• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Thanks everyone for Ys advice.

Hell, you could get it without commentary back when I posted some webms of the early game.

I guess I'll just never understand the appeal of GB.

GB commentary is part of the appeal. Obviously if GB isn't for you, their quick looks wont be either.

I personally have two rules for this giveaway (and you must obey them if you enter):

1) I don't care if you're embarrassed by the game or don't want it, you enter the giveaway, so you have to keep it (that means no giving it away)!
2) Post a screenshot of the gift message whenever you open the gift, so everyone knows what game you got!

EDIT: The only reason I put the first rule is because I have given stuff away before and have seen people selling it on the B/S/T Thread (and when people do that, it honestly pisses me off)
Entered, hope it's something ecchi :3

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
EDIT: The only reason I put the first rule is because I have given stuff away before and have seen people selling it on the B/S/T Thread (and when people do that, it honestly pisses me off)

If this happened through ModBot, please let me know who and what (privately) so I can verify this.

Cheddahz

Banned
If this happened through ModBot, please let me know who and what (privately) so I can verify this.

It didn't happen through ModBot (gave away a few PSP games on the Free to a Good Home thread and the user tried flipping one of the games and claimed "they didn't know they were getting that game as well", yet it said in the post they were getting all three games). I just decided to put that sentence in my giveaway post because people shouldn't be flipping the games or whatever, they enter the giveaway to win the game and they should stick with the game, no matter what game it is (if you already own the game, then just give away again on here)

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
That is the most horrifying fucking thing anyone could ever say to me. God I hope I never wind up chained in some psycho's basement...

Haha, um..that is unintentional. I wasn't trying to insinuate anything. I was recycling the "No tears" meme. Sorry about that. :/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just
stole the helicopters
in Wolfenstein New Order, how far into the game am I? just curious (steam says 4 hours)

also, man
Anya's gonna fucking die isnt she
? Dont tell me >_>

Any tips for managing panic in Enemy Within? I feel like I can't build satellites fast enough to keep these nations from freaking out and bailing

Chariot

No way is that more embarrassing than Waifu Foxes.
Oh come, it's not that embarassing from what I've played.
It's the story of a white male that comes to know two japanese in the internet and agree to visit them for two weeks. As he arrives in japan it TURNS OUT that these two japanese are two underage highschool girls whose parents HAPPENS to be on vacation elsewhere while you're there in their house, with their daughters. You, the unknown western guy the two met in the internet and never even saw.

One of the girls is a tsundere with flatchest complex and the other is a nice caring busty girl with bustchest complex. And of course both like you very much.

The information about japan is nice and all, but I rather watch a documentary or two instead of reading this western otaku wet dream.

Is that the name of a thing? I can already imagine the horror
http://store.steampowered.com/app/251870/

Any tips for managing panic in Enemy Within? I feel like I can't build satellites fast enough to keep these nations from freaking out and bailing

What difficulty are you playing on? There's a huge difference in dealing with panic between classic and normal.

Early game in classic or above is always the most difficult part of the game, if you screw up your build order in getting satellite uplinks up quickly than you're basically done. The only real tip I can give is if its still early in the game try and do abduction missions that give engineers. That way you don't have to build as many workshops for uplinks. There's some luck involved as well since there's council missions that reduce your threat level that greatly help.

edit: You might also want to try and do radar sweeps for exalt cells, exalt cells in a country raise panic quicker. Snuffing them out early can you give you more breathing room with a country's panic level.

just realize (especially in classic/impossible) that most likely you won't be able to have sattelite coverage for every single country and you're going to have to decide what continent bonuses you want to go for

also wait until one day before the council meeting to launch sattelites(even if the panic level is maxed out) and you'll still get the bonus

make sure you're building sattelite uplinks adjacent to each other as they get a bonus when they are completed

and most importantly, keep sticking your middle finger at thin men like i am currently doing on ironman/classic

What difficulty are you playing on? There's a huge difference in dealing with panic between classic and normal.

Early game in classic or above is always the most difficult part of the game, if you screw up your build order in getting satellite uplinks up quickly than you're basically done. The only real tip I can give is if its still early in the game try and do abduction missions that give engineers. That way you don't have to build as many workshops for uplinks. There's some luck involved as well since there's council missions that reduce your threat level that greatly help.

edit: You might also want to try and do radar sweeps for exalt cells, exalt cells in a country raise panic quicker. Snuffing them out early can you give you more breathing room with a country's panic level.

Thanks, I'll try the radar sweeps and see if that helps.

just realize (especially in classic/impossible) that most likely you won't be able to have sattelite coverage for every single country and you're going to have to decide what continent bonuses you want to go for

also wait until one day before the council meeting to launch sattelites(even if the panic level is maxed out) and you'll still get the bonus

make sure you're building sattelite uplinks adjacent to each other as they get a bonus when they are completed

and most importantly, keep sticking your middle finger at thin men like i am currently doing on ironman/classic

Yea I guess I just need to choose a continent or two and focus on that! And damn those thinmen!

dot

I think it might be this.

I kinda want to check this game out.

O god I hope it's that. I want to win it and I want to Let's Play it. There's something wrong with me.

That game would be the perfect compliment to the integrity of my library. Only top-tier games in there. I really hope I win now

Psh, this game is actually on my wishlist so i'd want the mystery game to be that more than all of you. >_>

I just really hope it isn't something like DmC. I think i'd cry if i had that tied to my precious steam account.

Psh, this game is actually on my wishlist so i'd want the mystery game to be that more than all of you. >_>

I just really hope it isn't something like DmC. I think i'd cry if i had that tied to my precious steam account.

vDm48lh.png

We're not so different, you and I.

PS3 version, the version with the "terrible grip" (according to my LTTP thread)

The "terrible grip" people are referring to is not a bug, glitch, or fuck-up on Bluepoint's part btw. It's because the HD collection is based on the PAL release of the game, in which the mechanics where a bit altered, a few bugs fixed and so on. At least that's what I've read some time ago. I played both the PS2 original and the PS3 remaster and the controls felt the same to me (all still clumsy).

I also notice it's mostly americans who talk about the weird gripping mechanic in the HD remaster.

Thanks, I'll try the radar sweeps and see if that helps.

Yea I guess I just need to choose a continent or two and focus on that! And damn those thinmen!

I would say the best time to do a radar sweep is when you see a country's panic level raise unusually high. Try to catch it though before it gets into the red when the game notifies you that an exalt cell is in the country.

Once you've taken out exalt though panic pretty much becomes a non issue. I'm on a classic run at endgame and I still have all my countries with only one in the yellow.

Cheddahz

Banned
The "terrible grip" people are referring to is not a bug, glitch, or fuck-up on Bluepoint's part btw. It's because the HD collection is based on the PAL release of the game, in which the mechanics where a bit altered, a few bugs fixed and so on. At least that's what I've read some time ago. I played both the PS2 original and the PS3 remaster and the controls felt the same to me.

I also notice it's mostly americans who talk about the weird gripping mechanic in the HD remaster.
This is my first time playing Shadow of the Colossus and I'm perfectly fine with the controls!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I have 420 games on my wishlist

Barbie is not one of them

46248-Dr-cox-Scrubs-deal-with-it-gif-JkyG.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom