• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
WTF is up with so many saying you need to update a PC every few years? You can upgrade it at the same time as a new console release or even later.

WTF is up with so many saying you need to update a PC every few years? You can upgrade it at the same time as a new console release or even later.

A lot of people dont know and I am quite certain a lot of people in those threads are also lying.

In those threads you always have those people with a Sackboy, Uncharted, w/e sony related avatar that all of a sudden talk how they built a PC for like 3000$ last year and no game ran well, they had bluescreens every 15 minutes or such stuff...

pislit

havent played cs:go for months now and jesus christ what happened to the marketplace why is everything much cheaper now i once sold an item for 30 $ now everything is cents!!!!! wtttfffff

zkylon

zkylewd
persona 4 is pretty good, but i just don't feel it the way i did 3

i really wish i had set it up on expert, at least

Important news for all the VN gamers on Steam:

NIS America has opened applications to beta test the Steam PC version of Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness

You can apply here: https://docs.google.com/a/gematsu.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdlfvTFTmCvIeTmy6wetzw9iajZDKuN8X2j6PAC61zx--s3Dw/viewform?c=0&w=1

NrACQk1.jpg
psycho pass is so far beyond redemption after that terrible season 2 and movie that not all the vns in the world will save it lol

set the dominator to lethal and kill it already

Tizoc

For laptop owners it is different of course :p
Being a laptop owner i hope to not end up damaging the lappy i already have
I know a 970m may not be effective for some game a few yewrs from now but until the i have a good follection of games to play thru before i ever need to upgrade

Went a little off topic there but i still agree with ur point

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I remember selling a TF2 hat for $100 once, that was a pretty weird thing. Don't think I could ever understand that mentality.

gelf

I think there is an issue with minimum recommended system specs of console ports creeping up over a generation often for no apparent reason so it can appear that way at the very least. Now having a system that's only about console quality myself I've found I've largely been fine but it feels more like I'm taking a risk buying a multiplat then it did at the start of the gen because minimum specs have gone up regardless and it looks more like my system is borderline outdated.

In practice in I find minimum specs to grossly inflated in most cases. But having to go by my gut feeling because I can't trust them isn't ideal.

I gotta admit though, for VN's I feel handhelds are the best. I'm enjoying Steins Gate a lot more now that I'm playing it on the Vita.
I can just pick it up when I'm in bed or whatever like I'd do with a book (or a tablet).

I was just wondering the same, people already know how those threads turn out, not sure what motivates them or what they're expecting.

I'd love those kinda of threads as an acclimation period to having more PC discussion on the gaming side but they don't really serve that purpose at all. Instead they turn into punching bags of either side - either PC gamers smacking down a few console gamers and laughing uproariously, or the console gamers belittling PC and it just turns into a bunch of fanboy babble.

I wish I found silly fanboy logic funny. Maybe GAF isn't the place for me anymore.

Ascheroth

I'd love those kinda of threads as an acclimation period to having more PC discussion on the gaming side but they don't really serve that purpose at all. Instead they turn into punching bags of either side - either PC gamers smacking down a few console gamers and laughing uproariously, or the console gamers belittling PC and it just turns into a bunch of fanboy babble.

I wish I found silly fanboy logic funny. Maybe GAF isn't the place for me anymore.
That's why you should just stay on Community side.

Deques

Started to play Final Fantasy V again after taking two months break. Found out that controller config is somewhat broken. Only half the buttons would work. I disabled Steams Controller support and the controller now works properly. sigh...

Nzyme32

Only just tried using a source port mod for Quake, which I somehow never bothered with before (do it all the time with Doom), and it's pretty amazing what you can do.

Also I have wiped my computer of most games in favour of focusing on Planescape Torment and Witcher 2. I really want to get Witcher 3, but I'm not even close to finishing 2.

This elevator sequence in the first Evil Within dlc is so stressful. If you get seen at all you seem fucked because Julie can only run for 2 whole seconds before she has to stop and catch her breath.

Tizoc

I really really hope Tekken 7 is good. Ichin for a fighting game but Mortal Kombat isn't really for me.
Tekken 7 has been out for years and u can find vRious tourney footage on youtube
It is the usual tekken fun so grab it for hours of multiplayet :)

I thought it changed some gameplay mechanics and stuff too

It's a total conversion. Adds Robo-men, adds a third faction, you can genetically modify your troops, some new enemies and other stuff. Unless you want the pure original version there's not much point playing the original release.

Randomly the Evil Within stopped forcing my graphics card to work, even if I changed it to always max in the nvidia settings, dropping my framerate from the 70s to the low 20s lol

Nzyme32

I thought it changed some gameplay mechanics and stuff too

It does add a few new mechanics and concepts but ultimately it is something on top of the original campaign.

However - keep in mind that the "ending" that forms the basis for Xcom 2, is actually a specific failure state that occurs in Enemy Within, not the original campaign. It isn't important, not is it worth playing in such a way specifically to find it. You could finish the standard campaign and then youtube that ending, but Xcom 2 will show a brief flashback to it anyway

Time for SEGA to swoop in and drop VF5FS on Steam on or before June 1st.

I love Tekken, but VF is my number 1, lol.

Same here. I prefer Virtua Fighter over Tekken. It's a shame it wasn't as popular in more recent times. Would love for the game to appear in PC and current consoles.

Ascheroth

Damn, I just unlocked Blood Rage in God Eater 2.
That moment when you trigger it for the first time and go all super saiyan with a new soundtrack kicking in. :O

gelf

You got doa 5 for one thing
DOA is the most VF like fighting game but it still isn't close enough. Doesn't even have my main Aoi for some reason despite being an obvious one to cross over.

I've given up on Virtua Fighter on PC sadly, the time to bring it over and get the most attention has past.

Wonder how many saying that bought a PS4 Pro at launch. You need to upgrade your console more often than you do your PC nowadays.

Nabs

24 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Bother With PC Gaming in 2017.

Seriously, why even bother with these PC threads in gaming.

yuraya

So what is SteamGAF's prediction for RE7 metacritic? I would guess 85 with all the early impressions.

RE6 was 67 (360) and 74 (PS3).

Mivey

24 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Bother With PC Gaming in 2017.

Seriously, why even bother with these PC threads in gaming.
With the PS4 Pro taking its graphical crown, there really is no place for PC gaming left. As with Steams numbers, it's all just grandparents leaving their high-end PCs, wich they got as a Christmas present (because what else would you gift them?), running all the time, without actually playing anything.

bbd23

10 hour trial of the new mass effect sounds freakin awesome.

and second dark souls 3 DLC finally has a date. wonder if I can find the season pass for cheap somewhere

PaulSane

With the PS4 Pro taking its graphical crown, there really is no place for PC gaming left. As with Steams numbers, it's all just grandparents leaving their high-end PCs, wich they got as a Christmas present (because what else would you gift them?), running all the time, without actually playing anything.

That's not very far from truth though :p I've idled games for 5 hours straight today, and started actually playing just now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom