• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes me sad about all these Japanese games porting talks is that no matter how good Berseria port is, it's not gonna sell that much. I wouldn't be able to bring myself to see the steamspy numbers next week.

Hopefully Toukiden 2 ,,follows suit.

Toukiden 2 looks promising. Here's hoping the port will be much better this time.

What makes me sad about all these Japanese games porting talks is that no matter how good Berseria port is, it's not gonna sell that much. I wouldn't be able to bring myself to see the steamspy numbers next week.

It has been in the top 10 of steam best sellers for the past week and is currently #2 in the US and #3 Globally as of now with no additional discounts. I'm pretty sure it must be selling decently.

Grief.exe

Zesteria did really well early on, these titles don't need to sell that many copies to be successful.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Would it be too much to expect the same from berserk musou?

why do I always forget that exists?

dude its been #2 or #3 all week, and came out with alongside a little known game called RE7. Im sure its doing fine.

It has been in the top 10 of steam best sellers for the past week and is currently #2 in the US and #3 Globally as of now with no additional discounts. I'm pretty sure it must be selling decently.

Zesteria did really well early on, these titles don't need to sell that many copies to be successful.

dude its been #2 or #3 all week, and came out with alongside a little known game called RE7. Im sure its doing fine.

I hope you're right!

It's just a bit depressing reading the boards with all the denuvo talks. I'm afraid it'll bring down the game.

yuraya

Played a little bit of that For Honor beta on Uplay. Gameplay felt pretty good. Surprisingly good actually.

But seriously why Ubisoft didn't turn it into a Souls game? What the heck makes them think people want to play some shitty capture zone multiplayer game with gameplay like this? Missed opportunity on their end. They need to stop with this less singleplayer stuff plus more always online and games as a service bullshit. Such a shitty trend for this industry to take.

Finished my Madhouse playthrough of RE7. I liked the game quite a bit for the most part, and I wish I'd have a reason to keep playing it, but it kinda lacks on content. I could try playing it again for the remaining achievements, but I don't want to get burnt out.

I guess it's time to wait for the dlcs.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
People that replay games are weird, especially with our backlogs. That's like if I watched a tv show and then imediatly re-watched it...

...wait I do that with some shows, I'm doing that right now daily with Brooklyn Nine Nine daily, and I ahve a tv show backlog aswell fuck. Carry on then >_>

Ascheroth

oh-god-how-did-this-gcds54.png

Oh-god-how-did-this-get-here-I-am-not-good-with-computer.

I'd say it looks like a 2560x1440 screenshot with 8xSGSSAA though. Oh no it even shows the FPS counter I have to figure out how to remove this!
Dammit Durante, now I have to move this up on my priority list!

Toukiden 2 looks promising. Here's hoping the port will be much better this time.
You really should stay out of the Steam forums, especially for anime games. It's just not worth it.
And it's not an indication of anything anyway.
Berseria sits at 93% positive with 276 reviews and SteamSpy shows it at 20k owners, and those aren't even Day 1 numbers yet, while it's still comfortably sitting in the Top 3 of the Top Sellers list.
It's going to do fine.
What's going to be really interesting to watch is how it will sell compared to Zestiria (it did something between 80k and 100k in launch week).

Tizoc

People that replay games are weird, especially with our backlogs. That's like if I watched a tv show and then imediatly re-watched it...

...wait I do that with some shows, I'm doing that right now daily with Brooklyn Nine Nine daily, and I ahve a tv show backlog aswell fuck. Carry on then >_>
Replayability matters to me in games, and incould just as easily pause my backlog and replay ys origin or oath for example.
I am making slow but ateady progress thru my backlog and have enjoyed much of the games i had played

Matter of fact i am now re reading one piece manga from the betinning and am quite enjoying it.

Rhaknar

Replayability matters to me in games, and incould just as easily pause my backlog and replay ys origin or oath for example.
I am making slow but ateady progress thru my backlog and have enjoyed much of the games i had played

Matter of fact i am now re reading one piece manga from the betinning and am quite enjoying it.

why are you replying as if the second line in my post didnt exist? :(

Pixieking

Banned
What's going to be really interesting to watch is how it will sell compared to Zestiria (it did something between 80k and 100k in launch week).

Thing is, you're not going to be able to get a like-for-like examination of sales, due to one of Zestiria's preorder bonuses being a free copy of Symphonia. That would've sold a lot of people on Zestiria, and also negatively affect the numbers for Symphonia (so you can't even match Berseria's numbers against that).

Wok

why are you replying as if the second line in my post didnt exist? :(

When you post something, people have the right to post a reply. It is more about sharing an experience than about denying your point.

Even if there is a second line.

Personally, I almost never replay anything, be it games, movies, books, comics.

Ascheroth

Thing is, you're not going to be able to get a like-for-like examination of sales, due to one of Zestiria's preorder bonuses being a free copy of Symphonia. That would've sold a lot of people on Zestiria, and also negatively affect the numbers for Symphonia (so you can't even match Berseria's numbers against that).

I know that, but that just means it's even more interesting to see if Berseria can stand up to Zestiria without a 2nd game as a preorder bonus.

Nillansan

To me it feels like a protype of what can be a promising action game. There are issues with the AI being too easy for most of the part, the environments are extremely flat and the combat is simplistic with not much depth to it. I think not selling it full price its the right thing cause at 60 bucks Im sure many would have feel ripped off by the game. The story is good and the game has a decent length if you want all the endings and complete all quests.

Thanks for the write-up. Simplistic combat and easy encounters in a somewhat action heavy game doesn't sound appealing in slightest, I'll stick with Atelier.

Ludens

Banned
Did anyone else get this offer?

vC0CLJs.png

I resubbed because that + selling xcom 2 makes this basically free but I can't see my credit anywhere.

Same, did it now because of this offer but I can't see the credit.
Nevermind, found it: you need to click on the blue "add funds" button on the page of the bundle.

Monooboe

vC0CLJs.png

I resubbed because that + selling xcom 2 makes this basically free but I can't see my credit anywhere.

Cynic in me kind of takes this as the next monthly is going to be lackluster because they needed to sweeten the deal so that long time subscribers don't stop. Still, 5 bucks is 5 bucks.:D

Ludens

Banned
Cynic in me kind of takes this as the next monthly is going to be lackluster because they needed to sweeten the deal so that long time subscripers don't stop. Still, 5 bucks is 5 bucks.:D

An advice: for EU users, they are not 5€, but something like 4.38€.
Meanwhile the price of the games on the store is a 1:1 conversion in 90% of the cases.

vC0CLJs.png

So how do I use this? I just bought the Xcom bundle. Do I cancel, then rebuy it later or what.

Oh and yeah I canceled a while back and subscribed again just now, got the $10 sub price but no $5 either.

It was under my promotions tab on Gmail.

Mivey

It's a well known
alternative
fact that Japanese devs have huge debts from protection money for the Yakuza, and therefore need GTA-like sales numbers to 1) afford making games and 2) don't have any "accidents".

I don't understand, is the offer for long time subscribers or for those left subscription and resubscribe?

Yeah that's what I'd like to know. I've subscribed on and off ever since the thing started (but more on than off) and I didn't get it either. Are they rewarding people who have subscribed for over a year for example? Would be nice to know the criteria.

Echoplx

Yeah that's what I'd like to know. I've subscribed on and off ever since the thing started (but more on than off) and I didn't get it either. Are they rewarding people who have subscribed for over a year for example? Would be nice to know the criteria.

I subscribed once in July last year and cancelled straight after and got the offer.

Deques

So this is an offer for those who left and not for those who have loyal subscribers? The wording is so strange in the message, how can those who left be loyal monthly customer?

I'd say it looks like a 2560x1440 screenshot with 8xSGSSAA though. Oh no it even shows the FPS counter I have to figure out how to remove this!

woooh, but what about LOWER resolutions? KT ports usually ignore not-standard resolution, like 1360x768

Monooboe

I subscibed from the start and only subscribed maybe three or four months and haven't gone back, so I found it strange that I got the offer and actually thought it was only for those who are regular subscribers.

PaulSane

Well, that's some nice news! I'm now more optimistic about upcoming Atelier Firis port too, since these games seem to use the same engine. Is there any info on Nights of Azure port quality?

Durante

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Doesn't look like anything to me.

Now, in seriousness: the key came with a "no-pre-release-reviews" clause, and I've reached out to ask whether this includes only formal reviews or posting about it at all. Last night I couldn't contain my glee at the pure joy of seeing the game with that IQ (rather unprofessional of me, but I've never claimed to be anything other than a huge Atelier fanboy -- and it wasn't a formal NDA or anything, just one sentence) and posted this screenshot, and I hope no one will be too miffed at that, but I'll refrain from giving out more detailed information until I hear back.

Well, that's some nice news! I'm now more optimistic about upcoming Atelier Firis port too, since these games seem to use the same engine. Is there any info on Nights of Azure port quality?
Well, here I can merely speculate, given that I have neither a Firis nor an Azure key. I can do that - personally, I'd expect them to have roughly the same features as the Sophie port, I can't see Gust or K-T going out of their way to do things differently there.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Doesn't look like anything to me.

Now, in seriousness: the key came with a "no-pre-release-reviews" clause, and I've reached out to ask whether this includes only formal reviews or posting about it at all. Last night I couldn't contain my glee at the pure joy of seeing the game with that IQ (rather unprofessional of me, but I've never claimed to be anything other than a huge Atelier fanboy -- and it wasn't a formal NDA or anything, just one sentence) and posted this screenshot, and I hope no one will be too miffed at that, but I'll refrain from giving out more detailed information until I hear back.

I don't know why they should be miffled since you probably got them more pre-purchases

Knurek

Okay, SteamCon is legit good for FPS games. At least those, that don't require quick response/precise aiming.
Playing Soma at the moment, and it feels better on SteamCon than on KB+M
(Mostly because I can sit a bit further from the screen, so I don't get seasick from the headbob+fov issues).
Still can't imagine playing anything like Quake 3 or DOOM on it, but yeah, walking simulator/puzzle games should be more than okay.

the key came with a "no-pre-release-reviews" clause

All we need is a post-release "Durante's Seal of PC Port approval".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom