• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majukun

my first steam sale with a properly gaming pc...still have a lot to play though...witcher 3 it's taking a while to finish..

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Discussion in the thread aside, JaseC is making the thread (right?), so if anything I expect it to have an informative and always up-to-date OP with links to specific posts for past updates of deals etc, making at least looking at the OP a pretty good resource for people that don't want to dig around to look for daily deals or what they missed on.

I sort of want Jase to figure out a way to incorporate Saoirse into the OP. Maybe he could photoshop pictures of her pointing out games that are on sale, like Vanna White on Wheel of Fortune or something dumb like that.

zkylon

zkylewd
well had my friend have a shot at fixing my mouse, but that thing is most definitely broken

i feel like the universe has against me and my computer, so taking bets now

Guess those lingering thoughts, or wanting to discuss and realizing you're just going to be shot down with the ideas you have.
that's kind of dumb i think. like, you're never gonna get a good conversation from a big community, debate is usually better fit for smaller groups so like you can talk it out with other like-thinking fans or maybe your friends or whatever

but caring too much what the community as a whole thinks is kind of useless, i kind of suffer it all the time reading league reddit and watching ppl complain all day long is just depressing

capsule_616x353.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/339340/
so, how many spiders in this one?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of SpyGuy239, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SpyGuy239, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution -- MB-E7D8DEC5A3D279DE - Taken by Dice. 3 entrants total.
Company of Heroes Complete Edition -- MB-E2FED692207EA856 - Taken by Vazduh. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2 -- MB-B438643325307B0C - Taken by gurm3n. 6 entrants total.
Warhammer 40K: Space Marine -- MB-C5F8E9161087FCC5 - Taken by Bayonetta. 8 entrants total.
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II -- MB-D21DACFA4395DEDA - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
Company of Heroes 2 - The Western Front Armies: Oberkommando West -- MB-39BC301371C9C773 - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.

t1433816506z1.png

chronomac

Am I the only one completely tired of the whole "Lord Gaben" bullshit? Not only do I not find it funny but it gets really weird.

rtcn63

Don't go into the "tvshow with one image" thread. Folks are straight up posting (arguably) massive spoilers and not giving a fuck. I may have. The world is dark.

Nice to see the new refund policy is already being changed on the fly (now there is a 6 month window implemented and if the product was purchased/gifted outside of that window, you can't even request a refund).

Also nice to know that Steam support is still the most loathsome abysmal entity in customer service. I've had Time Warner Cable pay more attention to support tickets and treat me better. The least they can do is take the time to *READ* the support request before dumping generic boilerplate for the issue into a reply and hitting submit.

Am I the only one completely tired of the whole "Lord Gaben" bullshit? Not only do I not find it funny but it gets really weird.

My signed poster by Gaben says otherwise!

Nice to see the new refund policy is already being changed on the fly (now there is a 6 month window implemented and if the product was purchased/gifted outside of that window, you can't even request a refund).

Wouldnt that lead to even more exploiting? I mean in 6 month you can just buy it, regret that you paid maybe 20€ for it when you havent even played it, see it in a sale for 5€ and then ask for a refund...

I hope this summer's Alan Wake sale is better than last summer's Alan Wake sale. If I can't buy Alan wake four different ways at the same time then I might as well start migrating my library over to Origin.

I just settled with the idea that most of those folks are youngsters riding the meme-bandwagon.

Makes me sleep better at night.

I am kinda sure its mostly new pc gamers. I am also sure that new PC gamers are what started the Master-Race thing after they somehow instantly knew how much better PC gaming is when it comes to multititles.

Also nice to know that Steam support is still the most loathsome abysmal entity in customer service. I've had Time Warner Cable pay more attention to support tickets and treat me better. The least they can do is take the time to *READ* the support request before dumping generic boilerplate for the issue into a reply and hitting submit.

For every good experience I`ve had with Steam (their compliance department was very responsive and prompt when it came to telling me what I needed to submit for tax purposes), there`s one that is just as dumb (for instance, them refusing to admit that they charged my credit card twice for Steam wallet credit and telling Paypal the same thing).

I hope this summer's Alan Wake sale is better than last summer's Alan Wake sale. If I can't buy Alan wake four different ways at the same time then I might as well start migrating my library over to Origin.

I lol'ed.

I am kinda sure its mostly new pc gamers. I am also sure that new PC gamers are what started the Master-Race thing after they somehow instantly knew how much better PC gaming is when it comes to multititles.

Yeah... no.

zkylon

zkylewd
How come you are scared of the spiders?
for as long as i can remember, i just am. no particular reason, although it runs in my family to have phobias (most of my dad's family's afraid of roaches, most of my mom's afraid of cats, there's a bunch of other weirdness, my brother has his own similar issues too with diseases and blood and stuff...). in my case it's specially spiders and roaches, although most insects have at least an effect on me too. i'm also not a fan of rats, i'm weird around pidgeons (lol) and some other dumb stuff (like public speaking and shit).

and got bullied about it a bunch when i was a kid and didn't do nearly enough like therapy and crap to help me deal with it so with time it just got much worse

it's not really that bad outside of like not ever being comfortable about closing your eyes when someone asks you (cos i'm paranoid and i think they'll try to scare me somehow), or just going into "alert mode" (as i call it which is essentially having like sudden anxiety and stress) when you're watching a movie and ppl are going into an old basement or something, or just getting startled over things in the corner of your eye, like my own hair.

and obviously not being able to play old games that are favorites of mine like resident evil 2 and thief because i didn't fear virtual spiders back in the day as much as i do now

but yeah, no reason, the way i explain it is like my brain's busted in a way that the wire in my brain that connects "spider" with "step on" is actually connected to "panic" or whatever by mistake. it's just like a chemical reaction, i don't really "fear" spiders in that i think they're gonna come out of the screen and kill me, my brain just sees the image and reacts like that because it's kind of broken

New Vegas question: I hit the point of no return and I'm going for an independent Vegas because fuck everyone's noise around here. Yes Man tells me I need to go to fortification hill to upgrade my robot army...didn't I do that already? Or is this for a complete new upgrade?

Also, what's the right order to tackle the dlc now that I'm wrapping things up?

for as long as i can remember, i just am. no particular reason, although it runs in my family to have phobias (most of my dad's family's afraid of roaches, most of my mom's afraid of cats, there's a bunch of other weirdness, my brother has his own similar issues too with diseases and blood and stuff...). in my case it's specially spiders and roaches, although most insects have at least an effect on me too. i'm also not a fan of rats, i'm weird around pidgeons (lol) and some other dumb stuff (like public speaking and shit).

and got bullied about it a bunch when i was a kid and didn't do nearly enough like therapy and crap to help me deal with it so with time it just got much worse

it's not really that bad outside of like not ever being comfortable about closing your eyes when someone asks you (cos i'm paranoid and i think they'll try to scare me somehow), or just going into "alert mode" (as i call it which is essentially having like sudden anxiety and stress) when you're watching a movie and ppl are going into an old basement or something, or just getting startled over things in the corner of your eye, like my own hair.

and obviously not being able to play old games that are favorites of mine like resident evil 2 and thief because i didn't fear virtual spiders back in the day as much as i do now

but yeah, no reason, the way i explain it is like my brain's busted in a way that the wire in my brain that connects "spider" with "step on" is actually connected to "panic" or whatever by mistake. it's just like a chemical reaction, i don't really "fear" spiders in that i think they're gonna come out of the screen and kill me, my brain just sees the image and reacts like that because it's kind of broken

That bloodline trait is a bummer.

In some alternate reality, your bloodline trait is the sharingan.

zkylon

zkylewd
New Vegas question: I hit the point of no return and I'm going for an independent Vegas because fuck everyone's noise around here. Yes Man tells me I need to go to fortification hill to upgrade my robot army...didn't I do that already? Or is this for a complete new upgrade?
probably not, i think that's like the last quest in his line

Also, what's the right order to tackle the dlc now that I'm wrapping things up?
yes, perfect time

That bloodline trait is a bummer.

In some alternate reality, your bloodline trait is the sharingan.
it is

it's not really a like genes inherited thing but more like a family culture thing

the way i see it is that if you're growing up watching your parents react to things they fear by avoiding it rather than confronting it you kind of develop similar traits.

my step brother has the same fear of roaches my dad has for instance

i hope my baby brother gets some courage from his mom and doesn't have to deal with this crap

I'll be sure to spoiler tag my spider Steam screenshots this time. :p

appreciated

Grief.exe

Going through my queue today, found an interesting EA game.

Little city builder with an interesting art style. Definitely added to my wishlist to check out later.

ss_6955c8fbeef65ae661f0f4bc43587769a6849112.1920x1080.jpg

ss_ed82296cfb5c028ba41fc39f65cf5a651540ed73.1920x1080.jpg

ss_3e4124ead0f1a7ced3b6eb20ee62dcfde1420059.1920x1080.jpg

Don't tell Jase though

GNN4PbG.png

probably not, i think that's like the last quest in his line
So just to be clear: i would need to go to fortification hill just once in an independent Vegas playthrough? Because it was easy the first time since I was neutral with Legion but if I have to go back it's going to be a hell of a mess lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom