• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

gngf123

Okay when I said my monitor had backlight bleeding, I didn't mean it had anywhere near the amount of bleeding your monitors have.

I would just return that shit.

Vuze

Okay when I said my monitor had backlight bleeding, I didn't mean it had anywhere near the amount of bleeding your monitors have.

Posting pics of backlight bleed is just as useless as pics of HDR content. It's always exaggerated and completly inaccurate to reality.

If it annoys you, return it, if you don't care, keep it. Easy as that.

Sarcasm

Just return your current shit because you already posted which means you are annoyed by it. Better to be happy than constantly nagging.

(This post comes off mean when it shouldn't lol)

gngf123

Just return your current shit because you already posted which means you are annoyed by it. Better to be happy than constantly nagging.

(This post comes off mean when it shouldn't lol)

I said I would in hindsight? I've had my monitor way past the return period. I've learnt to live with it since.

Anything new, I'd say just return it if there are any defects you don't like instead of messing around with it.

ArjanN

Finished Axiom Verge, certainly an enjoyable example of the Metroidvania genre (more Metroid than Castelvania in this case obv).
I've never played any Metroid games before, outside of some of Metroid Fusion, so I think I felt a little caught off guard.

My character certainly felt more fragile than I was expecting for the most part, and I'm sure I'll be called "lol, casual" but I didn't like the lack of direction towards the end.
Other Metroidvanias I've played always at least gave a hint or a nudge for what to do next, but this doesn't.
It's not a bother at the start of the game and you'll always figure it out, but as more and more of the world opens up to you it's very easy to get lost in what to do next.

Best example for me was towards the end of the game, and I had found that I had defeated one of the last bosses in the game but had no idea where to go next, no cutscene or text prompted me anywhere.
I had to use a guide to discover that I'm supposed to get another equipment upgrade somewhere else before the endgame sequences even commence, but I had zero indication that I had anything missing =/

While it's true it gets easier to get lost in that game later on, I assumed that was by design, it wasn't really a huge issue for me since in the first playthrough of a Metroidvania I'm going to 100% the map anyway, so any unexplored area is progress, and you'll eventually run into whatever story items you need exploring that way.

Are there any games comparable to VA-11 Hall-A? I'm tempted to get the 3rd tier for that even though the 2nd tier isn't that exciting to me (guess I could wait until the extra games are announced).

L.O.R.D

i just checked again,it's actually not that bad,it's only show you that because of the camera

here what i actually see

z2LkeF7.jpg

and here from different angles

Tizoc

Heard negative things about Nights of Azure so I'd like to hear more impressions before I decide to get it.

He reached out to them, and they asked him for a business email so they could talk to him.

I hope that's a good sign, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Yeah I definitely know that part. Just hopeful something grew out of that but I guess we won't know until release. K-T would be wise to put out a demo of Sophie to get some feedback.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Heard negative things about Nights of Azure so I'd like to hear more impressions before I decide to get it.

The gameplay is super basic and very repetitive, level design is mostly flat stages all over the place and once you get certain transformation the game is super easy from what Ive heard. Story is interesting I suppose.

Pakkidis

Replaying Resident Evil 5 with a FOV mod and a mod that removes the yellow/green filter and it feels like I am playing a remaster. The difference is really astounding.

Valxal

Replaying Resident Evil 5 with a FOV mod and a mod that removes the yellow/green filter and it feels like I am playing a remaster. The difference is really astounding.

Could you post links to both mods?

I just bought RE5 the other day and would like to check those out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
finished EPistory, its super neat. Im playing a lot of games that are neat lately, they arent amazing by any stretch of the imagination, but they are cool little games totally worth playing. Unfortunately thats it for now since I gotta go back to my cleaning. My plans of using this week off work to get ahead in the 52 games will fail bad lol.

Sarcasm

I am guessing yes but I have no idea. I will try the demo tonight and if I decide to buy I will find out.

As I said, the demo gets broken pretty quickly. The game has promising. Also the areas aren't procedural, as the hubs aren't.

But loot and combat (enemies) are randomized.

I probably would buy if it is a steam key.

Valxal

Look at the community guide section to learn how to install them correctly.

Sweet, thanks a lot!

Dies irae just got funded on Kickstarter.
Coming to Steam in May.

Supposed to be cheaper on KS than on Steam, especially for Eurozone folks. $35 vs 2x€19.99.
Still 34 hours to campaign's end, if anyone's interested.

Glad this got funded! I grabbed the early bird digital version but I might switch to the physical version since it looks so good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
damn VA-11 cards sell for a lot, just sold one for 30cents

Rhaknar

they finally added the mystery game to the holiday helpings groupees bundle, its a game called Fast and Curious, its not on the store yet but they already have the key available

Nete

Sooo... has anyone bought the "above average" Humble and doesn't plan to get the highest tier for N++? I would gladly pay the difference from what he paid to the $10 to get the key. He can keep VA-11 Hall-A, I don't want it.

Usually I never have any interest in the high HB tiers, but this time is the only game I want.

EDIT: Solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom