• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.
s524YR3.gif

giphy.gif

Knurek

Okay, it's official.
I'm too much of a wuss to play Soma. Even with the Wuss Mode mod.
I need to wrap up the game ASAP, it's been wrecking my sleep patters for the past few days.

rtcn63

Seeing complaints about the high difficulty with regards to RE7 is disheartening. It's even easier than The Evil Within on normal difficulty on your first run (although potentially harder than it on Madhouse). The game is flawed, but
consumables should not be an issue by end-game
. And I played both difficulties with a gamepad and aim assist off.

dex3108

I really want to play Dishonored 2 but at the same time i am trying to follow SteamGAF rule: "Never pay more than 20$ for video game". :( It is really hard.

Lain

The developer of Danmaku Unlimited 3 has an approval pending for his account. Is their a way for him to get the process expedited?

(You) Contacting a mod to talk it out is the best way I think, otherwise the dev could try emailing the neogaf support? Not sure.

Also (not mentioned in the post), Italian translation and live orchestra used for music were both nixed.

(But yeah, RPG Codex, so take it with a grain of salt).

Good thing I didn't back this.

Durante

- One is about companions. Their response was that they ended up making fewer companions but giving them more to do.
Well, I remember the crowdfunding campaign quite well, and they were always explicit about things like how many companions there would be included at each specific stretch goal level.

Putting aside whether that was smart or not, I think now making up an alternative history where they never promised these specifics is unfair towards companies who work incredibly hard to integrate everything promised even if it was unwise (e.g. Obsidian), who are good and conservative at designing their stretch goals and content additions (e.g. Harebrained in their returns to KS), or who publicly, months before release, own up to and apologize for not being able to make one stretch goal (e.g. Larian).

Being silent about such rather major changes of documented and explicitly funded plans in a crowdfunded game until explicitly questioned is not something which should be defended, as far as I'm concerned.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Whew Ive clocked in 23 hours in such short amount of time in Berseria. Gonna try taking a bit slower now. Game is highly addictive. The card game is legit. Gwent who?

TheTrain

Well, I remember the crowdfunding campaign quite well, and they were always explicit about things like how many companions there would be included at each specific stretch goal level.

Putting aside whether that was smart or not, I think now making up an alternative history where they never promised these specifics is unfair towards companies who work incredibly hard to integrate everything promised even if it was unwise (e.g. Obsidian), who are good and conservative at designing their stretch goals and content additions (e.g. Harebrained in their returns to KS), or who publicly, months before release, own up to and apologize for not being able to make one stretch goal (e.g. Larian).

Being silent about such rather major changes of documented and explicitly funded plans in a crowdfunded game until explicitly questioned is not something which should be defended, as far as I'm concerned.

They've also announced the release on PS4/XOne a couple of months ago, correct me if i'm wrong, despite doing a Kickstarter with only a PC version announced and then postponed.

Tizoc

wtf
I thought ICEY would be on sale for another day/24 hours but seems the discount ended :/

Ah well maybe it'll pop up in a future Monthly Bundle~

BTW anyone got clarification on the $5 credit for Monthly BUndle?

Nzyme32

Also (not mentioned in the post), Italian translation and live orchestra used for music were both nixed.

(But yeah, RPG Codex, so take it with a grain of salt).

I would actually be a bit annoyed if it's true that they have cut the orchestra out. I was looking forward to the soundtrack specifically for the fact it would have a live orchestra. That's a damn shame. Been loving many of the games that have great scores with a live orchestra

Mivey

The original Planescape Torment had quite a few cut things as well. Especially the Deionarra storyline, which you can only really finish with the Unfinished Business mod. There is also a dungeon that is kind of empty that was supposed to have more importance and other stuff.
Of course, if they actually abandoned Stretch Goals, they should be more forthcoming with the information. Transparency is hard, but would also bring them good will in the long run, which is hard currency for a company building on crowd funding.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Evoland 2 continues to be fantastic, and I continue to be flabbergasted at that fact, I dont know why :(

Back to the Future
dialogue homage was cute.

Off to find the
5 fragments then
, game is big man.

Who was it that finished it recently?

rtcn63

I replayed most of Bioshock Infinite while waiting for RE7. It maintains a better challenge than the previous games on the hard difficulty (until you get Charge + upgrades), but it goes on for way, way too long. I don't want to check every damn thing in the scenery but I have too.

The two-weapon limit and both weapon and vigor upgrades using straight cash were probably in response to the almost zero difficulty in Bioshock 2. Still, they could've just let you hold 3-4 weapons, especially considering that there aren't variant ammo types. (Which turned practically each weapon in the previous games into three). And yes, the guns are boring. The Vox weapons themselves aren't really worth a damn.

rahji

It's so weird for me now, since my runs of the original game at least are so streamlined that I can finish up my runs on a weekend day (a long session), and I am by no means a speedrunner.

27 hours in and now at drangleic castle. I always thought of myself that I am a bit experienced by playing demon's souls and dark souls. But I am just as slow as every new player.

barber

Secret World Ultimate Edition is 80% off for 24hrs on Bundlestars, the lowest its ever been I believe.

do keep in mind that its not very "ultimate" because it containts issues 1-11 and there have since been issues 12,13 and 14 released (they call their DLC "issues"), and they are quite pricey at 22.99 each, and I dont remember them going on sale much.

I have always been looking to get it but i am unsure how the dlc format works... anyone with it care to explain it? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom