• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Come to think of it, all of the Uplay updates over the past year or so -- namely controller support, auto-start and patching out the need for the client almost entirely (on a game-by-game basis) -- have been defined by improving the user experience in Steam's BPM. Sure, they benefit Uplay users in general, but I'd say it's as safe assumption that they wouldn't have been implemented if it weren't for BPM.

Edit: Oh, and speaking of Ubi, it's finally happened: the multiplayer component of a Watch Dogs is tied into the overall completion percentage. Granted, it doesn't seem as though you need to do much, but this cross-pollination will only get worse going forward. I honestly don't know if I'll bother going for the online stuff. Black Flag's social chests/convoys/whales were enough of a pain and that was without having to put up with other players.

Zafir

Do we know whether it's possible to turn off the seamless online stuff(Like the invasions etc)?

I certainly don't think I can be bothered with the MP.

Ruruja

Didn't expect a They Breathe card to be the most expensive one I've ever sold. Someone just bought one that gave me 72p (after taxes). Madness.

MRORANGE

I could write a bit about Grid Autosport for next month's thread.

Yup, go ahead :) remember to send a PM with the review.

so far for June

cK5LaD7.png
Steam Game Recommendations for June (What's on your radar)

Every month gaffers talk about what games should be on your radar for each month by submitting mini recommendations.
Check the OP to see games were highlighted by our members for this month to get an idea.

Rules:
1. Choose a game that you think is worth watching out for in June that is on Steam.
2. Write about it, 60+ words would be great, feel free to go over it.
3. Send me a PM with what you have written.

Gods Will Be Watching - More_Badass
Unrest - BinaryPork2737[
Murdered: Soul Suspect - jshackles
Claire - Dusk Golem
Crimzon Clover - Dambrosi
GRID Autosport - Aerocrane

Milamber

Tizoc

I'm all tapped out after Watch_Dogs. Summer sale is my only hope.

WTF is wrong with her left chesticle!?
It's just the camera and PoV, stop nitpicking about the small stuff =V

Oh god!

Pretty darn good. Did you set bitrate to a million?

i'M NOt the one who made it, it's from the KiD OT ;)

...but seriously, hit up the KiD OT, and just look at the last pages for all those amazing screenshots. With a quick fix the game'll run at 60 FPS, at just about any resolution and will look spectacular.

It'll be region-locked for you, just FYI.

Is that due to Atravellers region, or is it a more wider lock?

Also, trust sales, I decided to stop waiting on a discount as it was taking forever and start the PS3 version. Think I'll grab this and LOS2 (As long as they're not region locked)

Japanese publishers love their capital letters. ;) Capcom decided to buck the trend, though.
They probably did it to match the logo.

Is that due to Atravellers region, or is it a more wider lock?

Also, trust sales, I decided to stop waiting on a discount as it was taking forever and start the PS3 version. Think I'll grab this and LOS2 (As long as they're not region locked)
BT Bhutan
BN Brunei Darussalam
KH Cambodia
CN China
HK Hong Kong
ID Indonesia
JP Japan
KR Korea, Republic of
LA Lao People's Democratic Republic
MO Macau
MY Malaysia
MV Maldives
MN Mongolia
NP Nepal
PH Philippines
SG Singapore
LK Sri Lanka
TW Taiwan
TH Thailand
VN Vietnam
There are no legal way to acquire this game without breaking some rules.

Santiako

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Beyond Divinity -- MB-08F2525D8CADB614 - Taken by Milamber. 3 entrants total.
Age of Wonders -- MB-C5E3E812CC3A7F58 - Taken by Atraveller. 5 entrants total.
Divine Divinity -- MB-C3DDCEFFD73AFEDB - Taken by VikasNarula. 4 entrants total.
Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic -- MB-00104D127A829EA2 - Taken by zeroOman. 7 entrants total.

t1401031604z1.png

Dr Dogg

i'M NOt the one who made it, it's from the KiD OT ;)

...but seriously, hit up the KiD OT, and just look at the last pages for all those amazing screenshots. With a quick fix the game'll run at 60 FPS, at just about any resolution and will look spectacular.

Hahaha that's kind of why in my recommendation for the OP I put "Milamber Gigolo Mode" but seems like the strike code didn't make it the formatting of the PM I sent MRORANGE.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there any way seeing what you have in amazon credit for apps and digital games?

Not really. Amazon lumps all video game-related credit into the one "Software/Video Games" category. If you want to find out what the figure is, though, visit this page and click "Enter your code".

Li Kao

Uplay Deluxe Edition + Season Pass, but literally the only difference between the Uplay DDE and the DDE being sold elsewhere is the inclusion of the Chicago South Club pack with the former.

Thanks for the info. I haven't the PC to max it nor the money, but fuck if this isn't tempting me at the moment.

A lot of post about KiD

I never followed the game so, stupid question, is it related in any way with 'No more heroes' ? I would instinctively believe so but I have no idea.

Yup, go ahead :) remember to send a PM with the review.

so far for June

What ? Somebody knowledgeable needs to write a piece on Divinity ! Durante ? Someone else ?
Me ? I think my only experience with a Larian game is 2 hours of Ego Draconis...

Milamber

Random thought... If I get the Watch_Dogs Deluxe from Steam but the Season Pass from GMG/Amazon with discount and can only be redeemed from uPlay... will it work?

EDIT: Highly likely but will it screw future DLC's I decide to get from Steam if they, gods forbid, not include them in the Season Pass.

Dr Dogg

I never followed the game so, stupid question, is it related in any way with 'No more heroes' ? I would instinctively believe so but I have no .

Pretty much self contained. It does have a few callbacks and references to previous GHM titles buts asides from playing as an assassin, combat being sword based with dodge moves and context sensitive special moves as well as having a cell shaded art style it's quite different from No More Heroes. It's darker in tone (well most of the time) and the story is told moreover visually than by spoken dialogue. You could say it's taking key concepts, themes and art styles of killer7 and No More Heroes and evolving them into another game that is a bit different than those two games but feels somewhat familiar at the same time.

Dusk wrote a very good review a while back that sums up the game perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom