• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Recommended Display: 1280×720 pixels or True Color display (16:9)

Here we go.

Transformers™: Fall of Cybertron™ 75% is the Acti-deal today.

+ Transformers: War for Cybertron

Didn't see that one coming ;)

I already have the KOTORs and BF2 from the Star Wars games on sales, what other ones are worth getting?

Jedi Knight series (especially II and III)
Republic Commando is pretty good as well

DW8: May 13

---

TECMO KOEI America today announced that the tactical action game DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: XTREME LEGENDS COMPLETE EDITION will be available for PC via Steam on May 13, 2014. This marks the first time the hit game will be released for the PC in North America and Europe.

“We are excited to at last bring DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: XTREME LEGENDS COMPLETE EDITION to PC players,” said Amos Ip, SVP and General Manager of TECMO KOEI America. “The series has had a longstanding, dedicated fan base, and with the enhanced graphics and higher frame rates possible for PC we’re confident DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: XTREME LEGENDSCOMPLETE EDITION will be a beautiful and fulfilling tactical action experience.”

DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: XTREME LEGENDS COMPLETE EDITION for PC (Steam), PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, is a treat for DYNASTY WARRIORS fans. The Complete Edition includes all of the content from both DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 and DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: XTREME LEGENDS, thus giving new fans the opportunity to play through both titles.

DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: XTREME LEGENDS COMPLETE EDITION has been rated T for Teen by the ESRB and is available for suggested retail prices of $59.99 for the PlayStation 4 and $39.99 for the PlayStation Vita. The PC version will be available in North America via Steam on May 13, 2014. For more information visit: http://www.tecmokoeiamerica.com/dw8xl/ and Follow DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 on: www.facebook.com/koeigames and https://twitter.com/TecmoKoeiUS.

PC minimum requirements:

Operating system: Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1
CPU: Intel Core i7 860 Processor or Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.4GHz (faster recommended)
Memory: 512MB of RAM (1GB+ recommended)
Hard drive space: 18GB
Video card: VRAM256MB (512MB+ recommended)
3D acceleration corresponding to Pixel Shader 3.0 and above
DirectX 9.0c
Gamepad compatible

That's awesome, thanks for share this info bro!

Caerith

So, with the Acti sale going on, what's up with Vampire: The Masquerade: Redemption and why isn't it on Steam?

I use Jpn all the time rather than typing it out. I've learned from the "Pearl Harbor"-film complaints that "Jap" was pretty offensive.
The history of Hawaii is pretty offensive in general. I tend to use "JP" if I'm abbreviating, since that's how everyone abbreviated it in FFXI and I really enjoyed Devil Survivor 2.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
So, with the Acti sale going on, what's up with Vampire: The Masquerade: Redemption and why isn't it on Steam?

The history of Hawaii is pretty offensive in general. I tend to use "JP" if I'm abbreviating, since that's how everyone abbreviated it in FFXI and I really enjoyed Devil Survivor 2.

Yeah, I think you kinda need to go down to JP or even just "J-" or else you're really only just removing vowels that save you seconds of time.

Copons

Guys guys, I'm a little LTTP here, but I need to ask.
Do you know any effective way to stop playing One Finger Death Punch?
I can't feel my thumb anymore, and also I'd like to play other games, but I just can't. Halp.

just saw this and the locked thread for it: http://gamasutra.com/view/news/216822/Evolve_community_manager_out_of_a_job_after_Twitter_remark.php

ugh

always twitter. Why can't people learn to use social media properly?

and a community manager of all people

A community manager confused as to why his controversial opinions didn't come across clearly on twitter. Huh.

Guys guys, I'm a little LTTP here, but I need to ask.
Do you know any effective way to stop playing One Finger Death Punch?
I can't feel my thumb anymore, and also I'd like to play other games, but I just can't. Halp.

Play with one finger.

Grief.exe

If I had to guess, GOG helped fund the development of that game prior to putting on the store.

War for Cybertron worth it? How is the PC version?

I hear it almost universally recommended in this thread by anyone who has played it. There is also no guarantees that Activision will continue the Transformers licence post 2014, but Jase may have more accurate speculation on that.

Seems like a solid port, locked to 30 FPS but that can be easily fixed.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Transformers:_War_for_Cybertron

I'll ask again since VMB came back up again.

What was the update last week ?

You would probably be better served digging around in the unofficial patch forums.

Tellaerin

RE: The discussion about the ethics of RA RA militaristic war FPSes, I think something that maybe should be taken into account here is that most of the teams currently working on Call of Duty started working on other games--violent games for sure, but not military games--and got drafted into working on Call of Duty when their original IPs didn't work as well. I don't begrudge anyone for preferring a job over being shitcanned of course, and I don't begrudge publishers for doing what works, but there's obviously significant market and publisher pressure that's already intruding on creative autonomy on the part of the developers... so the idea that asking for devs or pubs to do less of this type of game or to do it more maturely is in any way censorship doesn't make sense in light of the fact that relatively few projects in 2014 are actually initiated and executed by creatives out of some pure need to express certain themes. Personally I don't view intellectual or social pressure as any less fair or legitimate than mass market pressure.

I get the impression this was at least partially directed towards me, so I thought I'd offer a bit of clarification.

There's this pervasive strain of... well, it feels almost like self-loathing I see from certain quarters with respect to this hobby. This need for videogames to be taken seriously by people who don't play them (and have no particular interest in them), because they crave validation by mainstream culture. The calls for more of this kind of content, or less of that kind of content, because "otherwise they will never give the medium the respect it deserves".

I'm assuming what I'm describing is the sort of intellectual and social pressure you're referring to, Stump. Personally, I don't think that's a good place for creatives in the industry to take their direction from. It's qualitatively different from mass market pressure. It means working from the tacit assumption that the critics are right, that games as they are now aren't deserving of respect. It's like fans at the dawn of the rock and roll era pleading for these new artists (whose music they claim to love) to change their approach so that the establishment would stop dismissing rock as nothing but noise and/or a menace to society.

When it comes to videogames, there are a vast number of themes that remain unexplored. I'm all for diversity in the medium, and I enjoy seeing developers break new ground. I just don't think seeking validation from elements of mainstream culture is a healthy motivation for change. It smacks of an inferiority complex.

(Sorry, that went longer than I intended. Forgive the derail.)

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Are any of Empire Total War's DLCs any good or would you recommend me to purchase the solo edition instead?

The Warpath Campaign is worth it as it's an expansion focused on America, but since it costs 2 euro, it's worth to pay an extra one and get the collection for all the new units and bonus content

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS is now in early access. It's available for $4.99.

About the Game

ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS is a game where you fly ROCKETS that shoot ROCKETS at other ROCKETS! The ultimate in arcade action arena combat, with the fluidity and amazing feel of soaring through space.

So what is in the game RIGHT NOW?

• ROCKETS. We feature only the finest interstellar death machines.
  • LOCAL VERSUS MULTIPLAYER. Get your fellow rocketeers together, we're going to BLOW THINGS UP!
  • UNDERDOG MODE. An entire flock of rockets versus the lone rebel. Amongst all the friendly fire, will you rocket to the top?
  • TEAM PLAY. Every rocket needs a wing-person!
  • STANLEY. This is a story of a rocket named Stanley. Meet the AI Rocket that thinks he has free will, and meet the rockets he will relentlessly fire at your rocket.
  • COOL LIGHT TRAILS. These are some classy rockets that are a lot of fun to fly.
  • ALL THE CONTROLLERS. We currently support a few dozen different controllers, and are always adding more!

And what is planned for THE FUTURE?

• ROCKETS. The game will not be complete until there are more ROCKETS in it.
  • COUCH vs. COUCH. Play single-player or co-op locally while simultaneously playing competitively over the internet, for maximum fun!
  • LEAGUES. East vs. West? AZ vs. BC? Local friends? No matter what aspirations, a built-in league tracker will let you know how close you are to competing in the NATIONALS.
  • SINGLE-PLAYER TRAINING. Right now you can technically practice with our first A.I., Stanley, but we want to throw actual learning scenarios at you so you can discovery the higher levels of strategy, improve your aim, and challenge yourself and your friends to beat your records!
  • SINGLE-PLAYER CAMPAIGN. Hone your skills and rank your rocketeering status with an engaging single player campaign with bonus endless modes!
  • LEADERBOARDS. Think you're the fastest shot in the West? Let's find out!
  • ZEN MODE. Explore the romantic tension as the rockets perform an intricate ballet around each other, making art, not war. Change the color of your contrails instead of firing weapons and share your works of art with the world!
  • CO-OP MODE. We're experimenting with different co-op modes, including two players on one rocket--one person flies, one person shoots.
  • KEYBOARD LOVE. While the game is always going to be best-played with a thumbstick, we want to make sure the keyboard gets as much love as we can give it.
  • YOUR IDEAS. We listen to our rocketeers. Let us know in the discussion forums!

War for Cybertron worth it? How is the PC version?
Nothing really special but it's a competent third person shooter that will get more enjoyment mileage depending on your Transformers fandom; has 3 player online co-op for the campaign as well.

Quirks to take note of:
1. Game is capped at 30 fps
2. If you're using a 360 pad the game will still overlay keyboard and mouse commands on the screen, so no 360 prompts

fantomena

So I just bought all the Star Wars games which I didn't already own except for The Force Unleashed games which are imo trash for 9,75€ from a trader, it would actually have costed me 20€.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
So I just bought all the Star Wars games which I didn't already own except for The Force Unleashed games which are imo trash for 9,75€ from a trader, it would actually have costed me 20€.

Yeah, I bought the Collection for 12€ . God bless Russia

BruteUA

Funny that the May Day Sale was supposed to be a joke, yet these past two days have done some serious damage to my Summer Sale funds stash.

Grief.exe

Nothing really special but it's a competent third person shooter that will get more enjoyment mileage depending on your Transformers fandom; has 3 player online co-op for the campaign as well.

Quirks to take note of:
1. Game is capped at 30 fps
2. If you're using a 360 pad the game will still overlay keyboard and mouse commands on the screen, so no 360 prompts

There is actually an FPS unlocker to fix those issues.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Transformers:_War_for_Cybertron#High_frame_rate

The Jedi Knight Collection is now 66% off ($6.80), too.

Nice to see they fixed that little oversight.

DW8: May 13

---

TECMO KOEI America today announced that the tactical action game DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: XTREME LEGENDS COMPLETE EDITION will be available for PC via Steam on May 13, 2014. This marks the first time the hit game will be released for the PC in North America and Europe.

“We are excited to at last bring DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: XTREME LEGENDS COMPLETE EDITION to PC players,” said Amos Ip, SVP and General Manager of TECMO KOEI America. “The series has had a longstanding, dedicated fan base, and with the enhanced graphics and higher frame rates possible for PC we’re confident DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: XTREME LEGENDSCOMPLETE EDITION will be a beautiful and fulfilling tactical action experience.”

DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: XTREME LEGENDS COMPLETE EDITION for PC (Steam), PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, is a treat for DYNASTY WARRIORS fans. The Complete Edition includes all of the content from both DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 and DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: XTREME LEGENDS, thus giving new fans the opportunity to play through both titles.

DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: XTREME LEGENDS COMPLETE EDITION has been rated T for Teen by the ESRB and is available for suggested retail prices of $59.99 for the PlayStation 4 and $39.99 for the PlayStation Vita. The PC version will be available in North America via Steam on May 13, 2014. For more information visit: http://www.tecmokoeiamerica.com/dw8xl/ and Follow DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 on: www.facebook.com/koeigames and https://twitter.com/TecmoKoeiUS.

PC minimum requirements:

Operating system: Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1
CPU: Intel Core i7 860 Processor or Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.4GHz (faster recommended)
Memory: 512MB of RAM (1GB+ recommended)
Hard drive space: 18GB
Video card: VRAM256MB (512MB+ recommended)
3D acceleration corresponding to Pixel Shader 3.0 and above
DirectX 9.0c
Gamepad compatible

Nice! As long as online co-op is in, I'll be picking this up.

bengraven

Seriously, Activision, why do you keep an iron 25% fist on the early COD games?

I'm not paying more than 10 bucks for COD2.

Does anyone know of any site (store or trading) where I can get the LEGO Star Wars and Indy games for a decent price? I found one selling all 4 games for 22 keys but that's a bit high in my opinion.

EDIT: I should mention for Steam. Not what GameFly is currently offering.

Grief.exe

Seriously, Activision, why do you keep an iron 25% fist on the early COD games?

I'm not paying more than 10 bucks for COD2.

i34rakHYr5gJX.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom