the Tomb Raider: Sanity's Requiem
Trigger Happy Tomb Raider

Can't decide what to play later after studying. RotTR and XCOM:EW are both calling my name.

Uzzy

The next one should be called Fall of the Tomb Raider. It would be the most accurate title from the reboot series, since half of the game is watching Lara falling.

That'd be a bit on the nose I feel. Though as the games lack any sense of subtlety, I imagine they've already picked that one out.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The next 3 subtitles are already set

Revengeance of the Tomb Raider
Revolution of the Tomb Raider
Reveleations of the Tomb Raider
I hope they make a Relationship of the Tomb Raider spinoff for adventures in dating Jonah.

I've been playing a bit of Rebel Galaxy and using the Steam controller explicitly.

It works really well here. I quickly forget all about right analog sticks and tactile d-pads and Y-axis space combat.

The naval style sticks to you. I'm too early into it to give a fair write up, but the game has been seriously successful with invoking what you expect here: Firefly-style intuitive and quick space trading (even slaves, you fucking monsters) with solid, intense firefights.

Pachimari

Just realized The Small Ones didn't come out for This War of Mine on PC? Was that why there was the whole "the developer don't care about their first fans" talk yesterday?

I actually think I'm gonna wait on The Witness. Only because I'm currently doing a playthrough of FF VII, Until Dawn, Oxenfree and Yakuza already.

Street Fighter V will have to wait until after my vacation as well. I'll practice Tekken Tag 2 instead.

Might pick up Wayward Souls on iOS though. Heard that ones a really good Dark Souls clone for mobile.

sprinkles

oh wow at xcom 2 not having controller support

I loved the gamepad controls on the first. played the whole thing on a TV laying in bed and I much rather do that than the desk since its a slow game with no need for precision

really bummed. shit.
I just hope someone writes a decent profile for the Steam Controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom