• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

I agree with pretty much everything you said. But you are leaving out that a company that cares about crowd funding, in the sense that it intends to use the model in the future, simply has to focus on communication and to some extent transparency. No one needs a documentary detailing every little thing, but if major things like Stretch Goals are dropped, you don't want to hear about that from someone data mining the game.
That's my main point. And other companies ave done this much better than inXile seems to have done it in this case.

My impression was that Torment is spamming the unholy hell out of everyone with updates. I don't think they can reasonably be accused of a lack of communication. They also had a playable demo. I don't think good communication means explaining every little departure from the original spec, because some of them aren't even made consciously in a meeting where something is axed, they're a gradual shift.
I'm sorry, but I really can't agree with this, and I don't know why you are trying so hard to frame everything in the single most charitable way for inXile in this case.

Spamming people with updates about everything going well is not what I want in terms of communication in a crowdfunded project, especially not when specifically mentioned goals are being dropped. What I want is a timely update which tells me they were dropped and why.

Again, other companies have demonstrated how to do this.

kagamin

Holy shit, I was playing the Field of Glory PVP to farm for higher item level gear in Final Fantasy XIV, and wow the framerate is goddamn awful on PS4, also it's pretty RNG based sadly, so it's not as tactical as it should be.

zkylon

zkylewd
you know, i felt like persona 4 wasn't very good at treating homosexuality, gender and identity issues and broken families, but the phobia stuff really pissed me off lol

Vazduh

047LM4Yl.jpg

This is a good video game.

I believe you. Maybe someday SEGA will port one of those, but until then I guess I'll have to get a console.

Lanrutcon

Can I just say, the Shantae remake is probably the highest quality metroidvania game I've ever played/seen on the PC. It is fantastic and I hope it sells well.

Mugen08

Just pre-ordered Zelda: BotW for Wii U, most likely my only non-PC game for 2017. Bloody shame that Torment: ToN is arriving just a few days before the Zelda-launch. Now to choose a game from the backlog for February, weighing between finishing up Wasteland 2, The Witcher 3 or even Deus EX: HR or possibly start a new game, N++ or Shenzhen I/O.

Ascheroth

cool

like honestly if u put those pictures side by side i'd stay with the ps4 one even if it's not perfect

i hate enb mods and whatnot jacking up saturation to absurd levels

I'd take the PC one with a little less saturation, somewhere inbetween those two shots.
I don't think I have any experience with ENB mods, but doing it with SweetFX/ReShade is usually simple enough.
And yeah it feels like 90% of user-configs look like they're made on a black and white monitor.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'd take the PC one with a little less saturation, somewhere inbetween those two shots.
I don't think I have any experience with ENB mods, but doing it with SweetFX/ReShade is usually simple enough.
And yeah it feels like 90% of user-configs look like they're made on a black and white monitor.
yeah but i don't have the patience to tune that stuff, relaunch the game, etc.

i just wish ppl making these had a little more restraint

Need help with DS4Windows..

If I use the DS4 with the USB cable, it's always charging, right? Is it alright if I leave it charging all the time? Like, will the battery life got a hit or something in the long run? I haven't bought a bluetooth device to pair up the DS4 to my PC.

Nah.

At this point, the only thing(s) I want are a Code Veronica X (MT Frameworks, pref.) port to Steam and Bio3 HD.

After that, Capcom and the series can pretty much die in my mind. Revelations 1 was supposed to be a "return to form" and that didn't wow me. 6 was a complete and colossal turd.

I bought Revelations 2, but haven't gotten around to it because of 1 and 6. 7's demo didn't inspire much confidence in me. The series clearly isn't for old-school adventure-speed-runner-horror fans anymore like me.

It kinda baffles me that you're saying these things while simultaneously saying that you own Rev2 and haven't bothered playing it. It's one of the best entries in the franchise and definitely a "return to form".

Monooboe

Hmh I think I've might have come to the conclusion that I don't really like TellTale games. They just stress me out too much. I remember being completely beat after Walking Dead Season 2 and I get that feeling playing Batman and I'm only on episode 3. Tales from Borderland I think worked better for me since it was so light in tone.

Wonder when they will shake things up again. At least a new engine and look would be nice. I do still appreciate what they are trying to do.

Vuze

Did anyone buy uPlay keys from Origin India (or out-of-region in general) recently? I'm eyeing GR Wildlands if it turns out to be a good coop game / I like the upcoming demo but the site says:
Product codes issued for this title will only work in the following countries:
Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, India (excluding Japan & South Korea)

Not sure if it's really locked (and if it is, on which level) or just a precautionary disclaimer. It's hard to live in a post-steam-gift-trading-world :,(

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Can I just say, the Shantae remake is probably the highest quality metroidvania game I've ever played/seen on the PC. It is fantastic and I hope it sells well.
Yeah, Half-Genie Hero looks really neat. I've only played Risky's Revenge, and wasn't the hugest fan of it, but this one looks good.

Tizoc

Hoping to clear these games during this year towards the 50+ Game challenge-
Cursed Castilla
Dark Sector
Deadly Tower of Monsters
Dust
Exile's End
Final Exam
Ghost 1.0
Ghostbusters 2009
Hell Yeah!
Hyper Light Drifter (maybe)
Inferno Climber
Legend of Dark Witch 2
Oneechanbara 2Z
Oneshot
Oniken
Onikira
Shadow Warrior
Slaim: Back from Hell
Song of the Deep
Steel Strider
Super Cyborg
TMNT: Out of the Shadows
Tembo
ZHEROS

....for starters :3
Just one of the best rpgs ever made.

1 has a full on remake which is coming to the west this summer, if they were to bring Y1 to steam it might as well be that one.
Y2 HD would be great though.

Y1 Kiwami has differences to the original game, and personally I don't mind experiencing how the series evolved from its first game :p

Ludens

Banned
Far Cry Primal is the worst example of "ubisoft" game: grind here to build this, grind there to do that, grind grind grind. Such a boring thing going around hunting wolves just to upgrade some huts so I can proceed with the plot.
Plus Ubi forgot the plot, this time.

Backlogger

Far Cry Primal is the worst example of "ubisoft" game: grind here to build this, grind there to do that, grind grind grind. Such a boring thing going around hunting wolves just to upgrade some huts so I can proceed with the plot.
Plus Ubi forgot the plot, this time.

I rarely needed to go out of my way to get materials. Just from doing quests and side quests I got 98% of what I needed. Didn't feel grindy to me at all. Was one of my favorite games last year and favorite of the franchise since FC2

Ludens

Banned
I rarely needed to go out of my way to get materials. Just from doing quests and side quests I got 98% of what I needed. Didn't feel grindy to me at all. Was one of my favorite games last year and favorite of the franchise since FC2

I'm just in the beginning and I needed to farm stuff in order to proceed with the plot, and that took me one hour. If I do the main plot only, how long is the game?

Tizoc

48 hours til S-E's Final Fantasy event.
Let's see how those rumors turn out.

edit: for those wondering
– Final Fantasy I, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions and Chrono Trigger could be released on Steam before the end of 2017.
– Final Fantasy VII Remake and Final Fantasy XV are coming to PC, but likely not until early-mid 2018.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226077233&postcount=1

This is the first game so beware of the misguiding image down..
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GooCubelets- -- MB-923A14352A173A03 - Taken by Hakkelus. 1 entrants total.

t1485710468z1.png

B5uMIZz.png
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Break Into Zatwor Plus Absconding Zatwor Plus Fiends of Imprisonment -- MB-15F53186DBE96CEF - Taken by Javier23. 1 entrants total.

t1485711242z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom