• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Good chance Street Fighter II is coming to other platforms

https://twitter.com/Siliconera/status/823287766922297344

Street Fighter 2 was the fighting game I grew up with. I'd love to simply mod out the artstyle and simply plop in the Snes artstyle and music. But either way, I'd be in for the convenience of not having to emulate or dig out my snes

Only if it sells extremely well?
Not bloody likely then.

I know I wanna pay 40-50 bucks for street fighter 2!
/s

Of course this is the important bit. Not likely. For £5 or even £10, I'd pick it up on an impulse buy

tmarg

Street Fighter 2 was the fighting game I grew up with. I'd love to simply mod out the artstyle and simply plop in the Snes artstyle and music. But either way, I'd be in for the convenience of not having to emulate or dig out my snes

Of course this is the important bit. Not likely. For £5 or even £10, I'd pick it up on an impulse buy

Apparently you can swap back to the original art.

I'd be more interested in an SF3 port to Switch or Steam tbh

Just keep the graphical fidelity like it is and I'll buy it and a Switch or something.

I'm probably the worst SF3 player ever. Like I'm super dumb.

You would have someone sit down with me and show how you use the controls and have me do it too.

Uzzy

I'd take a version of SFII on Steam, sure. Not at £40 though.

But a bundle of SFI, SFII, Third Strike and the Alpha Series? Hell yeah. I'd put down some serious cash for that.

gelf

I wish they'd bring to Steam the other classic fighters they ported to consoles last gen. Darkstalkers, Third Strike, Marvel Origins.

Would be nice to have what is essentially HD remix finally though, if PC is even one of the considered platforms.

If it is true that Q is one the characters that will be revealed for Street Fighter V season 2
then whatever direction they write the character will be inevitably disappointing imo

Bring back Necro motherfuckers

def sim

I played quite a bit of HD Remix since an alternate version of super turbo piqued my interest. I'm not curious enough to pay ~$50 for another one, though.

Aaron D.

header.jpg

Slooowly making my way though my first* VN, Steins; Gate and I'm dutifully impressed. I guess I brought a lot of pre-conceived anime tropes prejudice to the table. But some 9 or 10 hours in, I'm left entirely charmed with the production.

I've already got my sights on my next genre purchase. Zero Escape? Danganronpa? Fata Morgana? So many options. Pretty excited with the possibilities.

Lain

It's gonna make it, don't worry. I've been thinking about pledging since it was launched.
Speaking of crowdfunding, Keen really missed the mark with the indiegogo campaign. Only one update and it was about the flexible funding.
If it wasn't flexible I'd have pledged, but flexible is an instant nono to me.
I wonder if without flexible it would have gotten more than $796 out of 20k, or if going to KS instead would have helped more.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I've already got my sights on my next genre purchase. Zero Escape? Danganronpa? Fata Morgana? So many options. Pretty excited with the possibilities.

For Zero Escape, wait until the first two (better!) games release before you jump in. Also, warning, despite being very good games, they suffer from acres and acres of anime bullshit.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
header.jpg

Slooowly making my way though my first* VN, Steins; Gate and I'm dutifully impressed. I guess I brought a lot of pre-conceived anime tropes prejudice to the table. But some 9 or 10 hours in, I'm left entirely charmed with the production.

You must play Fata Morgana. Excellent VN if you ask me and no anime bs

I require five brave souls to test out my new acheev fix and see if it is working.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HP_Wuvcraft, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

army of tentacles -- MB-B6C71D637142F010
army of tentacles #2 -- MB-9CB839E1716EC6B1
army of tentacles #3 -- MB-B5F7A011650995CB
army of tentacles #4 -- MB-48C210EB074874CC
army of tentacles #5 -- MB-F9C95E38DA575390

AHA-Lambda

header.jpg

Personal experience of VNs so far, I highly recommend both Danganronpa and Umineko

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Fuck you piece of shit last boss, and cunt last zone, stupid game I hate you...

... super excited to start 13-2, not even joking lol :D

Ascheroth

header.jpg

The correct answer is Fata Morgana.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Best mechanics and music of the trilogy. Story is all over the place though. And is has Serah.

I was about to ask who comes back. Is Serah a playable character this time around then? Does anyone else come bck since its a direct sequel?

I imagine Lightning isnt in it since, well...the third is called Lightning Returns lol.

Oh and best thing about finishing XIII? My precious 58gigs of disk space ;_;

edit: wait Lightning is all over the pics in the store page, I guess she IS in it

I was about to ask who comes back. Is Serah a playable character this time around then? Does anyone else come bck since its a direct sequel?

I imagine Lightning isnt in it since, well...the third is called Lightning Returns lol.

Oh and best thing about finishing XIII? My precious 58gigs of disk space ;_;

edit: wait Lightning is all over the pics in the store page, I guess she IS in it

The game has two Lightnings actually.

Your mains are Serah and some unknown weeb. You third comes from a pool of recruitable characters.

MRORANGE

Just a heads up.

wwskvLg.png

Pm me a recommendation, make sure you request first as someone else might have reserved it.
Pm me a recommendation, make sure you request first as someone else might have reserved it.

There are some good games next month.... I think.

header.jpg

Danganronpa was my first experience with VNs and made me a fan of the genre, both the original and sequel are great and the 3rd is slated to be released later this year on PS4/Vita (recently released in Japan), so it would be a good time to get into those if you have a way to play 3, but the first 2 as stand-alones are fantastic. It's a VN mixed with a murder mystery game and one of the best OSTs I've heard.

Steins;Gate was even better however and I'm currently playing through it's sequel, Steins;Gate 0 on PS4. I thought S;G had a slow-ish start but where you're at, 9-10 hours, is when I thought the story really started to pick up and had me hooked until the end(s).

hmm... err...

If you are a min/maxer there are leveling guides out there which show you the order to level classes. You don't really need to though. The only really hard fights at the end are the Arena fights.

You don't have to worry about missing stuff as you can replay sections to do different things. Except for the Archylte Steppe.

Rhaknar

If you are a min/maxer there are leveling guides out there which show you the order to level classes. You don't really need to though. The only really hard fights at the end are the Arena fights.

You don't have to worry about missing stuff as you can replay sections to do different things. Except for the Archylte Steppe.

Not a mid maxer at all

drakaenae

ModBot said:
Instructions for drakaenae:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (drakaenae, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Among the Heavens -- taken
Autumn -- taken
Merchants of Kaidan -- taken
The Adventures of Tree -- taken
The Next Door -- MB-A61C0616C3FAE1BA - Taken by Dusk Golem
Ubinota -- MB-4AFEC020211DD42B - Taken by Father_Brain
Wrath of Anna -- taken
Yellow The Yellow Artifact -- taken

Rhaknar

Congratulations Uncredited Male on stepping up as the resident 13-2 expert for me to bug during my playthrough.

I just hope and pray the Atelier games on steam will be good ports, the last time I played a Tecmo Koei game the performance was horrendous. Tecmo Koei if you somehow read this, make them good ports and I will buy them for 60 euro.

Rhaknar

Let me know if you have trouble getting the Fang + Vanille kiss ending.

...whats this now? :eek:

I assume you're joking but as I was finishing 13 earlier I was thinking "ok so they are definitely supposed to be a couple right?" and wishing SE had the balls to be more open about it.

If you're NOT joking, then I guess they grew some balls since 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom