• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Unless anything new comes in we've mainly got sound issues and a few bugs which only seem to affect a limited number of people to fix.

It was actually quite a journey. Been there from the beginning, but glad to see that its coming out soon thanks to all the other beta testers and Ghostlight games.

@DuskGolem

It shows "You need to have the maingame to activate the DLC", so I assume we wait till its released?

madjoki

(I think I modified the depot for Close Your Eyes so now the DLC includes the base game when activated, as a heads-up, I'm not sure if the keys will properly activate before the 24th, but if someone could tell me if it affects game count or not either now or at that time, I'd appreciate it.)

Keys will activate but it won't count until it's released.

unfortunately, no, that's not the case. Senia is "free to play", it has no microtransactions. For the moment here I was excited. But ya that would be too good to be true.

:(

@DuskGolem

It shows "You need to have the maingame to activate the DLC", so I assume we wait till its released?

Looks like DuskGolem added it to dev package (https://steamdb.info/sub/70062/) and not key package (https://steamdb.info/sub/70063/).

Tizoc

It seems Groupees no longer accepts PayPal payments via "instant" bank transfer.

Does Nuuvem apply this too? I hadn't bought from them yet and while you did mention that it allows from a card, I worry it may still do a Bank transfer =X

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
it doesn't? I was sure it does... or it just ties a game to your account but doesn't count as an owned game?

The latter. Free games for which you own DLC stick around even when uninstalled, which is where the misunderstanding comes from, but they don't actually count as owned.

Arthea

The latter. Free games for which you own DLC stick around even when uninstalled, which is where the misunderstanding comes from, but they don't actually count as owned.

so why do you buy dlcs of f2p games? That makes no sense in your case, because no +1.

Close Your Eyes giveaway! The game itself is free, this is for the DLC that will come on the same day the game does, July 24th, 2015. It will make it so the game is counted towards your game count, if the game gets trading cards like I'm gunning for you'll be applicable to them, and comes with the soundtrack, art from the game and some special art, a bonus mini-game with an ending and it's own challenges in the actual game, and an extra easter egg room in the main game.

Giving 80 away to you guys on SteamGAF.

Why hasn't anyone taken number 4 yet? :p
Thanks for the giveaway, Dusk!

EDIT:
Superstitious, maybe?
Inconceivable! Everyone knows 4 is the best number and is usually picked the most in giveaways.

Arthea

I collect DLC, too, and always have, just not to the same degree that I do games.

but wouldn't it make your game count go up faster if you concentrated on +1 only, until you have all them games?

ya, ya, I should leave this topic, I know

edited: almost forgot, thanks Dusk

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
but wouldn't it make your game count go up faster if you concentrated on +1 only, until you have all them games?

Outside of sale periods, I generally only buy particularly cheap stuff and items discounted by ~30% or more, so it wouldn't make much of a difference if one at all. IIRC, the only DLC I bought during the Summer Sale was that related to the games I picked up/that were featured deals.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
It worked, registered, and +1'd. Thanks!

I confirm is fixed, thanks again :)

Okay, that's good to know. XD Alright, well, easier than sending 80 Steam keys individually for the base game.

While I'm almost 100% certain the app in question is the public one so it's not playable yet, if it is the playable beta testing app, don't install it. The version I'm currently using for that is the freeware version I uploaded to a few sites in April and not one of the updated builds yet, as I was testing around with cloud saving (got it working), and my current build of the game is unfinishable as designing new areas into the game and such.

JustLynx

header.jpg

Close Your Eyes giveaway! The game itself is free, this is for the DLC that will come on the same day the game does, July 24th, 2015. It will make it so the game is counted towards your game count, if the game gets trading cards like I'm gunning for you'll be applicable to them, and comes with the soundtrack, art from the game and some special art, a bonus mini-game with an ending and it's own challenges in the actual game, and an extra easter egg room in the main game.

Thank you very much :)
and good luck with it!

Caerith

Okay, that's good to know. XD Alright, well, easier than sending 80 Steam keys individually for the base game.

While I'm almost 100% certain the app in question is the public one so it's not playable yet, if it is the playable beta testing app, don't install it. The version I'm currently using for that is the freeware version I uploaded to a few sites in April and not one of the updated builds yet, as I was testing around with cloud saving (got it working), and my current build of the game is unfinishable as designing new areas into the game and such.

It's the "you can't install this yet" version, so no worries.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Dusk, is this game similar to Yume Nikki?
It reminds me of that one.

Surprisingly a lot of people who let's played the game have compared it to that, which I find to be an honor, but that wasn't intentional. I think it has to do with some of the game involving wandering, strange hidden events, surrealistic world, etc.

But I also can say it goes in very different directions. I don't want to talk about it too much, but one obvious thing from the trailers and you pick on immediately in the game is that there's a Game Show-like Host, who's voiced by yours truly, who appears from time to time to ask bizarre questionnaires. I also will say I implement one of my favorite game design philosophies for horror, slowly introduce things and don't leave the player knowing what to expect, but also introduce it in such a way it builds on what is known rather than conflicts it or is so radically different that it becomes incomprehensible of how to deal with it.

Arthea

meanwhile on greenlight (part one)

OMG OMG OMG it's picross, upvote it right now or else!

Guitar hero anyone?

one more f2p arena game, looks kinda funny

interesting concept, even more interesting presentation, I was tempted to post that one pic, but that would be to much perhaps

this could be fun simple roguelike game

Lovecraftian kickstarter RPG, I'm not sure it'll be successfully kickstarted, but who knows maybe it will be

part two incoming

Completed Blackwell Convergence yesterday. Took a long break from the series, but the game tied together the previous entries quite nicely. There are still some unanswered questions, however, I still have Deception and Epiphany to go. Onward!

On another note, I was wearing my shirt inside out the whole day. ( ・-・)

EDIT:
meanwhile on greenlight (part one)

OMG OMG OMG it's picross, upvote it right now or else!

Done! Also, just caught up on watching Kekkai Sensen and the game title reminded me of it, lol.

Vuze

header.jpg

Thank you and good luck with the launch! :)
By the way, if you haven't done so already, I'd be interested in a little write up of how your experience was with getting the game on Steam etc. whenever you find the time. Always interesting to read "behind the scenes" stuff (well, for me atleast).

calyx

header.jpg

Just grabbed a key. Thank you very much!

header.jpg

Thanks a lot, hope the game does well.

Ban Puncher

Dinner Update - after re-evaluating the 9 for $9 deal, I decided 'yo fuck bones' and bought a six fillet dinner box from the secret KFC menu.

In hindsight, putting all of it inside of me at once was a poor decision.

Mr. Doop

header.jpg

This is awesome. Thanks for your generosity.

Milamber

Dinner Update - after re-evaluating the 9 for $9 deal, I decided 'yo fuck bones' and bought a six fillet dinner box from the secret KFC menu.

In hindsight, putting all of it inside of me at once was a poor decision.

What is this secret menu? And does it apply to any country?

Arthea

meanwhile on greenlight (part two)

this looks like interesting concept, I'm not sure it goes well with being a game though, but in case I'm wrong, here it is

especially for muncher, Dinosaur Hunter (wanted to make haiku, but dinosaur hunters don't go with haiku that well)
and dashing dinos

another kickstarter VN (dating sim), this time otome

this looks like Super Mario, so I'm sure someone will want to vote for it

an espionage RPG? isn't that something? looks not bad too
Hard to Be a God

nice looking adventure game, unfortunately for some with furries

a sidescrolling RPG on kickstarter? It probably will fail miserably, but here you go

that's it for now

header.jpg

Thank you very much! :)

Maniac

Banned
lashman is probably the most on topic poster here now. Most of those games are interesting as well, he doesn't post ALL the new releases.

I'm pretty sure he's nearly the only on-topic poster at this point. lol
I didn't really want to bring it up but he's the only reason I'm considering installing the super ignore NeoGAF thing.

Just tons of low-quality and low-effort pictures and links witout any comment on why it's supposed to be interesting or relevant

Not sure if it's a bot or not but it feels like one at this point.

See? wtf is this?

It's a relevant fucking interview, that's what.

You're now one of the reasons I'm contemplating installing super ignore.
ayaFYl6.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

K7GXagI.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-B1012A7C81E6376E - Taken by Mixed2k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom