• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Doesn't look like anything to me.

Now, in seriousness: the key came with a "no-pre-release-reviews" clause, and I've reached out to ask whether this includes only formal reviews or posting about it at all. Last night I couldn't contain my glee at the pure joy of seeing the game with that IQ (rather unprofessional of me, but I've never claimed to be anything other than a huge Atelier fanboy -- and it wasn't a formal NDA or anything, just one sentence) and posted this screenshot, and I hope no one will be too miffed at that, but I'll refrain from giving out more detailed information until I hear back.

Well, here I can merely speculate, given that I have neither a Firis nor an Azure key. I can do that - personally, I'd expect them to have roughly the same features as the Sophie port, I can't see Gust or K-T going out of their way to do things differently there.
That's ok durante
We eagely anticipate your pcgamer article and official review once nda lift

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

Mivey

Are the Baldurs Gate Remaster more often in a sale for under 10$?
There was a limited amount sale (whatever it was called) on GOG in March of 2016, that included the Enhanced Editions of BG1,BG2 and Icewind Dale for 13.47. So I would recommend a time machine.

Ascheroth

Oh god, that person in the Atelier thread who tries to convince people drawing maps in DRPGs only works on DS/3DS, and would be terrible on PC. The horror, the horror....
Minimap in the upper right corner without edit-capabilites, button press enlarges the map and lets you drag and draw, press button again to minimize it again. Doesn't seem that difficult to me.
Lol at the argument that "Playing it on full screen with the map in the corner will mean you won't be able to play with the main screen covering the entire screen".
I dunno how we can survive those pesky minimaps in every action-adventure/RPG game.

Ascheroth

Btw Durante: Maybe you can send Koei some better screenshots for the store page, because the ones they have there right now aren't exactly a good first impression, IQ-wise.

Ludens

Banned
Well, completed RE7. I liked it, but if this game was called "Hanging out in Louisiana" would be the same, the connections to RE saga are so thin they are almost non existent. I mean, the fact there a free dlc coming it's indicative Capcom needs to connect this entry properly to the rest of the franchise.

Also I don't know, after spending 6 hours and 20 minutes playing the game on Easy and getting all collectibles, I feel playind Mad House is not too great, expecially considering you need to find all antique coins again. Too many cutscenes, too many scripted sequences...dunno.

Jawmuncher

Well, completed RE7. I liked it, but if this game was called "Hanging out in Louisiana" would be the same, the connections to RE saga are so thin they are almost non existent. I mean, the fact there a free dlc coming it's indicative Capcom needs to connect this entry properly to the rest of the franchise.

Also I don't know, after spending 6 hours and 20 minutes playing the game on Easy and getting all collectibles, I feel playind Mad House is not too great, expecially considering you need to find all antique coins again. Too many cutscenes, too many scripted sequences...dunno.

Yeah the scripted stuff has me uninterested in playing the game again any time soon. That and my dislike for the story in the later half.

Ludens

Banned
Yeah the scripted stuff has me uninterested in playing the game again any time soon. That and my dislike for the story in the later half.

Same, I simply disliked the
Eveline's reveal. I mean, the classic "evil little demonic girl with superpowers" trope into Resident Evil? Bah. Also as I wrote there's a serious lack of enemies in this game, you fight the Bakers and the Molded ones, nothing else. I mean, from a plot's point of view it does make sense, since Eveline was behind the whole affair and she was the source of the Molded dudes, but from a gameplay's point of view, it makes the game boring. I really liked the first part of the game, later on the game turns into a repetitive experience, even if it's six hours long, it drags too much, but doing an even shorter game would be embarassing for Capcom.

As I wrote, this is a good spin-off for RE, but I really see no reason this is the next, numbered RE game honestly.

The game is also incomplete:
what happened to Lucas? And Zoe? Why Mia is alive in the end when the game shows you she was infected again when she saves Ethan in the ship? What was the thing she needed to do for Eveline? So many plot holes, and dlcs are not the answer I want to hear.

Ludens

Banned
Well, I think a little promotion for something really promising doesn't hurt: a friend of mine who is part of an italian videogame studio is developing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3-GIqZPPck

There's also the collaboration of the designer of Code Veronica monsters, and the gameplay feels like RE4 (they were developing that RE2 remake, so I think they utilized a lot of things we saw in the gameplay's trailers released back in days before the project was shutted down with the announcement of the official RE2make).

A kickstarter should lunch soon.

rtcn63

Madhouse both helps you appreciate the strengths as well as magnifying the flaws of RE7, same with Evil Within on Nightmare. Minor skirmishes the first time around become major roadblocks, requiring a slightly higher level of thought and skill than was needed in the entirety of the standard difficulty. And bullshit becomes FUCKING BULLSHIT ARE YOU SERIOUS.

But I probably wouldn't do it again without using unlocked items/abilities.

Dipper145

Is there a way to customize the steam store pages to automatically remove all the creepy visual novels/games that have been tagged with anime + nudity or sexual content from being displayed?

(people can get off to whatever they want, I don't care, I just don't really want to see it on my store pages anymore)

Anno

Is there a way to customize the steam store pages to automatically remove all the creepy visual novels/games that have been tagged with anime + nudity or sexual content from being displayed?

(people can get off to whatever they want, I don't care, I just don't really want to see it on my store pages anymore)

You can filter out specific tags in your account preferences. It may not completely remove them? I forget. But it'll definitely make them less prevalent.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

That's a shame that they're basically going scorched earth on the game, it was pretty fun at times. Steam says I have 70 hours in it and I think I used some DLC something from a humble bundle, so I guess I got my moneys worth.

epmode

Ever since I enabled the Steam beta to get access to Steam Controller support for my Xbox One Elite controller (USB), I've been running into an issue:

Basically, the right stick won't work with any XInput game until I open the Steam controller config for that specific game and back out of it. I don't even have to make any changes.

Is this happening to anyone else?

KainXVIII

Happy b-day to me!
Obligatory
PBF032-Todays_My_Birthday.gif

PS - i will try Dark Souls 3 drunk run today lol

r3n4ud

Ever since I enabled the Steam beta to get access to Steam Controller support for my Xbox One Elite controller (USB), I've been running into an issue:

Basically, the right stick won't work with any XInput game until I open the Steam controller config for that specific game and back out of it. I don't even have to make any changes.

Yep. Happening to a few of us :(

Hope it gets fixed soon.

The developer of Danmaku Unlimited 3 has an approval pending for his account. Is their a way for him to get the process expedited?
Sure. By giving every member of SteamGaf a key.

Happy b-day to me!
Obligatory
PBF032-Todays_My_Birthday.gif

PS - i will try Dark Souls 3 drunk run today lol

Happy birfday duder

duppolo

i really would like to buy an android portable steam machine...i could spend 500 euro dor that if it has android, steam and steam streaming

Parsnip

Yup. It's not a huge deal but yeah. I hope they fix that.

duppolo

Why not just buy one of these portable Windows 10 devices and be actualy be able to play more then 7 games?

i dont know them but i would like to use android app (fot exeples: netflix and clash royale) and steam games, some installed (indie games) and some in streaming as a steam link

Just finished Dragonfall. What a great game.
Does Hong Kong's story connect with Dragonfall in any way?

It was weird meeting that dude on the sub at the end and then the game just ends regardless of what you choose to do.

Annubis

Just finished Dragonfall. What a great game.
Does Hong Kong's story connect with Dragonfall in any way?

It was weird meeting that dude on the sub at the end and then the game just ends regardless of what you choose to do.

Completely different stories with no link other than being the same world.

Them damn dragons played you like a fiddle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom