• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

finished 10000000 on my phone tonight at work, either the game is much shorter than the sequel, or its simply just much easier to play on a phone by sliding the tiles with your finger than with a mouse, I finished it (as in, I got a 10000000 run and escaped, technically you can play forever) in 3 hours, strangely how long to beat says the average is 6 so I must be amazing at match 3s >_>

Still a great game even if I Must Buil a Boat is just a better game overall (I have 5 hours in that on on steam and still havent finished it). Ill probably start it up on my phone aswell now and play simultaneous

That's pretty damn good, it took me like three times as long as that and a friend of mine took even longer.

Wok

I bought INSIDE for 18€ from the Humble store and I am sitting in front of a blank page.

nzgXUkf.png

Amazing.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Did you try it?
is there a hope it get fixed later?

Tried it via Family Share and what I played was pretty weak. From what I've read the game got downgrades along the way visually and gameplaywise.. No idea if they plan on fixing it further but its out of Early Access so who knows?

I thought of it like a more lifeless Dynasty Warrior ish game with a Batman like counter system and pretty basic art and level design.

Turning 30 today, time to lose some weight

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Serious Sam: The Random Encounter -- MB-FA311DE74E7EE6A9 - Taken by neonglow. 2 entrants total.
Aquaria -- MB-68F2711F4BE434E7 - Taken by Glitchesarecool. 6 entrants total.
Air Guardians -- MB-36B29A8B37E83F6C - Taken by Haunted. 2 entrants total.
Serious Sam: Double D -- MB-E38C4459CFD328DE - Taken by Mikurden. 1 entrants total.
Serious Sam 2 -- MB-99E498630C55DA16 - Taken by voodooray. 4 entrants total.
Waking Mars -- MB-6330E09558B9DB00 - Taken by fallout. 3 entrants total.
Puzzle Agent -- MB-103D834282AE7C29
Outcast: Walden and the Werewolf -- MB-E666B109228A8904

t1467923186z1.png

Jadax

I remember playing Evolve when it came out, was quite fun.

The biggest complaint I had with the game was that it got boring very fast, which is weird because I love several similar games (e.g. L4D2, CSS etc.)

Good plan, I always buy more than necessary when prices are low and then don't have to worry for the next five years.
[/URL]

I'd like to do this, but I'm currently rocking 2500k / 8GB DDR3 and it doesn't make sense to upgrade to more GB of DDR3 if I'll likely need to upgrade my mobo in the future, which will almost certainly take DDR4 (or 5 if I push long enough for that to come around.)

fallout

I saw this email subject from Humble and thought it meant that XCOM was DRM-free:

Save 40% on XCOM 2 as the DRM Freedom sale continues!

derExperte

Unfinished: Battlefield 1 Closed Alpha

I'd like to do this, but I'm currently rocking 2500k / 8GB DDR3 and it doesn't make sense to upgrade to more GB of DDR3 if I'll likely need to upgrade my mobo in the future, which will almost certainly take DDR4 (or 5 if I push long enough for that to come around.)

I doubt DDR3 will become much cheaper so you should be able to sell it without a big loss in 2-3 years, sometimes in the past the outdated RAM type even started to gain value when supply decreased.

Monooboe

Ugh, I quicksaved in Fallout 4 just as a projectile was flying towards me, so I die the instant I reload... damn it sucks to go to an old save.T_T

I doubt DDR3 will become much cheaper so you should be able to sell it without a big loss in 2-3 years, sometimes in the past the outdated RAM type even started to gain value when supply decreased.

I haven't done much selling of parts. I used to just horde them for a second lesser computer but the use for one has outgrown its self.

Is eBay the best idea? I have a GTX560 and a 460 that are doing nothing right now.

Ugh, I quicksaved in Fallout 4 just as a projectile was flying towards me, so I die the instant I reload... damn it sucks to go to an old save.T_T

There's a delay between when the load picks up and when the screen comes on, during which you should be able to pause. Are there any chems you could pop?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Aquaria's a really good game, highly recommend it.

Aquaria. The game so nice I bought it thrice (original release via the official site -> Steam -> Humble Bundle). Which reminds me:

I might fire off an e-mail to Derek Yu (the artistic half of Bit-blot) and see if he'll consider making cards for Aquaria.

Edit: And done.

I never did hear back. :sadcloud:

zkylon

zkylewd
reminds me of the old max payne days on max difficulty of just quicksaving every 2 steps and then getting stuck on a bad save lol

i think it's in ur best interest to hard save A LOT on rpgs, specially those that tend to be buggy. my personal rule is one hard save every time i enter a new area and one hard save before talking to every major npc. i nuke like 300 saves every now and then but it really helps not ever lose much progress

i've done this with new vegas, witcha, mass effect, pillars, etc.

i recommend it!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I was on PC, he was on phone. Did you manage to grind all the upgrades in three hours? Or did you just have an epic run?

all the upgrades yeah. 3 hours is what the credit screen said, may have been a little longer, not much longer since it was all in 1 work shift last night and half the time I was working anyway

Deques

Aquaria. The game so nice I bought it thrice (original release via the official site -> Steam -> Humble Bundle). Which reminds me:

I never did hear back. :sadcloud:

Maybe it takes another three years to get an answer? Have you tried twitter?

zkylon

zkylewd
disgaea is kind of growing on me now since they've cooled it down with the shitty levels and it's been smooth sailing for the last 3 chapters so i've gotten a ton of story stuff which is kind of what really matters about this game

i'm still bummed out that it's not a better game but good srpgs are rare, sadly

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Aquaria was super dope, especially at a time where metroidvanias (yes, ill keep using the term) were a rarity.

probably dosnt hold up well today :/

Monooboe

There's a delay between when the load picks up and when the screen comes on, during which you should be able to pause. Are there any chems you could pop?

I noticed and managed to level up a perk where I took 30% less damage and survived the blast.:D Pheeeew! Still stuck in a what feels like endless waves of robots that get harder and harder.T_T

reminds me of the old max payne days on max difficulty of just quicksaving every 2 steps and then getting stuck on a bad save lol

i think it's in ur best interest to hard save A LOT on rpgs, specially those that tend to be buggy. my personal rule is one hard save every time i enter a new area and one hard save before talking to every major npc. i nuke like 300 saves every now and then but it really helps not ever lose much progress

i've done this with new vegas, witcha, mass effect, pillars, etc.

i recommend it!

Haha yeah I used to be very good at having tons of hardsaves, I think I just cocky and relied too much on just quicksave.XD

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

My mind's eye told me that the game had something of a consistent discount history, but Steam Sales says it hasn't been discounted in three years, which doesn't bode well. Similarly, the soundtrack was being prepped for sale, however it never surfaced for some reason, even though it can be bought on Bandcamp to this day. Given that it's Holowka who uploaded the OST to Bandcamp, I'd say it's he who oversees the game's presence on Steam -- or rather, used to. But there's no point in asking him about cards when it's Yu who'd have to do the art, and so here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom