• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

header.jpg
header.jpg
header.jpg

Finished Turok for the first time since the 90's. After playing Fallout 4 for like 35 hours it was just what I needed to get my faith back in FPS gameplay. Super fast, super fun, tons* of guns, explosions, secrets, enemies, the new patch today even brought extra joy for blasting dead enemies to pieces... again!

The last few levels are just bat shit insane: bigger weapons, bigger enemies, more of them, everything is bat shit. Final boss was kinda funny because
Chronospector fuck yeah!
but still, what a great game.

Totally recommended for anyone who likes boom boom

http://store.steampowered.com/app/405820/

based Night Dive Studios.

I played through the first level and was having fun, but I was getting motion sickness due to the head bobbing.

Night Dive recently released a huge update that fixes a bunch of niggling issues, adds in some features, and even replace the audio with a higher quality version (apparently the N64 had higher quality audio than the original PC version).

Tizoc

Beaten the first game of the year, Killer Is Dead.

I'm not at all a Suda fan, but this one kept me entertained for its entire run.

It starts a bit slow, but as soon as you start obtaining upgrades and powerups, the combat gets fast and very satisfying.

The art is astounding.
I'm not talking just about the graphics (half of the game could easily be a perfect desktop wallpaper), but also the music, title design and cutscenes are excellent.

I've just got one big gripe: the fucking gigolo missions are... quite inappropriate?
Basically to obtain new weapons, you have to get laid. To get laid, you have to ogle a girl (the sexier place the better) to build up a guts bar, to give her a present. After a few presents you basically get laid and she gives you a weapon to thank you. If she notice that you are staring her boobs too much, she slaps you and the minigame is over.
To know what's the present she wants, you can wear some sort of x-ray glasses, allowing you to see her in her underwear.

I mean. It's not like I'm a prude or something. And I have to admit, the undressing cutscene with the kimono girl made me laugh for its ridiculousness.
But it stinks so so so much of useless fanservice smell, that I just can't think it's some kind of ironic thing. It doesn't even make sense in the context of the game and its plot, it's just there to allow you to see some celshaded bras. Meh?

Oh well, anyway.
While I'm waiting for my new mouse to try some FPS or other mouse intensive games, I've started Dungeon of the Endless, and oh gawd, why did I wait so much to buy it?
I've spent the better part of the last few months trying to find this exact genre of game in my library, and all I had to do was buy the one who's been in the top 20 of my wishlist since forever.
I'm just a couple of hours in, but it's already scratching so, so, so many itches!

The gigolo missions were criticized for whatthey were, hence the meme 'Fuck off into space'.
I take it you played with the 60 FPS+ fix? You can also play the game HUD-less as well.

Rebel Galaxy has all the style in the world. And a better alien language solution than Star Wars games, like TOR.

I haven't really dove into the gameplay much yet, but it's the kind of naval battle stuff I've been dying to have in a game. Sorry, World of Warships, but I've found something better (and far less time consuming)!

Bleh I was excited for FFIX to come out this month but now I guess that's not the case. This was one FF game on PC I would've preordered in a snap.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Nyteshade517, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nyteshade517, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen -- MB-4A2B8A9877F26005 - Taken by cyba89. 120 entrants total.

t1452106913z1.png

so AC Chronicles India is next week...I'll probably pick it up

it had been listed in the Ubisoft Club thing since that was launched so it was a wait and see until they finally said a date

That's not required to beat the game though.
Only arm weapon that halts progress is the drill arm.

Some of the weapons are pretty handy though.

There's no reason not to get them, well aside from having to endure the ridiculous mini-games.

EDIT: Kinda sucks about FFIX's release-date change, but I'll be too busy with Dragon's Dogma to notice.

RuinKaos

Final Fantasy IX is one of my favorites. I noticed they have achievements hopefully they don't have getting Excalibur II as an achievement as I never tried doing it because it seemed too hard to do.

Jawmuncher

Final Fantasy IX is one of my favorites. I noticed they have achievements hopefully they don't have getting Excalibur II as an achievement as I never tried doing it because it seemed too hard to do.

Well of its like FF7, you can use the game enhancements and still get it if you really want too

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Finished Life is Strange episode 2, and
Kate died :( I even befriended her and everything, but probably gave some wrong answers on the roof. It's too bad

Pachimari

so AC Chronicles India is next week...I'll probably pick it up

That's coming out this month too? Awaiting Steam page..

And lol at that January>Early change for FFIX.

By the way, I'm not sure, but was there a mod for Final Fantasy VII, which replaced the music with some higher-res music?

Hope the new Tomb Raider hits $20 by the winter sale.

it'll hit 20 by the summer, hell i'll bet you can pick up a steam key for $15 by summer

and i might bite even if I paid only $5 for the first one. Just want to check it out as TR2013 was one of my goty games for sure.

BTW, anyone got the steps/rules for steam GOTY voting? Has that already started?

Bowlie

Banned
Finished Life is Strange episode 2, and
Kate died :( I even befriended her and everything, but probably gave some wrong answers on the roof. It's too bad

I did everything right (even was surprised I knew so many little details about her life) but fucked up at the last moment and she jumped :c

RuinKaos

Well of its like FF7, you can use the game enhancements and still get it if you really want too

I didn't notice that they have an enhancement for no encounters that should make it easier. I wonder if one of them will be to complete the game at lvl 1 I remember seeing a guide that listed that as a playthrough as well because bosses don't give exp.

Pachimari

Anyone familiar with Gameplay Time Tracker? I want it to track my playtime in Final Fantasy XI, but the game first opens up the PlayOnline launcher, and then from there I launch the game. I can imagine it's something similar with Final Fantasy XIV. Is there any way I can make it work, maybe through the "Game detection" tab?

Knurek

Anyone familiar with Gameplay Time Tracker? I want it to track my playtime in Final Fantasy XI, but the game first opens up the PlayOnline launcher, and then from there I launch the game. I can imagine it's something similar with Final Fantasy XIV. Is there any way I can make it work, maybe through the "Game detection" tab?

Yeah, add the actual game exe to the "Game detection" tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom