• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
That's great, hard as balls in the hard areas. Completely random too. Willing to bet that in a week after release when everyone has beaten it, any latecomers will be screwed due to the skewed difficulty.

That's why I think its better to jump at it at launch than wait for winter sale. Frustration will come to those newbies getting late into the game.

JordanKZ

The 750ti keeps reallllllly cool even under high pressure (I was doge mining for a while with a set of the 750ti, and they never jumped above 60 degrees Cel. And that was without anything more than the stock cooler and an open air PC case) AND the 750ti card is smallllll!

Sounds like the complete opposite of my pair of 780Ti Windforce. I now have to use vsync because the fans go completely insane otherwise. T_T

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
tkMw0p6.png

Feels good man
Time for the waiting game...

Ozium

Is ACE team going to add new content to Abyss Odyssey as the time passes. I'm intrigued by the idea of an expanding roster of characters

yes. they have also stated on the steam forums they are up for suggestions to tweak movement, etc. and want vs mode to be competitive

BadRamen

Any recommended producer? I'd prefer as much silent fans as possible, especially while idling (something my 6770 has problems with) over 2-3 fps more while gaming.
MSI 750ti Gaming is the quietest out of my personal experience. They are all really quiet even under full load and fans at 100% (not that you need to have them running that fast, auto should be fine).

Another thing to note about the 750ti is that while it cannot SLI, it also does not require an extra power source (PCI-e power cable) which is awesome for cutting down on cord spaghetti in your case! There are a few models that have extra powerful fans or whatever that require that power cable, but from what I remember they are only required on the Gigabyte 750ti and the FTW version of EVGA's 750ti!

And to give more support for the 750ti, I actually downgraded from the 770 to this and while I cannot max out, say, AssCreed 4 at 1900x1200, I can run it pretty swell, so your 768 res should be amazing with this card! :D

Sounds like the complete opposite of my pair of 780Ti Windforce. I now have to use vsync because the fans go completely insane otherwise. T_T

Haha, my 770 was a windforce too and damn those things go nuts! I chipped my nail when I was adjusting it during my brief moment of mining with it. What are the RPMs on those little things again? 2000? 2500?

Vazra

Is ACE team going to add new content to Abyss Odyssey as the time passes. I'm intrigued by the idea of an expanding roster of characters.

They said they plan on adding content from more building blocks, to characters. They added game modes to Rock of Ages and Zeno Clash 2 for free so hopefully we see the same dedication and acceptance to feedback like they did for those games. (Zeno Clash FOV slider was definitely needed

They better add CPU battles to VS Mode cause my ass likes to practice with CPU first before kicking ass online.

JordanKZ

Or, you could use MSI Afterburner to manually cap your framerate.

Probably a good idea. My old 660Ti struggled to keep up (but was quiet comparatively) a lot of the time so I never had to do that.

Haha, my 770 was a windforce too and damn those things go nuts! I chipped my nail when I was adjusting it during my brief moment of mining with it. What are the RPMs on those little things again? 2000? 2500?

2000RPM I believe. 3 on each card, so six in total. Then I have dual coolers for my corsair h100i, although they're pretty quiet all things considered... And then case fans. So yeah, it can get a little loud.

Sub Zero

All of his prices are higher than Hassan's, Broforce by twice as much! I cannot abide by these profit margins, man.

Yes. Hassan's prices were awesome even though I didn't buy anything from him as I already owned all of that stuff. He was probably doing it more as a service to GAF rather than trying to make profit

if some folks just bought eye and are looking for people to coop, you can add me
i kinda have a lot to play now with lost planet 2 (almost finished), zeno clash 2, abyss odyssey, shovel knight, divinity os (though my coop buddy is more interested in doing his ffxiv dailies than playing the damn game), hero siege and a bit of spelunky here and there but i'll try to install the game once i've finished lp2

http://steamcommunity.com/id/RobertJSullivan

(hey look, someone who plays his games)

dmix90

Is ACE team going to add new content to Abyss Odyssey as the time passes. I'm intrigued by the idea of an expanding roster of characters

Wasn't he one of the guys who were selling Valiant Hearts for $10? Hmmm
People learn from their mistakes :p

MadGear

MSI 750ti Gaming is the quietest out of my personal experience. They are all really quiet even under full load and fans at 100% (not that you need to have them running that fast, auto should be fine).

I second that, even my MSI 780 Gaming (same Twin Frozr Cooler) is surprisingly quiet, way more than the EGVA my friend got or the Gigabyte one i had before that.

Sub Zero

They better add CPU battles to VS Mode cause my ass likes to practice with CPU first before kicking ass online.

I don't get why this is not yet a standard feature in all fighting games. The AI is there and it would require minimal effort to set up a VS CPU mode

Mono

One Finger Death Punch can't detect my mouse and thinks I'm using a gamepad for some reason, so it won't show the cursor in game. Weird!

Vazra

I don't get why this is not yet a standard feature in all fighting games. The AI is there and it would require minimal effort to set up a VS CPU mode

Remember this is a mode they crammed in the last weeks of development but it shouldnt been hard to implement the enemy AI to the mode. Maybe tweak the difficulty a bit more for the mode but that's about it.

BadRamen

Damn, now that Witcher 3 is going away, as far as cheapo copies are concerned, I suddenly feel like getting it. SHIIIIIIIII

One Finger Death Punch it is!

Probably a good idea. My old 660Ti struggled to keep up (but was quiet comparatively) a lot of the time so I never had to do that.

2000RPM I believe. 3 on each card, so six in total. Then I have dual coolers for my corsair h100i, although they're pretty quiet all things considered... And then case fans. So yeah, it can get a little loud.

Hey, someone has to do it! Maybe it actually has so much air flowing through the case that your PC is very slightly lighter in weight! Heh heh

Copons

One Finger Death Punch can't detect my mouse and thinks I'm using a gamepad for some reason, so it won't show the cursor in game. Weird!

I've played it all with a controller, so I dunno, but still: do you even need the cursor in game?

I mean, you're supposed to ONLY click the left or right button, no matter where the cursor is (
also IIRC there's an ingame hint saying that it doesn't matter the cursor position :D
), as there's no movement involved at all...

aku:jiki

I've played it all with a controller, so I dunno, but still: do you even need the cursor in game?

I mean, you're supposed to ONLY click the left or right button, no matter where the cursor is (
also IIRC there's an ingame hint saying that it doesn't matter the cursor position :D
), as there's no movement involved at all...
Dude still needs to navigate the map and menus. Controller setup for the game is left stick + X/B.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Reposting this

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (TronLight, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Wasteland 2 -- MB-797AF78E128F2E65

t1405472974z1.png

aku:jiki

Thought the Risen 3 screenshots looked alright until I saw the lizard thing texture
Are the previous Risens worth a look? I tried one and my character woke up on a beach and then I was killed by rabid ostriches while trying to loot some corpses. So, yeah, seemed pretty good.

Sub Zero

Wasteland 2 has been a huge disappointment for me so far. Don't know how much the final release that is a month away will differ from the current build, but it's really not impressive at all. Makes you wonder where all that money went especially If you compare it to Divinity Original Sin that had half the budget

Wasteland 2 has been a huge disappointment for me so far. Don't know how much the final release that is a month away will differ from the current build, but it's really not impressive at all. Makes you wonder where all that money went especially If you compare it to Divinity Original Sin that had half the budget

I'm probably completely wrong here but was the wasteland 2 team a completely new team that had to develop their own engine (that's also being used for the new torment game)? while the divinity team was a more established team that most likely were able to take advantage of existing resources (or cheaper labour costs?)

Divinity OS had been in the works for years and had extra funding outside of the Kickstarter.

Keep in mind OS was early access as well and had a massive boost in graphical quality a few weeks before launch as well as numerous tweaks even to the first area until the day it came out.

Are the previous Risens worth a look? I tried one and my character woke up on a beach and then I was killed by rabid ostriches while trying to loot some corpses. So, yeah, seemed pretty good.
The first Risen was similar to the Gothic games in terms of scale even if it wasn't quite the upgrade I was hoping for. Risen 2 is a lot more linear and just seems kind of shit overall. I didn't put much time into it though so maybe it gets better. The main issue I have with the games is they have the same laughably horrible combat system they've been using since the second Gothic game with nearly the exact same animations from Gothic 3 that were bad when that came out.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Wait, so the game transforms for the entire community, set by the tempo of the most hardcore psychopaths? Guess I better get in as early as possible. I also greatly misunderstood the nature of the statues from an earlier presentation since you need some kind of rare coin to utilize them. HYPE IS PLUMMETING.
Glad I only got this from farming cards.

derExperte

Risen 1 is considered to be better than 2 but 2 has more hand-holding that helps beginners and 1 severely loses steam in the last third. I like them both for different reasons and imo it's worth it to invest the few hours necessary to get your bearings in 1. You'll die a lot but once the game clicks it's one of the better Euro-RPGs.

Yakkue

Wait, so the game transforms for the entire community, set by the tempo of the most hardcore psychopaths?

I really hope you can turn that off, sounds like an awful idea if you can't (but would be interesting as long as it's optional).

Dr Dogg

Completely forgot Abyss Odyessy is out today. Today is looking up in many fronts already.

It's okay: the DLC was exclusive to pre-orders save for Russia (which I'm guessing was a mistake), but I'll soon snap up the physical HE nonetheless since it's (relatively) cheap at 20 Britishbucks.

No worries. Let me know if you need a Retail Games Mule to save you an arm and a leg in shipping. Well unless you're fond of Steelbooks and cheapo wristband accessories seeing as the CD Key really is the only bit of value.

If you want extremely close to Dunder prices now that he has closed up shop go to this Gaffer here.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121073971&postcount=14056

Fast transaction and he has a couple Witcher 3's left at $18.

Wasn't he one of the guys who were selling Valiant Hearts for $10? Hmmm

He had much higher prices earlier with a huge profit, especially since he's russian, but lowered his prices when he realized that Liezryou offered the same games for way better prices.
I normally doesnt do this and sorry for the harsh words (trying to stay out of the GAF selling bizniz), but gotta say I hope you guys contact Liezryou first, a great guy.

Also, note that they're both selling the RU tagged Witcher 3, don't expect to get ROW leftovers for that price.

Sub Zero

I'm probably completely wrong here but was the wasteland 2 team a completely new team that had to develop their own engine (that's also being used for the new torment game)? while the divinity team was a more established team that most likely were able to take advantage of existing resources (or cheaper labour costs?)

I'm not sure about that. What I know is that they hired some people who worked on the first Wasteland after reaching some of their kickstarter goals

Divinity OS had been in the works for years and had extra funding outside of the Kickstarter.

Keep in mind OS was early access as well and had a massive boost in graphical quality a few weeks before launch as well as numerous tweaks even to the first area until the day it came out.

You are right. Divinity Original Sin though took advantage of the early access model a lot better than W2.Their updates were frequent and even though only the first Act was open it still gave you a pretty good idea about how the game is going to turn out. Can't say the same thing about Wasteland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom