• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

aku:jiki

Well, it still is in early access, so I'd say no. I don't like this notion of paying to beta test.
This is also valid. EA must not be supported.

The nice thing about "EA" meaning both Early Access and Electronic Arts is that clarifications of which one you're talking about aren't really necessary, since they're both bullshit.

Hugstable

Banned
Finally got to the much screenshoted "Rose of Remembrance" scene in Witcher 2. I didn't realize it was so close to the beginning of the game.

Geralt showing sexual emotion is....creepy.

I thought Rose of Rememberance was atleast halfway through for some reason? I haven't played Witcher 3 since like 2012 though haha -_-. I really need to do my Roche playthrough before 3 comes out.

I guess. But there's times when Unity gets in the way of what could be a 1:1 Uncharted clone (albit with poor English/story) and that's really the biggest shame. They'd have to:

-Drop the melee
-Drop Unity
-Rework the traversal system
-Maybe re-work the gunplay, but that isn't such a huge deal since it's a "my first third person shooter" clipping issue

Oh and:

-DROP THE DAMN CAR CHASES

Otherwise it wouldn't be that bad.

From what i saw about the game its like everything besides that platforming. Yeah scrap the whole game and make a new one. Then it would be good.

Could be said about every bad game ever made.

I thought Rose of Rememberance was atleast halfway through for some reason? I haven't played Witcher 3 since like 2012 though haha -_-. I really need to do my Roche playthrough before 3 comes out.

Timetravel?

Arthea

Well, it still is in early access, so I'd say no. I don't like this notion of paying to beta test.

that's not even real problem, if people want to pay for this, let them, I have no problem with that. OTOH games seem to be stuck in EA forever, some, I doubt, ever will leave EA. That's real problem for all and those who paid for EA and those who are waiting for Finnish game.

Shadownet

Banned
tumblr_mejkhmNfyf1roxoq5o1_500.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for Bruce Wayne

If you win this, PM me afterward. Goodluck! (You're getting a copy once preorder is available)

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadownet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Batman Arkham Knight -- MB-E9C33E1E6E3647AD - Taken by Man Puncher. 160 entrants total.

t1406206296z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It's during the first chapter (Flotsam, that is, not the prologue).

I should probably clarify. I'm not talking about the actual
'memory restore-y'
part. More the part where Triss makes here clothes disappear and Geralt goes to pound town.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mejkhmNfyf1roxoq5o1_500.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Brace yourselves, Modbot giveaways are coming.

Corpekata

Banned
Chances are if someone is asking about "How is this game that's obviously still in Early Access?" they aren't looking for the opinions of "I hate early access" folks. Guessing they're wanting to hear from someone that's maybe played it.

Might as well get this started....

Underrated game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for MMBosstones86:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MMBosstones86, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Hitman : Absolution -- MB-6807119D5FB17CBD - Taken by Bel_Air_Jeff

Deitus

Shit, if i wasn't already 2 games behind in the batman series then i would jump all over that. great giveaway.

There's plenty of time between now and when Arkham Knight comes out to beat City, and Oranges is a prequel, so you can easily skip that.

Edit: Awesome giveaway by the way Shadownet

Shit, if i wasn't already 2 games behind in the batman series then i would jump all over that. great giveaway.

Play them. They are surprisingly good.

There's plenty of time between now and when Arkham Knight comes out to beat City, and Oranges is a prequel, so you can easily skip that.

Oranges was good. Only had one problem. That was the fucking
Joker
. Rest was very good.

I wish Valve implemented a way to tag the games in my own library, only being able to assign one category isn't much pratical.

that's not even real problem, if people want to pay for this, let them, I have no problem with that. OTOH games seem to be stuck in EA forever, some, I doubt, ever will leave EA. That's real problem for all and those who paid for EA and those who are waiting for Finnish game.

It's a real problem but I think it's easy to identify if a game is going to be for a long time in EA, I just ask myself the following questions:

- How big is the scope of the game?
- What they promises to implement during the Early Access?
- Is it the first developer's game?
- Did the developer previously worked with Early Access?

Hugstable

Banned

Yeah City isn't too long either, even though it takes place in a giant city. I still have to give Oranges a try sometime before Arkham Knight comes out, but alot of impressions turned me off the game, and I just bought it during the summer sale just for that Mr. Freeze DLC lol.

sheaaaa

Some spares, if anyone's interested.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (sheaaaa, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Thief Gold -- MB-67F41B917577CA5C
Kami -- MB-036C7ECD83C62294
Anachronox -- MB-2F4FCECE23095EFE - Taken by lfvgt. 3 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-362D9ECB58C27F25 - Taken by WisK. 4 entrants total.

t1406121815z1.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
An actual Steam copy

ModBot 2 said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Stallion Free, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Mirror's Edge -- MB-761B91B87D8DD9C6 - Taken by Interfectum

Shadownet

Banned
Yeah City isn't too long either, even though it takes place in a giant city. I still have to give Oranges a try sometime before Arkham Knight comes out, but alot of impressions turned me off the game, and I just bought it during the summer sale just for that Mr. Freeze DLC lol.

Is that Cold Cold Butt DLC any good?

Strazyplus

heres some oldies

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Strazyplus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

ulgzbKC.png
Introversion Bundle (Desura) -- MB-76FB6844AF79A6AC - Taken by Majukun

ulgzbKC.png
Dungeons of Dredmor (Desura) -- MB-FD70389964330A50 - Taken by Melhisedek

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tower Wars -- MB-BF2A9493145362D5 - Taken by fernandes. 4 entrants total.
SpaceChem -- MB-3B3678FD54F41D67
The Whispered World -- MB-5EB05C5014E8C9D0 - Taken by Yrael. 1 entrants total.

t1406122058z1.png

I was totally in the process of giving games anyway >__>
Thanks for the chance.
Might as well get this started....
Underrated game.
Damn, just when I was changing my avatar on steam.
It's... Odd. Not much of a game. Heavy on atmosphere through visual distotion. I didn't dig it.
That's not a bad thing for me actually. I love exploring and walking sims for personal reasons the most. There's a reason why miasmata is my numero uno on the wishlist.
I'll wait though, maybe I'll win it in a giveaway as none of the others are to my liking.
Thanks for your impressions!

JaseC

It's a real problem but I think it's easy to identify if a game is going to be for a long time in EA, I just ask myself the following questions:

- How big is the scope of the game?
- What they promises to implement during the Early Access?
- Is it the first developer's game?
- Did the developer previously worked with Early Access?

If an Early Access game has a DDE or the Early Access price is significantly less than the intended final price then I'll endeavour to pick it up sooner rather than later, otherwise I'm happy to wait until it's on sale.

Sendou

Giving away my (lovingly) backed copy of Wasteland 2 just because I'm not really feeling RPG's right now. Didn't even properly start Divinity yet. Even if I started a RPG frenzy I have so many good RPG's in my backlog that I think it makes more sense to give this away for someone that is looking forward to the game a bit more. The code unlocks beta on Steam but if for any reason it doesn't automatically turn to the full version when it is released then I'll sort that out then. EDIT: It does. Thanks JaseC.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sendou, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Wasteland 2 -- MB-9A2429461E739A5F - Taken by Ventara. 85 entrants total.

t1406131956z1.png

JaseC

Sorry to have mislead people, but this seems to be the next Indie Royale:

I'll snap this up if I get in early. Doomed'n'Damned is $10 on Desura.

Giving away my (lovingly) backed copy of Wasteland 2 just because I'm not really feeling RPG's right now. Didn't even properly start Divinity yet. Even if I started a RPG frenzy I have so many good RPG's in my backlog that I think it makes more sense to give this away for someone that is looking forward to the game a bit more. The code unlocks beta on Steam but if for any reason it doesn't automatically turn to the full version when it is released then I'll sort that out then.

There's only one Wasteland 2 app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom