• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjaja

I use GAF Mobile on a 5S and the setting is there to change the arrow pointing right to "View Last Unread" from "View Last Page". Wish they had defaulted to "View Last Unread".

EDIT: Beaten. With a bat. To my face. I should look down before posting.

And by 14 mins.

Garcia

Welcome to the fun my friend. Some tips.

Boomarang or the spear you can reclaim will be your friends as they are infinite, so try to get them as soon as possible, though just about all the projectiles are great. Though of course still try out all the items as you unlock them for whatever is the most fun to you.

Always hold down when you are falling. Always.

You have a period of invincibility after using magic, useful not just for fighting enemies, but also good if you need to survive past an area of spikes.

When you start to try and get faster times, note TNT will destroy normally non-destroyable blocks and you can drop down them as long as it leads to another floor.

Lightsword or whatever it's called is the best sword weapon, it will dissolve enemies, great against mushrooms.

Chickens are evil.

I was wondering why the downwards attack was so overpowered. As soon as I found out how it annihilated every enemy I decide to go downwards from that moment on.

Thanks about all those tips, Ken. Really helpful since it's become of the few games I'm probably going to 100% eventually. Full controller support is a godsend as well!

denx

So I've played quite a bit of Titanfall since I bought it in the Origin sale last week. I can definitely see how the game can get old fast because of the lack of content and game modes, but what is there is extremely fun and addicting. Respawn built a great gameplay core, they just need now to flesh out the game more. I think having some sort of objective mode where players fight to secure installations and supply lines for Titans and other stuff would be a great way to give the game more staying power. I don't think they'll implement anything of the sort for this game though, they'll most likely save such a mode for the sequel.

Anyways, the game is great fun and the PC community is not as dead as I was led to believe. I can still find matches in pretty much all game modes within reasonable wait times (guess that sale did wonders to the game's population). So yeah, I suggest you pick up the game when it goes on sale. I think 25 to 20 dollars is a good price to get it.

OT, but I just came back from watching X-Men Days of Future Past and Godzilla back to back, and I'm like holy shit dudes, HOLY SHIT these movies. New X-Men movie is the best X-Men movie yet and easily on par (if not slightly better) than Captain America The Winter Soldier (which was awesome) imo. Can't think of any complains towards X-.Men yet. Godzilla is pretty great as well and carries a great HOLY SHIT factor every time a monster is on-screen, but I do have some gripes about it, mainly the relatively little screen time the titular monster gets (but every time he's on screen awesome happens),
Bryan Cranston character dying in the first half of the movie (he's the best human character),
and the fact that the movie likes a little too much being a cocktease about showing the monsters beating each other until the end. But still, it was a fun movie.

Yeah, that last part was totally OT but I wanted to talk about those movies cause I just watched them and they're great.

Knurek

Why do people use 'multimedia' keyboards? Isn't it just better to use standard 104/5 keys and install a global hotkey tool?

Especially hate it that they usually have 'Power Off' button placed just above Esc key. Who thought that this was a good idea?!

I don't know why I didn't enjoy Killer is Dead when I first played it. Almost nothing about the experience is different on PC, I haven't messed around with the game to make it run at 60fps or added any extra custom resolutions beyond what the game already has. I'm using an Xbox 360 pad to play it instead of a Dualshock 3, that's the only difference. 1080p, 30 fps and a controller.

This is old but I just stumbled upon this trailer for Starr Mazer
bftZuXK.png

kqdrB0L.png

STgJqHV.png
http://vimeo.com/35259959

Why is this not a real game. ;_;

Corpekata

Banned
I don't know why I didn't enjoy Killer is Dead when I first played it. Almost nothing about the experience is different on PC, I haven't messed around with the game to make it run at 60fps or added any extra custom resolutions beyond what the game already has. I'm using an Xbox 360 pad to play it instead of a Dualshock 3, that's the only difference. 1080p, 30 fps and a controller.

And a lack of headache inducing screen tearing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Especially hate it that they usually have 'Power Off' button placed just above Esc key. Who thought that this was a good idea?!

One of my previous keyboards had this asinine positioning. Fortunately I was able to change the function of the buttons using the provided software.

saunderez

Implanting pirated games with bitcoin mining malware, that's actually pretty smart lol.

It's not exactly new, but in the few cases I've seen it the morons packing in the bitcoin miners would push the GPUs too hard, causing the machines to blue screen. WTF is the point of pushing a system so hard it bluescreens if the aim is to have it run for as long as possible to generate coins.....

Dr Dogg

It's always going to be one of these subjective things and although unlike a game that requires immediacy in controller input combined with screen refresh, Killer is Dead doesn't massively benefit from a faster 60fps update but having a consistent frame rate does make the experience a lot more enjoyable for me. And of course updating at your monitors refresh rate is always more pleasing on the eyes.

I was a little indifferent to the game when I first played it as I knew there was a great looking game there and had a surreal but compelling story though due to how it's told equal parts visually as it is through spoken narrative, some of the trade offs of being on 6-7 year old hardware really made it hard for me. Even not modifying the ini files you still get a 1920x1080 image at a solid frame rate and most important of all no tearing. Those three things alone take all of the technical issue I had with the console variant and throw them in the bin.

Sure none of the gameplay has changed and the game still plays out the same but there is now the replay theatre and access to the secret files to get a better understand of what the hell is going on. I know in Europe we had a special edition called the Fan Edition but realistically this is what this one should have been called. If you didn't like the gameplay, not fond of the art direction, couldn't dig the story, the cast, or anything else outside of it's technical issues there's not much else to change that.

GHM games for me have always been a niche within a niche so I'm not really surprised they get overlooked and small sales numbers. All of them have been super accessible to play, mechanically speaking it's just the narrative that requires a bit more perseverance.

abracadaver

Anything weird about the PC version?

Don't think so:

Gamespot Review said:
If you're familiar with the Xbox 360 version of the game, you'll find a virtually identical game in Condemned for the PC. There are some very slight cosmetic differences in a couple of spots (you're no longer finding Xbox 360s hidden away, and there's a different effect when you die), the default mouse-and-keyboard controls work just fine, and this version is less expensive. Other than that, this is the same fairly brief-but-engaging single-player action game as what Xbox 360 owners got in late 2005.

Anything weird about the PC version?
Like with the first FEAR, if you have a logitech keyboard (maybe mouse too), you'll need to go into device manager and temporarily disable some USB human interface listings(the ones they add specifically), otherwise you get framerates in the teens or lower. It was a weird bug with Monolith's games and hardware polling rates at the time, but relatively easy to fix.

DocSeuss

FEAR has the same problem unfortunately so I guess I'm out. Thanks.

Just delete some stuff and it'll work. Sorry, braindead now. But it's not a big problem. It's like... HID stuff, I think, in device manager? Delete them and it'll work with no discernible impact on your computer. It's Logitech-specific, by the way.

EDIT: Hey, MarcoZombieCannonnnnnnnnnnnnn

*shambles off to bed, should not be conscious atm*

Just delete some stuff and it'll work. Sorry, braindead now. But it's not a big problem. It's like... HID stuff, I think, in device manager? Delete them and it'll work with no discernible impact on your computer. It's Logitech-specific, by the way.
You don't delete them really, just disable them. Honestly it isn;t that hard, and if you can live without the media keys or whatever on your keyboard while you play, you'll be fine.

Doc, get outta here, you zombie.

KarmaCow

You don't delete them really, just disable them. Honestly it isn;t that hard, and if you can live without the media keys or whatever on your keyboard while you play, you'll be fine.

I know it's petty and I'm usually fine tweaking stuff but I don't care enough to bother.

I know it's petty and I'm usually fine tweaking stuff but I don't care enough to bother.
Hey, it's totally understandable. I actually got to the point where I switched from my logitech keyboard to some dell one I had laying around when I played since the game doesn't throw a fit with that one.

I couldn't get it to work unless I turned off my mouse and keyboard totally (and I am on a laptop with Logitech Wireless mouse) which made it a bit shit, considering I couldn't launch the game as I had no input devices I could use.

I couldn't get it to work unless I turned off my mouse and keyboard totally (and I am on a laptop with Logitech Wireless mouse) which made it a bit shit, considering I couldn't launch the game as I had no input devices I could use.
I wanna say you disabled too much, but I've heard how picky it can be for some people, I actually did that on accident one time. :x

JaseC

Does the bug only affect those who actually bother to install the proper drivers for Logitech input devices? I have a Logitech keyboard (some cheap thing) and Logitech mouse (MX518), but as far as Windows is concerned they're just generic HID-compliant devices, and I had no issues playing through FEAR and some of its expansion.

Does the bug only affect those who actually bother to install the proper drivers for Logitech input devices? I have a Logitech keyboard (some cheap thing) and Logitech mouse (MX518), but as far as Windows is concerned they're just generic HID-compliant devices, and I had no issues playing through FEAR and some of its expansion.
If you were fine for FEAR, you should be fine for Condemned as well. I honestly don't know what it is that causes the bug, or why disabling the extra media keys on my keyboard fixes it. It just... does.

Copons

I'm seeing plenty of astoundingly beautiful screenshots of both Transistor and Killer Is Dead, but I hate both Bastion and Suda51, so if I'm gonna cave in for one or both of them, I'll blame you all for being such good screenshotters.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I'm seeing plenty of astoundingly beautiful screenshots of both Transistor and Killer Is Dead, but I hate both Bastion and Suda51, so if I'm gonna cave in for one or both of them, I'll blame you all for being such good screenshotters.

Transistor is, thankfully, not Bastion. Yes I am one of those guys. The narration bit is really the only similarity it has.

I keep thinking about biting the bullet on KiD though. I should be being responsible with my money but it's only $20

Dr Dogg

I can't talk for Condemned or FEAR as with a MX518 plugged in while playing both of them they were fine. Prototype on the other hand used to throw a wobbler if you had too many HIDs on your systems, especially ones not connected. One problem I had was not only did I have older devices I not longer used still active on my PC but it still retained the drivers for the generic ones Windows sometimes leaves behind when just plugging in a new device. Cleaning them up in device manager solved the issue and stuttering it was causing (I assume a polling issue with the engine?).

DocSeuss

Can't sleep. Too much pain. Can't game, either. Just listening to Topmodelz and defending rhyming in poetry with people.

Dr Dogg

I get the feeling KiD is going to be in the same camp as Enslaved and Lords of Shadow in that most are waiting for a sale. Thing is though I'd say KiD plays better than Enslaved, looks better than Enslaved and at times is written better than Enslaved. Guess I might have to dig out some more screenies to convince you monsters!

I wanna say you disabled too much, but I've heard how picky it can be for some people, I actually did that on accident one time. :x

Yup, the fix isn't too hard to perform but if I disabled everything it worked quite well (expect I couldn't actually play). Turn on the logitech mouse and it was 10 fps again. Tabbing in and out every few minutes does work though. I have played it only 84 minutes so far but I do mean to finish it)

Darkroronoa

I started idling for games for a couple weeks now, still about 50 to go.
These are hard earned money! I idle about 3 maybe 4 games every day so i will have all my card money in pocket when summer sale hits. I believe i will have made about 20-25 eurogabens, then if the sales are good with about 10 extra euros from my pocket i will get about 8 games i really want (i made my wishlist already). That is if i dont spent then on idnie game until then.

Oh man, i cant wait for summer sale and buy these games i will never play!

An extra bonus is that i play about 20-30 minutes of every game so i have decided on some games i will never play.

JaseC

I'm beginning to wonder if there'll be a pre-load period of Watch Dogs. Come 10 hours from now it'll be 24 hours until it releases here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom