• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Action RE is the only time RE is truly great

Nah.

At this point, the only thing(s) I want are a Code Veronica X (MT Frameworks, pref.) port to Steam and Bio3 HD.

After that, Capcom and the series can pretty much die in my mind. Revelations 1 was supposed to be a "return to form" and that didn't wow me. 6 was a complete and colossal turd.

I bought Revelations 2, but haven't gotten around to it because of 1 and 6. 7's demo didn't inspire much confidence in me. The series clearly isn't for old-school adventure-speed-runner-horror fans anymore like me.

Jawmuncher

Nah.

At this point, the only thing(s) I want are a Code Veronica X (MT Frameworks, pref.) port to Steam and Bio3 HD.

After that, Capcom and the series can pretty much die in my mind. Revelations 1 was supposed to be a "return to form" and that didn't wow me. 6 was a complete and colossal turd.

I bought Revelations 2, but haven't gotten around to it because of 1 and 6. 7's demo didn't inspire much confidence in me. The series clearly isn't for old-school adventure-speed-runner-horror fans anymore like me.

You would probably be happy with RE7. It's nothing like the demo.

Only action fans like me have nothing now.,

Teggy

Who is ada? What game? Pics?

Ada Wong. Resident Evil 6. How lewd!.

Wait a minute, I'm reading that Ada's campaign originally wasn't available until finishing the other 3 campaigns? When did that change? Should I wait before playing it? I think I am right at the end of her chapter 1.

Jawmuncher

Wait a minute, I'm reading that Ada's campaign originally wasn't available until finishing the other 3 campaigns? When did that change? Should I wait before playing it? I think I am right at the end of her chapter 1.

Nah you can play it. Though really I would suggest

Leon 1, Chris 1, Jake 1, Ada 1 and just keep following that format

rtcn63

Remaster/re-release I think. Her campaign is meant to be played last, and actually closes off a major plot point in the story...

zkylon

zkylewd
i only played uncharted 1 and 2, and i actually liked 1 better, tho i know i'm the odd one here

i think uncharted 1 came at a time where visually it was doing some crazy impressive stuff (i remember being blown away by how nathan's clothes could get partially wet), and i thought the combat was fun and challenging and the story was fun, all of that

when 2 released i wasn't that into the idea of the autoplatforming and i wasn't as forgiving when they brought monsters back for a second time and while it was still visually impressive with probably the craziest set pieces i've ever seen, it just didn't do it for me anymore

anywho, it's a bummer that re7 sounds like it's following the spirits of the first ones since those are the only ones i like. sadly horror setting + spiders is not a formula that i can deal with

Jawmuncher

i only played uncharted 1 and 2, and i actually liked 1 better, tho i know i'm the odd one here

i think uncharted 1 came at a time where visually it was doing some crazy impressive stuff (i remember being blown away by how nathan's clothes could get partially wet), and i thought the combat was fun and challenging and the story was fun, all of that

when 2 released i wasn't that into the idea of the autoplatforming and i wasn't as forgiving when they brought monsters back for a second time and while it was still visually impressive with probably the craziest set pieces i've ever seen, it just didn't do it for me anymore

anywho, it's a bummer that re7 sounds like it's following the spirits of the first ones since those are the only ones i like. sadly horror setting + spiders is not a formula that i can deal with

There's only small spiders. There are other bugs like centipedes though and bigger than normal grasshoppers. Also bees.

Teggy

Nah you can play it. Though really I would suggest

Leon 1, Chris 1, Jake 1, Ada 1 and just keep following that format

Well that's what I have been doing, but...

Remaster/re-release I think. Her campaign is meant to be played last, and actually closes off a major plot point in the story...

Maybe I will do this.

The other great part of Ada's undersea adventure is that she brought a waterproof bag with leather pants, a silk shirt and heels.

Tizoc

I'd rank the Uncharted series 2 >> 3 > Rise of the Tomb Raider >>> TR2013 >>> 1 >>> bad rats > that shitty Vita spinoff game where you had to rub coal on your face

I haven't played 4
Tom Braider 2>1>uncharted series merely by virtue of the bow and arrow
Killing mooks by flinging arrows into their faces is always fun~

zkylon

zkylewd
There's only small spiders. There are other bugs like centipedes though and bigger than normal grasshoppers. Also bees.
yeah size is not that important for me

there's lots of other things to take into consideration to know if they trigger my phobia and the context matters probably most than anything so being in a stressful situation like a horror game is probably not ideal

unless it's maybe like super restricted to a single area so i can ask someone else to clear it for me

Jawmuncher

yeah size is not that important for me

there's lots of other things to take into consideration to know if they trigger my phobia and the context matters probably most than anything so being in a stressful situation like a horror game is probably not ideal

unless it's maybe like super restricted to a single area so i can ask someone else to clear it for me

The bugs actually are all only in one section and then never seen again.

Anteater

fucking edge man, the fucking fight just started

jI1a1rZ.jpg

yuraya

Finished up Assassin's Creed Chronicles: India. Took about 5 hrs.

I thought it was much better than China. The level and enemy variety was better. And the platforming in general was more smooth and well paced. Some neat little timed levels and other stuff that was very fun. The story however was still very weak and bunch of pointless nonsense just like China. I gave China a 7 out of 10. I would give India an 8 out of 10. If you are in the mood for a mindless side scrolling platformer/stealth game I recommend it.

Also that is now 2 Uplay games I've finished this year. I'm so sorry SteamGAF.

Finished up Assassin's Creed Chronicles: India. Took about 5 hrs.

I thought it was much better than China. The level and enemy variety was better. And the platforming in general was more smooth and well paced. Some neat little timed levels and other stuff that was very fun. The story however was still very weak and bunch of pointless nonsense just like China. I gave China a 7 out of 10. I would give India an 8 out of 10. If you are in the mood for a mindless side scrolling platformer/stealth game I recommend it.

Also that is now 2 Uplay games I've finished this year. I'm so sorry SteamGAF.

we UplayGAF now

zkylon

zkylewd
The bugs actually are all only in one section and then never seen again.
that's cool, i might consider it then, idk

i'll probably have to do a lot of watching videos and preparing and whatnot

like, that's the way it is with re1 and 2 and i don't play those games anymore so i'm not sure

i might have to do an exception for the remake of 2, which is one of my favorite games ever, and just get someone to get past the spider parts for me

and i really wish they did their the remakes with the old voiceacting

so much better

There were cockroaches in the demo. That shit is much worse than spiders.
i'm phobic to both soooo

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This sealed cave is kinda draining all my FF4 mojo, I just want it to end now :/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cant fucking use emergency exit in this sealed cave, have to walk all the way back.

Fuck you FF4 :(

I tried the Oculus today at a local Best Buy and cant say I was too impressed. Maybe my rather large hair caused a discrepency for the headset to not be as snug as it should? idk but it was very ehhhhh

Anteater

Edge goes in the back row.

I put him in the backrow before and he was still the first one dying because enemies just seem to like punching him for whatever reason, so I put the guy in the front after he leveled up a bit so at least he could do some damage since he's fast

Rhaknar

Kain is the worst Final Fantasy character ever. In fact this whole bunch are the most incompetent group in the series, they actually fail every single one of their goals.

Tizoc

Kain is the worst Final Fantasy character ever. In fact this whole bunch are the most incompetent group in the series, they actually fail every single one of their goals.
This is a common theme in the early series

Fun fact- you ( or rather snake) also fail your objectives in mgs1 as well

Rhaknar

This is a common theme in the early series

Them fucking up every goal? My god man. Fail
every crystal, finally get one, Kain turns again like a bitch

That and the one piece style
"nah we aint actually dead lol" of Cid and Yang
has kinda soured me on the game now. Im seriously expecting
the kids to show up again soon
. Hopefully im not far from the end now.

Dont get me wrong its a common trope for the heroes to fuck up and get fucked during a adventure but these guys fuck up every single time. How many times have I read Cecil say "we failed" now? Lol

Rhaknar

I hope the koei bundle discount lasts until I get my damn refund sorted.

How gimmicky are the bosses in FF3/5/6? I've come to the conclusion that at this point in my life I simply cant be arsed to repeat bosses over and over again. FF4 has a few gimmick bosses, im actually just googling what they are beforehand now to see if its a gimmick boss or not, I just cba man.

Edit: by gimmicky I mean stuff like
that boss where you had to steal with Edge to close his cloak or he would one shot you.

Tizoc

Them fucking up every goal? My god man. Fail
every crystal, finally get one, Kain turns again like a bitch

That and the one piece style
"nah we aint actually dead lol" of Cid and Yang
has kinda soured me on the game now. Im seriously expecting
the kids to show up again soon
. Hopefully im not far from the end now.

Dont get me wrong its a common trope for the heroes to fuck up and get fucked during a adventure but these guys fuck up every single time. How many times have I read Cecil say "we failed" now? Lol
Well the game's plot is from ealry 90s and one that hasnt exactly aged well
Ff2's plot has the heroes going thru tragedy after tragedy just to bring peace to their world. in concept it can work well as a story but i dont remember mich off ff2 to fully judge it :x
Dat final boss battle theme doe
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9BM0V7IWkWw

I hope the koei bundle discount lasts until I get my damn refund sorted.

How gimmicky are the bosses in FF3/5/6? I've come to the conclusion that at this point in my life I simply cant be arsed to repeat bosses over and over again. FF4 has a few gimmick bosses, im actually just googling what they are beforehand now to see if its a gimmick boss or not, I just cba man.

Well...it depends.

FF3 and FF5 have job systems, and sometimes having the right jobs can make all the difference. IIRC, there's one fight in FF3 that absolutely requires a full party of dragoons, otherwise the party gets wiped. FF5 is much more free form, since players can combine jobs with abilities to get through a lot of stuff. Plus there's a few tricks that all but guarantee wins for certain fights (2/3rds of the game can be trivialized with the Samurai's gil toss)

FF6 shouldn't be any trouble at all.

It's also important to note that FF4 DS/Steam is a bit of an outlier. It was specially designed to be more difficult, since most of its players have already experienced FF4 in some form.

Battlechili

Banned
I wonder if Durante helped with Nights of Azure any as well, or if maybe at least his help in turn affected and improved Nights of Azure's port.

Rhaknar

I wonder if Durante helped with Nights of Azure any as well, or if maybe at least his help in turn affected and improved Nights of Azure's port.

im absolutely assuming that Azure is as good a port as Atelier from that pic he posted... probably shouldnt assume that lol. Oh well.

Rhaknar

He's not helping with anything, he just received pre-release Steam key for Atelier (either from K-T or PC Gamer).

Oh he's helping alright, how many people here bought them after he posted the pic :3

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Odysseus Long Way Home -- MB-08D47180816AE44E - Taken by Vuze
Onikira Demon Killer -- MB-345C92F716EB7B80 - Taken by voodooray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom