• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started it as a friendly question but I don't want to bicker about pointless shit in here again, did it often enough. I'll drop it

We'll find out in 20 minutes how incredibly expensive the Rift is going to be

At least they're not charging you now, they only charge when you ship. I'm guessing $599 especially since it's coming w/o the touch controllers, but we'll see. I think the cost is basically irrelevant; there's enough hype to sell out the original order batch no matter *what* the price is.

At least they're not charging you now, they only charge when you ship. I'm guessing $599 especially since it's coming w/o the touch controllers, but we'll see. I think the cost is basically irrelevant; there's enough hype to sell out the original order batch no matter *what* the price is.

I agree on the $600 price point given that it comes with a game and a xb1 controller, too. Figure the headset is around $500ish and then there's the rest

At that price it'll be a long time before I get to experience VR :(

Not to mention my PC is garbage now

Guess I'll have to live in the real world a little longer

ViviOggi

4644.jpg

"No,you see the pre-order page is IN VR! You need to turn around, it's behind you!

.. oh wait... you don't have the headset yet? Uh... we didn't think this through...."

Server crash on order pages... ah fond memories of buying Coachella and Burning Man tickets every year.

I'm honestly not even excited for VR in general, I'm fine with how games are now, and at $600 I don't think I'm going to take a chance and buy one. Maybe if the Vive is cheaper I would consider it but most likely not. I wonder what the PSVR and Vive will be doing price wise now that Oculus has come out so expensive?

Lol Canada
I'm honestly not even excited for VR in general, I'm fine with how games are now, and at $600 I don't think I'm going to take a chance and buy one. Maybe if the Vive is cheaper I would consider it but most likely not. I wonder what the PSVR and Vive will be doing price wise now that Oculus has come out so expensive?
Vive has been pushing itself as an Enthusiast option so I wouldn't expect it to be cheaper, lol.

Ludens

Banned
One of the fastest selling consumer devices of all time?
The first time around

VR is nothing like Kinect, it's truly something new and game changing.

I tried it on Skyrim one year ago or something like that in Vigamus, it caused me motion sickness and a terrible headache, and this for 10 minutes I used it (that was an outdated build, for sure, but still).
This device is totally uninteresting for me (and similar devices like Morpheus etc), adding basically nothing to the game. I'm ok with a pad.

chronomac

I didn't realize the Rift came with an Xbox One controller, in addition to the headset, sensor and Oculus remote. Doesn't make it that much easier to take the price tag, though. Still, this is relatively new tech and anyone who gets in on the initial hardware will be paying a premium. It's always been that way.

One of the fastest selling consumer devices of all time?
The first time around

VR is nothing like Kinect, it's truly something new and game changing.
there's sticker shock because a vast majority of us havent even touched VR

one can say that this is similar to the PS3 launch butttttt the PS3 was a known quantity in that it was just an expensive ass console, something everyone was familiar with.

Considering that the rift will also require that people either upgrade their desktop or, hell, actually buy a desktop and you have yourself a high ceiling for early adoption, too high for VR as it stands.

They need to get out there and put that thing in people's hands if they want to it catch at all

Tizoc

Do I have to? It already feels like a chore.

I honestly enjoyed the game a lot, I like the characters and how whacky they are. The setting and music is superb. Look for the simple things in a game, never go in just because you want to know why it's popular.
But no really
get to the final boss
the real final boss

I tried it on Skyrim one year ago or something like that in Vigamus, it caused me motion sickness and a terrible headache, and this for 10 minutes I used it (that was an outdated build, for sure, but still).
This device is totally uninteresting for me (and similar devices like Morpheus etc), adding basically nothing to the game. I'm ok with a pad.
Skyrim wasn't designed for VR and has no official support. Hardly a good judge.

Ludens

Banned
march delivery date

iyUx0Jj.png

That price seems like when you deliver a fatal strike in FFX.

Skyrim wasn't designed for VR and has no official support. Hardly a good judge.

There was even a crappy horror game I can't remember the name, something like a mix between a Digital Homiced game and those Greenlight titles given for free the day after they release. It was horrible in the same way.

My estimate was 300 to 500 dollars.

$600 seems right now looking at some other stuff.

The people that thought it was for mainstream are the crazy ones though.

def sim

Well, at least I'll be able to try the CV for free when it releases. At that price it's at, I'll see what the end of 2016 looks for VR first.

680 dollars with tax and shipping.
birds+1.gif

There was even a crappy horror game I can't remember the name, something like a mix between a Digital Homiced game and those Greenlight titles given for free the day after they release. It was horrible in the same way.
A very bad game whose name you can't even remember had bad VR support? What a shocker! There are dozens of things designed for VR you could have tried instead of some random shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom