• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

New achievement milestone!

vwIZvWW.png

latest

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of neonglow, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 4 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (neonglow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xWBm0BY.png
Assassin's Creed (Uplay) -- MB-2F269FD266ABD0B7 - Taken by Jadax. 3 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
Assassin's Creed Chronicles China (Uplay) -- MB-D87A8EDBC6A2C4C3 - Taken by Hakkelus. 2 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
Assassin's Creed II Deluxe Edition (Uplay) -- MB-C763A5B579DDD534 - Taken by laserlaser. 10 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
Assassin's Creed III (Uplay) -- MB-B9E4681C711ACB1A - Taken by Vipu. 1 entrants total.

t1484125858z1.png

New achievement milestone!

You need to get Super Duper Flying Genocide 2017.

I played it for about 20mins and got more than 150 achievements. The dev even added more a couple of days ago to a total of 500! They all come from simple progression so 100% is easy. The game itself has no real challenge, you just move around sucking up people with your ufo, I didn't die once. Though the dev has ripped all the achievement graphics from valve's steam level badges so at some point he might get his arse kicked by valve.

Flash a newer rom on it?

Apparently you can flash it to 4.4.4 without any issues and even to 6.x though that might be a bit much for it! I mostly just use it for browsing and for playing canabalt.

Deques

You need to get Super Duper Flying Genocide 2017.

I played it for about 20mins and got more than 150 achievements. The dev even added more a couple of days ago to a total of 500! They all come from simple progression so 100% is easy. The game itself has no real challenge, you just move around sucking up people with your ufo, I didn't die once. Though the dev has ripped all the achievement graphics from valve's steam level badges so at some point he might get his arse kicked by valve.

I don't buy games for achievements anymore, it's waste of money just to increase the achievement number. Besides I don't want to increase my backlog too much

Trying out some Humble games.

Pony Island turned out to be great. Not in my top 5, so I don't have to regret my Steam GOTY votes, but top 10 perhaps.

Oxenfree was more of a chore though. Thought it would an adventure game, but it's pretty much Audio Logs - the game. It feels weird to have to stop constantly and just stand there, because the characters aren't done talking, and be hesitant to use the points of interest, because you might interupt them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Epistory's open world design caught me off gurd. Its not bad, at all, but its unexpected. Esepcially when they divide zones by "chapters" so I wandered into chapter 4 and was like "wait what... did I do chapter 3?" so I wandered around the other side of the map and sure enough, I ran into Chapter 3. Bit weird.

Tizoc

Epistory's open world design caught me off gurd. Its not bad, at all, but its unexpected. Esepcially when they divide zones by "chapters" so I wandered into chapter 4 and was like "wait what... did I do chapter 3?" so I wandered around the other side of the map and sure enough, I ran into Chapter 3. Bit weird.
It's like skipping ahead in a book heh

kagamin

Phew, I'll be glad if I can hold myself over without buying any games until March if I'm lucky, I might cave in on Dragon Quest VIII but otherwise I'm looking forward to the Switch, Persona 5, and Stormblood especially (Red Mage is awesome).

Ban Puncher

how many of you have Backlight Bleeding in your monitor?
have you tried to fix it or return it? or just ignore it?

When I bought my new monitor it had a severe backlight bleeding issue so I returned it and would of kept returning them until I got a good one. Luckily the second monitor was all good.

I ain't paying for a new product that is already broken.

iANHTZv.jpg

Tapejara

Humble Bundle at it again, here goes my vow not to buy bundles anymore, but it was too good to pass, so no regrets.

Haha, yep. After the January Monthly and paying early for XCOM 2 I was all "yep, that's good for a while. Going to pick up Gravity Rush and Yakuza 0 and that'll be it...

...ooooo, VA-11 Hall-A and N++ for $10!"

Ludens

Banned
Like 3/4 hours if I recall correctly.

Thanks, I hoped it was shorter. Anyway Unity wasn't bad, but not good too in my opinion.
I didn't find bugs, the game never crashed and it run very well, graphics are very good but the plot is missing something, the french revolution element was not deep enough for me, that was a shame.
EDIT: I only did the main missions and one coop mission.

MUnited83

For you.
Thanks, I hoped it was shorter. Anyway Unity wasn't bad, but not good too in my opinion.
I didn't find bugs, the game never crashed and it run very well, graphics are very good but the plot is missing something, the french revolution element was not deep enough for me, that was a shame.
EDIT: I only did the main missions and one coop mission.
The ending boss battle was the best.
I used the disguise ability, I got disguised as the boss and he wasn't able to see me, and I got to see the first few fractions of the ending cutscene with me dressed as him stabbing himself lol

L.O.R.D

When I bought my new monitor it had a severe backlight bleeding issue so I returned it and would of kept returning them until I got a good one. Luckily the second monitor was all good.

I ain't paying for a new product that is already broken.

iANHTZv.jpg

mine only the area in red has bleeding

every corner is good

3I5UoPU.jpg

venomenon

how many of you have Backlight Bleeding in your monitor?
have you tried to fix it or return it? or just ignore it?

I have a weird issue with my monitor but I don't know if it qualifies as backlight bleeding. Basically, after it's turned on, there will be rather large areas that are very noticeably darker than the rest. The location and size of these areas (usually 10-30% of the screen) differs. It usually disappears after the monitor ran for a few minutes and I turned it off and on again.

Never tried to fix it as I don't even know what exactly this problem is called and what to google for.

On another note, I finished Pony Island yesterday and feel like I might have to make adjustments to my GOTY list. There are some incredible moments in this game.

For anyone considering buying that Depression game they said in the comments of the news post that they'll be dropping the price to $1.99 before it's removed.

I have a weird issue with my monitor but I don't know if it qualifies as backlight bleeding. Basically, after it's turned on, there will be rather large areas that are very noticeably darker than the rest. The location and size of these areas (usually 10-30% of the screen) differs. It usually disappears after the monitor ran for a few minutes and I turned it off and on again.

Never tried to fix it as I don't even know what exactly this problem is called and what to google for.

On another note, I finished Pony Island yesterday and feel like I might have to make adjustments to my GOTY list. There are some incredible moments in this game.

It means it's dying sorry. I have a TV that does that, as much as the entire left half of the screen's backlight doesn't come on straight away. Leaving it as is for 10-15 mins to warm up and then turning on and off used to fix it but now it slowly wakes up after more than an hour of epilepsy inducing flickering. I leave it on now on the screen saver but it's about to go in the bin.

Some part of the electronics that control that part of the LED backlight has gone bad. It's probably a thermistor, they are notoriously unreliable or just some connection that needs heat to bend into place.

fokkusu

I'd still return it.

Because if you don't it will always annoy you.

Itching away at your sub-conscious.

"I can see it."

"I can't unsee it."

Second this. I had also monitor with one corner bleeding and it was ok when you did not know about it. Once you realized it is there, you just cannot unsee it :)

Tektonic

Speaking of which, I still have those crazy coins that are worth almost 20$ each. I wonder if I will ever use them.

I have 40$ worth of coins, and there is nothing to buy with them. I was thinking of getting the jast bundle and putting it on modbot, it would be pretty popular in these parts. But a) it's not steam & b) I'm not an anime perv :)

Ozium

Err, my two Deluxe Mega Saver coins on Groupees are worth negative $1.23. How bizarre.

Yes. Those are the Trump coins. They started at a value of -$1 and as people used them the value went down (as opposed to the other limited coins that go up in value as people use them)

I used mine when I used a 12 dollar coin to buy a 10 dollar bundle

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have 40$ worth of coins, and there is nothing to buy with them. I was thinking of getting the jast bundle and putting it on modbot, it would be pretty popular in these parts. But a) it's not steam & b) I'm not an anime perv :)

I used one for 12.xx mentioned above for that Brigador bundle that contained the game (with steam key of course,) the soundtrack (not a steam key for that unfortunately) and tons of other EPs and albums from them...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yes. Those are the Trump coins. They started at a value of -$1 and as people used them the value went down (as opposed to the other limited coins that go up in value as people use them)

I used mine when I used a 12 dollar coin to buy a 10 dollar bundle

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ah. They should have increased in value when he won the election, haha.

AHA-Lambda

Finished Axiom Verge, certainly an enjoyable example of the Metroidvania genre (more Metroid than Castelvania in this case obv).
I've never played any Metroid games before, outside of some of Metroid Fusion, so I think I felt a little caught off guard.

My character certainly felt more fragile than I was expecting for the most part, and I'm sure I'll be called "lol, casual" but I didn't like the lack of direction towards the end.
Other Metroidvanias I've played always at least gave a hint or a nudge for what to do next, but this doesn't.
It's not a bother at the start of the game and you'll always figure it out, but as more and more of the world opens up to you it's very easy to get lost in what to do next.

Best example for me was towards the end of the game, and I had found that I had defeated one of the last bosses in the game but had no idea where to go next, no cutscene or text prompted me anywhere.
I had to use a guide to discover that I'm supposed to get another equipment upgrade somewhere else before the endgame sequences even commence, but I had zero indication that I had anything missing =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom