• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is already dead.

E3EpuH8.gif

Turfster

Daily Red Faction Franchise 90% off
Weekend
  • Transistor 33% off
  • Orcs Must Die Franchise 75% off

Humble Store Daily System Shock 2 80% off

AHA-Lambda

No discount on Transistor OST?

Why does that seem to be a trend? I'm sure I remember it taking longer for Hotline Miami's OST to drop in price too.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
The only proof seems to be the developer isn't very communicative, which he has been from the start.

It seems like the game was getting significant updates, but has been silent for the past month.

Seems to be the case. Someone in the thread mentioned that the series is in Licence hell that causes difficulty for putting the original PC versions up on Steam.

I am not familiar with the series so take that information with a grain of salt.

That's sad, i've been wanting a good rally game for a long time. I have the Dirts and used to play Rally Cross on the PS1 all the time.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Well, it looks like I missed the sale on HL2. Great timing to dive into Steam. /s

I finally have a decent computer (and a 2650x1440p), so I'm trying out Steam and familiarizing myself with how it works. I was eager to try out the copies of HL2 and the Episode Pack that I (stupidly) bought second-hand last year, and found that they're now useless.

Is there any chance that HL2 and/or the Chapters will be available free/on-sale anytime soon, or should I just bite the bullet?

Caerith

This is several hours late, but I wanted to add something to the mouse talk since this just happened to me. My mouse recently started acting up, with the involuntary double clicks and not maintaining a drag and drop action. This happens when the clicker (called a microswitch) starts to go wonky on you. You can replace these fairly easily if you don't mind doing a little soldering, but mine was actually really easy to fix; you open up the mouse and you dab a drop of WD-40 (or the generic Walmart offbrand version) in there on the white clicky bit. I only just did this yesterday, so fingers crossed it keeps working but I was pretty happy not to have to do any real work to fix or replace my mouse.

Logitech, huh?

I just fixed my G500's left click last night. I mostly followed the instructions here (at least on getting it back together again) but the pictures here really helped for getting it open, especially this one:

To fix it, all I did was remove the copper spring and put it back in. It clicked a lot more solidly than before, making me think it had simply come loose. I didn't need to bend or straighten it, didn't need to burnish it, didn't need to try lubing the clicker (it wasn't dirty). I only needed to be very careful about not dropping the clicker or spring.

Oh, and since there was all the "which mouse should I get" talk earlier, I really love my G500 (corded).

An-Det

No discount on Transistor OST?

Why does that seem to be a trend? I'm sure I remember it taking longer for Hotline Miami's OST to drop in price too.

Looks like the deal on the OST and combo just took a few minutes to apply. I get what you mean though, since I'm the kind of person who will always buy the game with the OST if available. Especially for Transister, since I love what I've heard of it so far.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, it looks like I missed the sale on HL2. Great timing to dive into Steam. /s

I finally have a decent computer (and a 2650x1440p), so I'm trying out Steam and familiarizing myself with how it works. I was eager to try out the copies of HL2 and the Episode Pack that I (stupidly) bought second-hand last year, and found that they're now useless.

Is there any chance that HL2 and/or the Chapters will be available free/on-sale anytime soon, or should I just bite the bullet?

If you don't mind paying a little less than $5 more than you would if you were to wait, you can get four TF2 keys from the Community Market and buy a copy from here.

Pudge

For some reason, I still have Windows 8 on my laptop, and I tried running Idle Master on it and it just pops up a big error stating that "This app can't run on your PC". I have Windows 7 on my actual gaming PC, so I'm sure it will run fine there, but I figured I could pick up some cards during work :/

bakeray

jshackles; I ran Idle on Really Big Sky for 4-5 hrs and never received a drop, thought it was maybe it just being stingy. I skipped it to Speedrunners and left it run overnight, didn't get a drop there either. I didn't have Steam running when I did so, am I supposed to leave it running while I run Idle? Or am I just unlucky and these games are notoriously stingy? O would there be something commonly shared between the two preventing drops?

I don't care one way or another, just figured I'd post and give you some data if it's not me being stupid and forgetting something, I was using version 0.2 with Steam closed.

thanks again for the app.

Half-Life 2 goes on sale all the damn time. At the least, holiday sales will get the Half-Life Complete pack for cheap.

Backlogger

For some reason, I still have Windows 8 on my laptop, and I tried running Idle Master on it and it just pops up a big error stating that "This app can't run on your PC". I have Windows 7 on my actual gaming PC, so I'm sure it will run fine there, but I figured I could pick up some cards during work :/

Can you provide a screen shot? Is it the security warning where if you click More Info it lets you bypass the warning and run it?

I have 8.1 and it works fine.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Half-Life 2 goes on sale all the damn time. At the least, holiday sales will get the Half-Life Complete pack for cheap.

Thanks! That's what I'm hearing. I think I'll pick up the main game for starters and go from there.

MRORANGE: Thanks for the incredible OP. I'm going to rely on that!

chronomac

This is my favorite game in the Red Faction franchise. Enjoy (especially the pass and play multiplayer mode):
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Red Faction Guerrilla -- MB-29F3D0492407DB51 - Taken by pupo. 5 entrants total.

t1406827882z1.png

Caerith

jshackles; I ran Idle on Really Big Sky for 4-5 hrs and never received a drop, thought it was maybe it just being stingy. I skipped it to Speedrunners and left it run overnight, didn't get a drop there either. I didn't have Steam running when I did so, am I supposed to leave it running while I run Idle? Or am I just unlucky and these games are notoriously stingy? O would there be something commonly shared between the two preventing drops?

I don't care one way or another, just figured I'd post and give you some data if it's not me being stupid and forgetting something, I was using version 0.2 with Steam closed.

Just looking at your Steam profile, it looks like you didn't actually run Really Big Sky or Speedrunners. For whatever reason, start.exe must not be launching steam-idle.exe-- are all the files in the same folder and you're using the most recent version?

Manik

Doesn't Steam need to be open and logged in?

Double

Nice, the Master idled my first to foils with the last batch of 12 cards. One is 14 cents :( the other 24 =)

STEAM | August 2014-4 – All hail to the Idle M@ster

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah, I kinda figured as much but I wanted to ask before I ran them both, trying to minimize the chance of bans and all that. If it was in the documentation I must have skipped over it.

The program integrates with Steam. No client running means no way to relay the in-game status as reported by Idle Master to Valve's servers, thus no card drops.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Ah, I kinda figured as much but I wanted to ask before I ran them both, trying to minimize the chance of bans and all that. If it was in the documentation I must have skipped over it.

Eh, back when people idled for hats in TF2 all that happened was that Valve gave a free hat to the people who didn't.

Toki767

Have some tits TitS on me.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Toki767, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky -- MB-359A4568C50875F8 - Taken by Tame. 77 entrants total.

t1406838562z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom