• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

You're going to be disappointed when Leon has no suplexes in RE2make. At best he'll probably have a kick attack and knife takedown.

I just can't wait to play as Claire with a fixed face. RPD Leon is really cool too, I hope we get to start the game off by investigating the gas station where he arrives in his car.

First capcom takes my Dino Crisis, Then they take my action RE. I dunno what I have left from them at this point.

idk, i feel like the massive chalice style thing is the best

all money goes to the game, and if there's time to add unplanned stuff and surprises then great

i dislike how kickstarter campaigns are treated like marketing campaigns, and i very much dislike how inxile does them with like 145% MORE REACTIVITY!! and stuff

How did the devs go about it with Massive Chalice? I'm unfamiliar with that game.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm following the apocalypse now kickstarter a bit more, they seem to be doing updates quite regularly but i just feel this one is not gonna make it

i'm surprised at the lack of momentum this game got, based on the movie, the concept, josh sawyer being attached and the things they're saying, but you can't really deny that there not being a real studio behind this makes it all sound pretty untrustworthy.

they've uploaded a demo or something but it doesn't show any gameplay and it's more like a mood piece than anything else, which is pretty cool but it doesn't really tell you anything

it's a pity, it feels like their heart's in the right place but they really screwed up the execution, and you only get one first impression

How did the devs go about it with Massive Chalice? I'm unfamiliar with that game.
nothing special, they just said all extra money just goes to increasing scope and making the game better

they made some more 1.3m and asked 700k, so they still made almost twice as much money based on the double fine name and how cool the game concept was, but it wasn't the incredible success other stories were (like 10 times more like broken age)

and in the end they delivered a game that had a couple extra features like multiclassing, but that's it, they delivered the game they promised, nothing more nothing less (and i liked the game quite a bit, even if it had pretty big design issues)

Well Sherry Birkin sure did grow up cute. That she can dispatch hordes of zombies and do back flips off their heads is maybe the most Resident Evil thing ever.

As a huge fan of the franchise I thought it was really cool bringing her back all these years later to kick some ass. Kinda brings things full circle you know.
It's a shame the game itself is a bit of a mess but we'll always have the mercenaries mode to enjoy that superb gameplay to our heart's content.

jediyoshi

they'll mod RE6 with dinosaurs soon

This post reminded me to do my yearly check up with RE6 modding and

E2D50BD4C2A8064952F06C1BE9438282BDCFFFA5

wew

rtcn63

Well Sherry Birkin sure did grow up cute. That she can dispatch hordes of zombies and do back flips off their heads is maybe the most Resident Evil thing ever.

The beginning of RE4 should've had the words "THE PRESIDENTS DAUGHTER IS 20 YEARS OLD" flashing at the start. To avoid that awkwardness we all experienced.

Grief.exe

For those that have done water cooling, what's the best way to put a 90 degree bend in the middle of a line?

I'm looking at these elbow joints that are just barbs on both ends, but they seem kind of janky.

Nzyme32

For fucks sake. Both amazing and terrible decision to just start Xcom 2 in Ironman mode from the start. Everything was going well until part of the dlc / added content kicked in its final monster. I went from failing nothing and losing 4 soliders (all from the same batch of enemies from that dlc stuff) to this one monster making me fail 3 missions and 12 troops. Now the game is a massive effort of trying to keep everything together and rebuild as everything continues to escalate. It's amazing and massively angering as I try to work out how to challenge this tit. Luckily for each mission I have yet to outright lose everyone, and there has been a super clutch escape to try and leave the mission and at least fail with as low losses as possible. Still... god damn!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of crimsonheadGCN, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Minion Masters -- MB-B517658CE10F93D3 - Taken by NeoRaider. 1 entrants total.

t1485658191z1.png

gdt

Semi related....

What's the best way to play Planescape: Torment these days? Is there a guide somewhere for mods and such?

Shengar

Game always changed during development. When developers promised Idea A, then halfway it's more likely they will got an improvement and turned it into Idea A 2.0. Or perhaps as they do some editing and playtesting they've just realized that the promised Idea B and C are better when combined into one Idea BC. So does some ideas that looks promising but as development progresses, the idea doesn't seems to find the right place within the game unless you done some massive changes or compromise. Sucks about the companion, but there are just the times where you write interesting characters that doesn't fit the story you currently make. Hopefully that said companion will find its way somehow, either to the game via expansion or perhaps different game altogether.

That being said, I need to finish Lost Planet 3 and Wolfenstein New Order. Free some spaces, buy Berseria and Yakuza later.

Nzyme32

Semi related....

What's the best way to play Planescape: Torment these days? Is there a guide somewhere for mods and such?

I meant mods and stuff like that.

https://www.gog.com/news/mod_spotlight_planescape_torment_mods_guide

You may want to check out the comments for updated links.

Yep. You'll find some of the files are no longer hosted correctly. They also seem to have cut out some links from the original forum posts. Anyway, you should be able to Google each one and find them easily and then follow the guide. It looks far more complicated that it is. Did it just last week and took about 10 minutes in all just because of the why the installer slowly guides through which you want and don't want to install.

Also once you are done, you will run into one problem on Windows 10 (that wasn't there when I tried this on win7), the screen will every so often blink to show any open desktop window for a few milliseconds. This is a weird issue with how GOG have done the direct draw emulation. It's easiest to minimise the game, then minimise any open windows and return to the game and you'll be perfect. If by chance you have a slide show background, you should probably turn that off as it will have the same issue.

Uc1 is terrible
Repetitive and uninspired
To me UC1 was bad but bearable enough to finish, UC2 was great, UC3 was Good slowly bordering on average at times, and UC4 was just so boring that it made it bad for me and couldn't wait for it to be over. Beautiful game artistically and technically though.

I'd rank the Uncharted series 2 >> 3 > Rise of the Tomb Raider >>> TR2013 >>> 1 >>> bad rats > that shitty Vita spinoff game where you had to rub coal on your face

I haven't played 4

Ada is mentally unstable, don't try and rationalize her decisions.

So I finally got MacCready to pop his perk cherry in Fallout 4. As is the world, he now goes to Sanctuary with the rest of the max affinity companions. But when I go there he is making it awkward; like lost puppy awkward. I feel a pillory coming on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom