• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

Ugh, I quicksaved in Fallout 4 just as a projectile was flying towards me, so I die the instant I reload... damn it sucks to go to an old save.T_T

Really, if you exclusively use quicksave then you're just asking for that to happen lol.
I usually use at least three different hardsaves if possible that i use in successive order, i.e. Save 1 --> 2 --> 3 -->1 --> 2 --> 3 in case one of them gets corrupted or something.

Two very traumatic save experiences i had where the following two:
One time i was playing Crash Bandicoot 3 on my PSX when i was saving and suddenly a message popped up recommending me to reformat my Memory Card. I didn't really paid attention so i just hit yes.

All my saves where gone. The Crash Bandicoot Trilogy that i nearly 100%ed. My Spyro saves. EVERYTHING.

I don't remember precisely, but i think i cried.

The other time i was playing The Hobbit on PS2. I was stuck at a point where i had to fight a spider, but wasn't able to do it because i didn't understood how to use a certain mechanic or something. So i started a new game in order to revisit the tutorial area and learn that. Then i came across a savepoint in th tutorial and started saving, cos that's what you do at savepoints, right? Yea right. I never touched that game again, afterwards. I don't think it was a good game anyways.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
My mind's eye told me that the game had something of a consistent discount history, but Steam Sales says it hasn't been discounted in three years, which doesn't bode well. Similarly, the soundtrack was being prepped for sale, however it never surfaced for some reason, even though it can be bought on Bandcamp to this day. Given that it's Holowka who uploaded the OST to Bandcamp, I'd say it's he who oversees the game's presence on Steam -- or rather, used to. But there's no point in asking him about cards when it's Yu who'd have to do the art, and so here we are.

We need to create some insane scheme where we hook them up again to be the bestest of buds to get some Steam cards and a sequel.

Wok

I did not feel the Denuvo DRM inside INSIDE when I launched it. Pretty transparent if you ask me.

Edit: I am surrounded by bundles posted by some Simpson guy dressed in green and drinking a beer. I will go and post what I want to play tomorrow:

Monooboe

Really, if you exclusively use quicksave then you're just asking for that to happen lol.
I usually use at least three different hardsaves if possible that i use in successive order, i.e. Save 1 --> 2 --> 3 -->1 --> 2 --> 3 in case one of them gets corrupted or something.

Haha yeah I do blame myself.XD Games today have been good at having a bunch of autosaves and such so I've settled into a routine where I quicksave while playing and when I close the game I make a hardsave and I usually have around ten different ones. Also of course I make a hardsave when I feel like something big is going to happen.

Two very traumatic save experiences i had where the following two:
One time i was playing Crash Bandicoot 3 on my PSX when i was saving and suddenly a message popped up recommending me to reformat my Memory Card. I didn't really paid attention so i just hit yes.

All my saves where gone. The Crash Bandicoot Trilogy that i nearly 100%ed. My Spyro saves. EVERYTHING.

I don't remember precisely, but i think i cried.

Ouch! Luckily the worst I've lost was all my saved games to finished games that I had on a harddrive that I formatted. I saved them most for games like Witcher and Dragon Age where one could import the save. Still, in the end didn't seem to matter too much.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Last Baron, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Serious Sam: The Random Encounter -- MB-FA311DE74E7EE6A9 - Taken by neonglow. 2 entrants total.
Aquaria -- MB-68F2711F4BE434E7 - Taken by Glitchesarecool. 6 entrants total.
Air Guardians -- MB-36B29A8B37E83F6C - Taken by Haunted. 2 entrants total.
Serious Sam: Double D -- MB-E38C4459CFD328DE - Taken by Mikurden. 1 entrants total.
Serious Sam 2 -- MB-99E498630C55DA16 - Taken by voodooray. 4 entrants total.
Waking Mars -- MB-6330E09558B9DB00 - Taken by fallout. 3 entrants total.
Puzzle Agent -- MB-103D834282AE7C29
Outcast: Walden and the Werewolf -- MB-E666B109228A8904

t1467923186z1.png

Ozium

the salty tears in the evolve steam forums are great... "I dont want to play with these f2p plebs, make an area only for founders"

because that worked so well last time lmao

Purkake4

Banned
the salty tears in the evolve steam forums are great... "I dont want to play with these f2p plebs, make an area only for founders"

because that worked so well last time lmao
I mean, I'd be mad as well. It's not the customers' fault that 2K fucked up and killed the game.

Wok

I lost my Crash Bandicoot save on PSX, and I had not written down the equivalent password. It was 94% completion or something like that. The best I achieved with a new save was 91% or so, but I could never redo what I first did.

bjaelke

No, I'd feel cheated out of money. I hope they do give the original owners something at least. TF2 gave you a nice special badge, I think.

“What about those who paid for Evolve? What about Season Passers?”

Anyone who owns classic Evolve will be given “Founder” status in the new free version, and all the content you already own comes with you to the new version. As long as we work on Evolve, we will show our appreciation for our committed fans and early adopters with gifts, rewards, and special access. Why? Because you believed like we did, and we will never forget that.

T-Matt

Cleared out my humble bundle extras. Enjoy.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (T-Matt, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dreamcast collection -- MB-AC5A61F1B384548F - Taken by Vazra
Door Kickers -- MB-562CB0D27615AD57 - Taken by Nabs
t1cxE6r.gif
Remember Me -- MB-7BC743CD832F3F66 - Taken by Costa1774
Last Remnant -- MB-DFBC6726B33AA32A - Taken by dimmer

Outlast -- MB-BC0571B414E26E64 - Taken by Zacagawea
Vanguard princess -- MB-D9DC586288B53A4F
Outlast #2 -- MB-CCC77C22890150B4 - Taken by Judge Magister Zexion
t1cxE6r.gif
Darkness II -- MB-FA7D3CC043069FFF - Taken by Purkake4
Monaco -- MB-36D01C1E7598DFF9 - Taken by Hakkelus
Unepic -- MB-842FF93AFDA5DAE5 - Taken by Snakethesniper
One way heroics -- MB-2F315ACD5A1369ED - Taken by fifasnipe2224
La Mulana -- MB-F1E6F1B2033E3C37 - Taken by neonglow
Bionic commando rearmed -- MB-851B492ADC72B4F4 - Taken by Jadax
Sonic racing transformed -- MB-6D39B1C13E76C764 - Taken by Fitts

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
We need to create some insane scheme where we hook them up again to be the bestest of buds to get some Steam cards and a sequel.

I think they were collaborating on some sort of puppet or mannequin game that never really went anywhere. If memory serves, they organised or otherwise attended some sort of function for local indie devs and screened a pre-rendered teaser. I'm sure someone here knows what I'm woefully describing.

Wasnt it an updated ver than a sequel?
Also welcome back <3

Oh jase remember girl and robot from that one greenlight bundle or whatever? It is releasing soon according to the dev

Yeah, I think it was part of some Indie Gala bundle and that's it. Not a bad buy. ;)

JaseC back with saoirse makes me all warm and tingly.

Haha, I suppose you'd say I'm feeling a little nostalgic. If everything had gone to plan, I'd today be posting from a hotel in the US instead of my shed.

Nabs

PM me if there's something wrong with the key(s):

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Giana Sisters: Dream Runners -- MB-CA3427512AD85D07 - Taken by Kurt Russell
Heaven's Hope -- MB-2D215D5E52653FC4 - Taken by redlacs

Guess I'll try modbot

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mackenzie 92, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

The Last Federation -- MB-94D838B76176104E - Taken by Roddslayer

Tizoc

I think they were collaborating on some sort of puppet or mannequin game that never really went anywhere. If memory serves, they organised or otherwise attended some sort of function for local indie devs and screened a pre-rendered teaser. I'm sure someone here knows what I'm woefully describing.

Yeah, I think it was part of some Indie Gala bundle and that's it. Not a bad buy. ;)

Haha, I suppose you'd say I'm feeling a little nostalgic. If everything had gone to plan, I'd today be posting from a hotel in the US instead of my shed.

Blargh, I spent 15 minutes tryingto remember WHICH bundleI got it from :V
Yeah it was fro Indiegala greenlight bundle.
I hope we get a Steam key >_>;

so with the new Evolve F2P model did they give everyone the Hunting Season 2 characters and monster (or at least to the original Season Pass owners)?

It is listed in my DLC for the new version of Evolve but I never bought that Hunting Season 2 stuff...so I dunno if it was free for original Season Pass owners this whole time or if it's new with this "founder" stuff they are doing

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I love the art style on The Lion's Song

JaseC

Follow-up regarding INSIDE:

I bought a Steam key from Humble store and activated it tonight. The game appeared as "Project 2" when I activated the key. Ditto in the Steam account information. However, the game does appear in my library, I can play it, it is just that it does not appear on my Steam profile. No hour count, no achievement.

I found a camarade: http://steamcommunity.com/app/304430/discussions/0/365172547937482166/#c365172547937983432

The game was uploaded as Project 2 so as to protect against registry leaks, and the app still has the section_type = ownersonly flag applied, which limits the public broadcasting of Steam Community-related activity.

Nothing ever goes like it's supposed to. I know the feeling :(

The one degree of silver lining, as faint as it is, is that I was able to get a partial refund on my Crucible ticket by playing the "I'm an Aussie and stores that sell to Aussies are technically governed by Aussie consumer law" card. I've no intention to resume game collecting and instead would like to travel somewhere either roughly this time next year or perhaps even circa Christmas. Ideally I'd like to be able to attend a film festival and see snow in real life -- "two birds with one stone" and all that.

Wok

The game was uploaded as Project 2 so as to protect against registry leaks, and the app still has the section_type = ownersonly flag applied, which limits the public broadcast of Steam Community-related activity.

Thanks.

Mikurden

Sadly, no, that's not it -- the hacking is what distinguished it from other games like it, but I feel like it was first-and-foremost still an action shooter of some kind (Mega Man? Metroid? Contra?), and likely a side-scrolling one at that (and it's not Axiom Verge). (I appreciate the PM in case I missed your post, but I figured I'd respond here in case anyone else was interested, which is also why I'll post it if I ever stumble upon it again, even if it's a long time from now.)

Jadax

Final should have been Italy-France, but groups didn't allow it.

France-Portugal will be a boring 1-sided affair. Ronaldo will throw a tantrum when they lose. Ronaldo fans will jump to his defence whilst haters will once again compare him to Messi. Meh. I will be sitting here happy because Conte is starting next week.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I was gone for a while because of teaching. What caused Shadownet to get permabanned?

None of his bans were done by me, but the short version is coming off a ban with perm warning and immediately complaining about how all the mods are biased. Don't worry, everyone who gets permed (including Shadownet) re-registers a few days later anyway.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
None of his bans were done by me, but the short version is coming off a ban with perm warning and immediately complaining about how all the mods are biased. Don't worry, everyone who gets permed (including Shadownet) re-registers a few days later anyway.

LOL

I always wondered if the blatant alt accounts after bans thought mods wouldnt notice it, thanks for confirming that they obviously do

I don't really know how to do this, since Modbot only works unredeemed codes. I have an extra Xcom Enemy Unknown and Amnesia The Dark Descent in my inventory if anyone wants them?

Also can you do trades through the mobile app? My home internet is so poor I can't actually access my inventory from the wifi.

Speevy

Banned

Oh okay. Thank you for info.

JaseC

LOL

I always wondered if the blatant alt accounts after bans thought mods wouldnt notice it, thanks for confirming that they obviously do

My original account was swept away in the mass flood that is the infamous Epic Mickey thread. I have since copped a short ban for letting my emotions get the better of me in the thread within which it was revealed that Alan Wake runs at 540p (the game was the high-profile exclusive of the moment, so much like that Uncharted 4 thread, particularly zealous fans were quick to attack any and all forms of criticism, including delineations of gameplay issues), but have otherwise been a good boy.

Amusingly, this somewhat echoes my Steam account history as my current account is also not my original one (one of my mates changed the password while I was on holiday and I could neither reset the password [I'd switched ISPs] nor prove ownership [I no longer had the physical Half-Life key and never bought anything from the store]).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom