• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Is there any benefit to putting money in my Steam Wallet rather than paying for each game normally?

Other than self-control and speed?

I already answered this question earlier today, but may as well do it again.
Only reason if there are some awesome deals (or price mistakes) and steam is struggling with amount of processing purchases, steam money are more likely to go through at such times, especially if price mistakes are fixed fast, and they are usually)

JustLynx

My first give :p
Good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Longest Journey -- MB-00315F25022D4F65 - Taken by Majukun. 6 entrants total.

t1403205341z1.png

dani_dc

I watched the series for the first time a week or two ago, and I had that moment spoiled for me because of that gif.
"Hm, I recgonize this frame...where was it from? ... Oh yeah that Steam sales thing... fuck
the colossal titan is going to appear behind Eren
."

(All of that happened in the window of 1-2 seconds).

I'm not even that hyped on buying games, I'm much more excited for whatever meta-game Valve have planned. They only did that achievement-tied rewards sale thing once right? Were there a bunch of games updated with achievements prior to that?

Zeknurn

Why would there be a summer sale thread when there's no summer sale? Are people really so compelled to post "LOL IM HYPED MYWALLET.GIF GABEN ALL DEM DEALS HOW I HOLD ALL THESE DEALS MY BACKLOG UGHHHH HNNNGH BASED LUBE.GIF U ALWAYS REMEMBER UR FIRST" or whatever that they need a dedicated thread to do it in, separate from this one?

Well now that you mention it, a dedicated thread for those kind of posts would be great. Thank you.

Finalow

I watched the series for the first time a week or two ago, and I had that moment spoiled for me because of that gif.
"Hm, I recgonize this frame...where was it from? ... Oh yeah that Steam sales thing... fuck
the colossal titan is going to appear behind Eren
."

(All of that happened in the window of 1-2 seconds).
it's ok, just drop the series and watch better animu.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Also it's worth putting money in your Steam wallet if you're planning on buying a lot of games throughout the sale, especially cheap ones.

Some banks will start blocking transactions if they see a lot of small purchases being made to the same company, since it can tip off their fraud protection mechanisms.

Parsnip

Everything on my wishlist needs a deep discount.
I guess I should actually check it and see if there's anything there that I should keep special eye out for.

Derp

Guys, if FTL goes on sale, should i buy it? Is it as good as everyone says it is? On a scale of 27 to Pancakes, what would you rate it?

Part of the game is apparently text-based and that worries me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
not only you beat poor sleep depraved person to answering question thoroughly, you haven't added me again, be it your way, I'm not gonna add you too!

i have no pending friend invites and ive never not accepted anyone so /shrug?

W1SSY

Guys, if FTL goes on sale, should i buy it? Is it as good as everyone says it is? On a scale of 27 to Pancakes, what would you rate it?

FTL is worth full price. If it goes on sale it is a steal. The text is to setup story stuff but is usually a paragraph or less of text.

_hekk05

Banned

Would rate it magenta with a tinge of purple

Tizoc

This is FTL in a nutshell
6ZjBa.jpg

Also it's worth putting money in your Steam wallet if you're planning on buying a lot of games throughout the sale, especially cheap ones.

Some banks will start blocking transactions if they see a lot of small purchases being made to the same company, since it can tip off their fraud protection mechanisms.

My bank called when I put $100 in my steam wallet and asked if I had really spent that much at a "video game arcade." Banks always be judging me

Volimar

Because you never learned to read? Check out a few vids before you buy it.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Fudge Gotta remember to grab keys in order to trade them for Witcher 3 in the near future. Witcher 3 is 12-13 keys correct?

If mods don't mind I'ma post some metal as we wait for the summer sale to begin
www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuGgEwxjAm0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZvpvz6IdAU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edU0CZUNJ_g
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmo5DIktiqI
www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2l8KtdQ7Ek

You ruined a great list of songs by posting that fake Dragonforce shit

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

It's a really great game. Part of it is text based, but there's still some combat.

Arthea

Everything on my wishlist needs a deep discount.
I guess I should actually check it and see if there's anything there that I should keep special eye out for.

It can happen, it almost happened to me at winter sale, I went from 50 games long wishlist, to 10 or something like that in matter of days. It was awesome, as if Valve looked to my wishlist for inspirations!

Just noticed you can remove free games (i.e. Floating Point, Reversion etc) now in the license + sub tab. Haven't been in all day though so probably old news by now.

Zeknurn

To all the people thinking about putting all their sale cash in the Steam Wallet, don't forget the previous years when Amazon, GMG and others had much better sales than Steam.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Going back to a post that joked about friend list being used for a game for collectables or something, I'm actually amazed that hasn't been done for Steam. On 3DS with Street Pass and the Miis, it's been quite enjoyable to do so for me with a shoot-em-up, a basic dungeon turn based game, and a random puzzle piece finder, and it would be true as well on Steam.

Get on that Valve, borrow some ideas from Nintendo.

Feel free to add me as well if you want. Especially if you play Pinball FX2. Your high scores motivate me to get better.
Though KenOD's are godlike and nearly unattainable.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/FiveElementNinja/

You can get better scores, you can beat me. I challenge you to do so, I challenge everyone to do so when Pinball FX2 tables get a sales price soon.

Make me fear for my high scores! Except the Iron Man and X-Men table, anyone who wants that can have it since I can't stand them.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Depends. If your Steam library is 250+ you probably have most everything that'll be on sale.
There is always stuff to get, so not really :p

2pm? Weird... but I guess if you don't have EDT then yes, it would be EDT+1... so 2pm.
I fail to see how that's weird, since Salsa is not in the US.

I finally climbed out of that Mario Kart 8 hole only to fall into a Destiny Alpha hole.

Then back into the MK8 hole.

What'd I miss? Summer Sale? Delisted game giveaways? Same Old Shit indie bundles?
Basically, plus The Club and the old Fallouts which were removed has been relisted.

My wife and I almost needed counseling after playing Donkey Kong Country Returns and SMBWii together, so this can be a double-edged sword.
lol, the betrayals that happened with NSBMWii, especially in the ice stages since the game saw fit to give just 1 penguin suit to 4 players XD

Ah! Thanks guys :p I think it'll be easier if i just drop this here then, as Jiggaloboy said :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/7he5tig
I thought the Stig never spoke :p
Also, regarding all the Steam users, there is this thread in community!

I'm sorry.
Yeah, that still hurts ;_;

Oh well 2pm EST? I'll be ready. Also didn't know about that combat mod for Witcher 2, so no reason not to boot up that baby. (Haven't started it yet)
1PM EST

eaKJzHJ.png

well shit

edit:

VSbRLrJ.png

well shit
Craft some badges you hobo.

also idk what's up with the xelios situation but I tried to add him, got rejected, then added him again and wrote a pm to him here saying I added him, got rejected again

I know he basically shut himself off everyone but I feel like I did something :(
We are all dead to Xelios :(

do you guys have like, such separate online personalities from your GAF profiles that it kills you to put the same name or avatar?

you bunch of famous people with online reputations you
Agreed, although you do have a couple different online handles :p

10 minutes into Just Cause 2 and I've already taken down a Chopper.

Yes, I like this game very much.
JC2 is excellent, I even played the demo *many* hours before I even got and played several hours in the game itself.

At least we know what his name is. :p
8BX11MQ.png
I do at least :p

Also, his vision is based on movement.
Does he have short arms too?

gurrls don't exist on the interweb tho
Whether salsa is one is still up to debate.

Fallout is back?!?
In pog form!

What did he get banned for?
Final Fantasy Explorers magazine scans.

I can't keep up anymore. And the actual sale thread? Nope.

Tapping out.
It's hard, but doable!
Pretty time consuming though D:

I want Mirror's Edge 2 to be on Steam :/
I'll be happy with just getting it relatively soon-ish.

I don't check the thread for a day and I'm so lost, why is everyone adding Salsa?
Is there some pre-sale madness going on?
Madness is the key word here.

Usually posting scans is a temp ban (unless something has changed). And EatChildren has
been banned for posting booty gifs, yet they let him become a mod.
And EmCeeGramr is Crushed.
shyamalaladingdong.jpg

I can barely keep up with the *regular* Steam thread ;_;
Jase is the only one that truly does :p

The pace of the sale thread is going to be even more bonkers as it attracts a ton of people who don't partake in this thread.
Yes, I have no intention of doing this quote walls on those due to that :(

Haha, well, I certainly have enough to go around. ;)
Call dibs on the red background, eyeing sideways one (from The Grand Budapest Hotel IIRC?) :p

2014 Summer Adventure? Could it be!? Has the meta-game returned?
Oh god, hopefully not, I hated those D:

This'll be worth picking up if you're new to Saints Row, assuming it goes up in time.
Yep, a bunch of great games, interesting that it's a full pack.

Oh no, the Summer Seal is about to begin? But I just bought this:

Can't we please ask Gabe to postpone it for a month or two?
Eh, you have what, 4 hours of gameplay? Just skip all the cutscenes and you'll be fine :p

I find this somehwat odd since there's still not any complete SRIV edition available, whereas this one apparently includes all DLCs published so far.
Available rather than released, since it's missing the Child's Play DLC that was removed from the store.

This thread is already at 19.000 posts and we've got 11 days left. Biweekly thread incoming.
That was a given, this is more like an IRC chat room now :p

Only added $30 to my Steam wallet, but have $150 I transferred into my Paypal earmarked for either buying more Steam wallet credit, or purchasing games from other sites like Amazon or GMG.

Ready to do this.
Wait, does amazon accept PayPal now?

Amazon will have a sale as well?
They do sometimes price match Steam deals during the sales.

godfuckingdamnitletthesalebeginsopeoplestopaskingthis
Haha, this.

Do you guys think Magicka will go on sale? I've been waiting for a really good deal to pull the trigger.
No, buy it now along with everything Serious Sam, I'm sure you'll love those!

Alien Colonial Marines for more than 0€.
#burn

We need the Full Tomb Raider Collection at -90% as well!
It was at that price once already, it was a price mistake though.

Last year during the summer sale the collection went 91% off for a couple of minutes - I think it was $6.99? Not sure because it didn't last long enough for IsThereAnyDeal to capture it.

All I know is that I bought Tomb Raider 1, Tomb Raider 2, Tomb Raider 3, Tomb Raider 4, Tomb Raider 5, Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness all for $3.72.
It was longer than a couple of mins IIRC, or at least the individual games were.

This thread took off.
Yeah, like a month ago.

good morning (or afternoon). shouldnt we all be in the sale thread by now?
They were waiting for my quote wall (?)

Colombian Jase???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom