• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyba89

You will get to the end of the game still be getting hint prompts on how to use tools you obtained hours ago :p

I'm not even having problems with the hints. It's just that everything is still super-easy and therefore boring. And I'm saying that as someone who never complains about a too low difficulty in a game.
I just arrived at the
train yard fire.

mp1990

Banned
Man, i really hope the "rumors" of Steins;Gate coming to Steam (not sure if we can call that SteamDB page a rumor) are real. I'm currently going through it on my PSTV, and this game is incredible. Everyone needs to try it for themselves.

Anno

Uzzy

So how do we kill Gargos?

k4f6qRU.gif

Got the Buffy vibe super hard from this trailer, and I love it.

Dr Dogg

Speaking of threads where things go off out of kilter, that 'what's the most British game' thread certainly makes we wonder what on earth everyone not from these isles constitutes being British. Do you all think we're top hat wearing, tea swilling dandies? That's more of an outdated posh English stereotype. I can image a true Scotsman taking offence to drinking tea from a china cup. Now Iron Bru or Tenants Super...

Saying that reading the world reaction to the 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony it's pretty clear the rest of the world sees us as a little odd.

Anteater

Speaking of threads where things go off out of kilter, that 'what's the most British game' thread certainly makes we wonder what on earth everyone not from these isles constitutes being British. Do you all think we're top hat wearing, tea swilling dandies? That's more of an outdated posh English stereotype. I can image a true Scotsman taking offence to drinking tea from a china cup. Now Iron Bru or Tenants Super...

Saying that reading the world reaction to the 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony it's pretty clear the rest of the world sees us as a little odd.

i imagine all british to be peter molyneux

edit: and ozium i don't know why

Uzzy

I know that Scots only drink Buckfast.

Personally, I'm always delighted when foreigners discover that there's parts of England that exist outside London.

Dr Dogg

i imagine all british to be peter molyneux

edit: and ozium i don't know why

I've got an odd tale to tell about possibly the most British man on the planet but I know he reads GAF so I'll probably end up getting my head kicked in if he found out and put two and two together.

Shepard

Man, late January + early February are absolutely insane for PC, we got such good releases one after the other. Deserts of Kharak being way better than expected, then the Witness, Torment releasing in EA, Rise of the tomb raider, all in less than 2 weeks... And the next 2-3 weeks look almost as crazy. How am I supposed to clear my backlog, Gaben?

Uzzy

Man, late January + early February are absolutely insane for PC, we got such good releases one after the other. Deserts of Kharak being way better than expected, then the Witness, Torment releasing in EA, Rise of the tomb raider, all in less than 2 weeks... And the next 2-3 weeks look almost as crazy. How am I supposed to clear my backlog, Gaben?

I've heard a lot of great things about Deserts of Kharak. Which makes me very happy, as this year is going to be an insanely great one for strategy games. XCOM2, Endless Space 2, Stellaris and Hearts of Iron 4 are just the stand out titles this year! We might end up with 4 classic titles added to the strategy oeuvre in this year alone.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

It looks like 2016 is going to stack up to 2015 already, and there's a number of bigger and lesser heard titles already in January worth checking out, and more coming out... Jeez, last year was not kind to my wallet, and looks like I don't get a break in 2016 either.

If any of you are curious, yes there's already a few good horror games in 2016 one month in, and some extremely promising ones coming out in the next couple months.

Hinomura

If there is such a think as "silent", I would think that you could buy and/or mod that into your existing sticks. ;)
Googled a bit.

The Hayabusa Silent uses custom optical sensors instead of microswitches along with Kuro buttons with dampening pads.

On shoryuken.com there's a claim that the noise is drastically reduced: the stick noise level from 53dB goes down to 5dB and the buttons noise level from 75db goes down to 9dB.

Modding the optical sensors solution in the old RAPs seems not to be an easy / cheap task.

I hope to find the Hayabusa Silent in the future, but for now my left thumb has to endure the pain. :)

Phinor

Backlog clearance was scheduled for the first two weeks of January. It's all downhill after that. Better luck next year!

Salsa

oh wow at xcom 2 not having controller support

I loved the gamepad controls on the first. played the whole thing on a TV laying in bed and I much rather do that than the desk since its a slow game with no need for precision

really bummed. shit.

Shepard

I've heard a lot of great things about Deserts of Kharak. Which makes me very happy, as this year is going to be an insanely great one for strategy games. XCOM2, Endless Space 2, Stellaris and Hearts of Iron 4 are just the stand out titles this year! We might end up with 4 classic titles added to the strategy oeuvre in this year alone.
If you are a sci-fi fan, Kharak's storytelling and atmosphere are superb, even better than most RPGS I'vee played lately, lol. If you are a homeworld fan, well, it's basically heaven.

Backlog clearance was scheduled for the first two weeks of January. It's all downhill after that. Better luck next year!
And suddenly, 2016 feels just like 2015 again. :(

AHA-Lambda

It looks like 2016 is going to stack up to 2015 already, and there's a number of bigger and lesser heard titles already in January worth checking out, and more coming out... Jeez, last year was not kind to my wallet, and looks like I don't get a break in 2016 either.

If any of you are curious, yes there's already a few good horror games in 2016 one month in, and some extremely promising ones coming out in the next couple months.

Wonder if first half of 2016 will be better than second half just like last year :p

It's an insane couple of months for PC gamers ^_^

As for backlog clearance, I'm setting aside March, which is seems very surprisingly quiet this year - unless I'm missing something?

derExperte

Vs threads should be banned. BANNED! There's another one going on right now talking about MK vs Street Fighter and the majority of the talk is unsubstantiated gibberish with seldom any facts to back up their statements. Be right back just going create a thread on why Uplay is better than Steam.

Have you read the DF Division PS4 vs X1 thread though? Why would anyone not want something like that to exist, it's fantastic. Must be seen to be believed material. Stuff you show your kids to explain to them why they are living in a Mad Max-like apocalyptic world and why it's better to not have internet anymore.

zkylon

zkylewd
oh wow at xcom 2 not having controller support

I loved the gamepad controls on the first. played the whole thing on a TV laying in bed and I much rather do that than the desk since its a slow game with no need for precision

really bummed. shit.

they might patch it in later

Endruen

I'm considering buying the Humble Monthly this month, but I'm not 100% sure. It's a great price for Alien Isolation and I really want it, plus the other games that may come. The problem is that if those games aren't that good or I already have them, I will feel like I wasted a few bucks.
What do you think, GAF? Should I buy it?

Copons

Following up to my yesterday questions about RotR performances on a 780.

It really was enough to drop texture quality from very high to high (and keep everything else at max, except FXAA instead of SSAA) to fix any possible stuttering both from cutscenes and ingame.
And who'd be able to tell apart a very high quality snow texture from a just high one, anyway?

Hektor

I'm considering buying the Humble Monthly this month, but I'm not 100% sure. It's a great price for Alien Isolation and I really want it, plus the other games that may come. The problem is that if those games aren't that good or I already have them, I will feel like I wasted a few bucks.
What do you think, GAF? Should I buy it?

Lowest price point for Alien has been 10$ so far, so you'd really only be wasting 2$ if everything else turns out to be a bummer.

derExperte

Following up to my yesterday questions about RotR performances on a 780.

It really was enough to drop texture quality from very high to high (and keep everything else at max, except FXAA instead of SSAA) to fix any possible stuttering both from cutscenes and ingame.
And who'd be able to tell apart a very high quality snow texture from a just high one, anyway?

The game is supposedly getting MUCH more demanding later on so you'll probably have to drop some more settings eventually.

Knurek

The game is supposedly getting MUCH more demanding later on so you'll probably have to drop some more settings eventually.

So, TR2013 all over again?
(I think I had to drop detail level all the way down to Medium to have anything resembling 60 fps by the time I reached Shantytown)

Kriken

Eh, The Division is okay, but the beta got real boring quick. It really could use some different types of things to do in the Dark Zone, couldn't really get a group together and didn't really engage in much PvP

Copons

The bastards!
They already made me believe I was fine all maxed with the first area, just to crush all my dreams and framerates with the second.
How dare they do that again later on!

dex3108

RotTR is ok game but sometimes it really shines. so far my favorite "tomb" was Voice of God. It is not that tomb itself is good/amazing, but journey to that tomb is beautiful. Sense of scale and beautiful scenery is breathtaking. Too bad that most of the main story is action orientated.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I'm really liking RotTR but I did like TR2013 a lot too and this pretty much feels like a general improvement in almost all areas(Well not story because Rhianna Pratchett is still writing it I guess and she absolutely haven't gotten better at it yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom