• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea but my ideal future of VR is stuff decades away lol

I don't want a headset personally.

Oh, it has some fascinating potential and I have some ideas of my own. It is as you say, still a ways off.

Hell, i'd be willing to bite the bullet if it had VR card games or something.

Oh, it has some fascinating potential and I have some ideas in my head of my own. It is as you say, still a ways off.

Hell, i'd be willing to bite the bullet if it had VR card games or something.

Yeah I am more interested in VR and AR stuff that allow me to finally get Yugioh the way I dreamed of it lol

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
HDtv went mainstream at the $300-$400 price point, and that was a purchase most households have no intention of replacing. Every attempt by the tv industry to convince the public they need to upgrade to fancier new tech beyond that has failed miserably. .

Oh yeah, definitely. My comment there was mainly focused on the people who post on GAF: the enthusiast crowd more keen to upgrade to the latest and greatest than the regular consumer.

That's not 6

There is a reason why you can turn a 6 upside down and get a 9.

6 and 9 are the same good one Kriken.

QBJF43h.jpg

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
So finished Arkham Knight last night with just over 20 hours on the clock. Not gonna lie, I thought it was excellent and had a great time with it, up there with Origins/Asylum as the Batman games I like the most. Hell even all those drone battles didn't annoy me that much. I'll do some more side stuff but I'm more or less done, fuck those riddler trophies though. Already looked up the final ending on youtube.

MadGear

I'm currently playing Crypt of the Necrodancer (right now I can't get past Zone 3). And fuck those blue dragons. I know their pattern and still mess up each time.

I actually wish there were more levels in the Codex room of that game. Playing these the game feels like a surprisingly neat (and very familiar) little puzzle game.

I didn't expect FF9 to be released so soon.

I will probably get it as I only played the shitty pal version. If they could release FFT next that would also be quite nice of them.

Copons

Beaten the first game of the year, Killer Is Dead.

I'm not at all a Suda fan, but this one kept me entertained for its entire run.

It starts a bit slow, but as soon as you start obtaining upgrades and powerups, the combat gets fast and very satisfying.

The art is astounding.
I'm not talking just about the graphics (half of the game could easily be a perfect desktop wallpaper), but also the music, title design and cutscenes are excellent.

I've just got one big gripe: the fucking gigolo missions are... quite inappropriate?
Basically to obtain new weapons, you have to get laid. To get laid, you have to ogle a girl (the sexier place the better) to build up a guts bar, to give her a present. After a few presents you basically get laid and she gives you a weapon to thank you. If she notice that you are staring her boobs too much, she slaps you and the minigame is over.
To know what's the present she wants, you can wear some sort of x-ray glasses, allowing you to see her in her underwear.

I mean. It's not like I'm a prude or something. And I have to admit, the undressing cutscene with the kimono girl made me laugh for its ridiculousness.
But it stinks so so so much of useless fanservice smell, that I just can't think it's some kind of ironic thing. It doesn't even make sense in the context of the game and its plot, it's just there to allow you to see some celshaded bras. Meh?

Oh well, anyway.
While I'm waiting for my new mouse to try some FPS or other mouse intensive games, I've started Dungeon of the Endless, and oh gawd, why did I wait so much to buy it?
I've spent the better part of the last few months trying to find this exact genre of game in my library, and all I had to do was buy the one who's been in the top 20 of my wishlist since forever.
I'm just a couple of hours in, but it's already scratching so, so, so many itches!

Does the page say it'll have enhancements like FF7. Or will I have to resort to mods.

What kind of enhancements?

Achievements
・Seven game boosters including high speed and no encounter modes.
・Autosave
・High-definition movies and character models.
My life would end. I have the OST to that game especially Rabanastre locked in my head and i love it. Many happy hours were spent in that game and if they can change that bloody stupid don't open the boxes caper they had going then i'll be even happier.

Yeah the game has its faults but I love the world and (most of) the characters. Would really like to go back to it.

I've just got one big gripe: the fucking gigolo missions are... quite inappropriate?
Basically to obtain new weapons, you have to get laid. To get laid, you have to ogle a girl (the sexier place the better) to build up a guts bar, to give her a present. After a few presents you basically get laid and she gives you a weapon to thank you. If she notice that you are staring her boobs too much, she slaps you and the minigame is over.
To know what's the present she wants, you can wear some sort of x-ray glasses, allowing you to see her in her underwear.

I mean. It's not like I'm a prude or something. And I have to admit, the undressing cutscene with the kimono girl made me laugh for its ridiculousness.
But it stinks so so so much of useless fanservice smell, that I just can't think it's some kind of ironic thing. It doesn't even make sense in the context of the game and its plot, it's just there to allow you to see some celshaded bras. Meh?
There was a lot of talk about this when the game came out. I can see why people think it's inappropriate but to me it was just another one of those Suda things.

Jawmuncher

The gigolo missions aren't even required outside of I think one of them? However you get the drill arm I recall. The rest are not needed, I know because I never did them.

the OR is soo expensive but I agree with the gamespy twitter, OR isn't for the mainstream, its going to be very niche since not only is it expensive, but you'll also need a beefy computer to actually use it in the first place.

oh wow it comes out this month!? i thought it would be later, thats awesome. its my favorite ff game.

Tizoc

Durante pls
Work your magic on FF9
Give us HD textures and free this game from it's 4:3 prison
DURANTE PLS
The gigolo missions aren't even required outside of I think one of them? However you get the drill arm I recall. The rest are not needed, I know because I never did them.

Nah you need to do a few of them to get all arm weapons.

Lomax

Oh yeah, definitely. My comment there was mainly focused on the people who post on GAF: the enthusiast crowd more keen to upgrade to the latest and greatest than the regular consumer.

Oh I agree in terms of enthusiast crowd. $600 is fine there. And time will tell if VR can go beyond being just an enthusiast product. But this idea that it is just a given that once people experience it, everyone will run out and get it is silly. Price points do matter a lot and the enthusiast crowd isn't enough to maintain the market on its own alone long term.

Jawmuncher

Durante pls
Work your magic on FF9
Give us HD textures and free this game from it's 4:3 prison
DURANTE PLS

Nah you need to do a few of them to get all arm weapons.

That's not required to beat the game though.
Only arm weapon that halts progress is the drill arm.

Accoun

I guess?
Lots of FMVs in this one

Does this mean that after all the publishers and games with lost sources, they at least had the original 3d package files for movies and were able to render them anew? Would be positively surprised if true, but wouldn't be surprised if that was just some upscale/filtering trickery.

Copons

There was a lot of talk about this when the game came out. I can see why people think it's inappropriate but to me it was just another one of those Suda things.

Well, indeed.
Maybe the fact that there are other sort-of sexually tense scenes or framings in the game, approached in a quite tasteful way, makes them much more jarring.

You need to do them 3 times to get all 3 arm upgrades (the drill is basically required for the - yup - sexy nurse sidequests, and the charged beam one is the most powerful weapon in the game). After then, you just do them to get useless items and/or to avoid the girls to call you all the time during the story missions.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark ARISEN B -- MB-804DC754B54FB3B2 - Taken by Khrae. 514 entrants total.
To scorch wolves, see them squirm before you, and hear the lamentation of your pawns!
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen A -- MB-B80BE0B4036D0382 - Taken by Nyoro SF. 530 entrants total.
What is best in life Arisen?!

t1452106071z1.png

Pachimari

So if I start up a game through a launcher, how can I find out, where the game's .exe is located? I only see the .exe of the launcher itself.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
AC:C:India looks rather nice i think

I liked the first one (China) pretty well although some of the stealth stuff was pretty hit and miss. I'm looking forward to India as well but I'll probably have to pick it up when it's on sale seeing as there are like a billion other better things to play right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom