• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunaniem

Last night I dreamt this happened. Why did my dream have to come true. :(

Edit: The store page is still up (re-added after being removed) so I'm guessing the developer will be given a second chance a la The War Z.

Maybe you could try contacting the dev directly for a key?

Hey Dark Souls 2 peoples:

There's a treasure I can see, sort of above McDuff's shop in The Lost Bastille... it's a body and you can see it as you head towards his shop from the bonfire that the hawk drops you off at... but I cannot seem to figure out how the heck to get anywhere near that spot -- I see no ladders or anything...

Sorry if this has been answered, last page, but little farther up you'll see an area you have to jump across to get some treasure. Jump, get it, then fall down on the precipice wall and hug it to that treasure. You prolly already got it, but whatever.

saunderez

My first giveaway - enjoy! (or don't...your call)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Lococycle -- MB-2EF404D1FF17E63F - Taken by Kiru

It's a shame the game isn't as involved as it could have been but the Force Unleashed 2 looks insane for a game that's nearly 4 years old. Not to mention how well implemented the euphoria elements are. Anyone know if there's a way to get bodies to stay longer though? Not looking forward to the terrible finale which has the worst boss in all of gaming though.

Bummer to think that Zynga bought national motion :/

Also, one last star wars question. Was playing Outlast and activated the famous dismemberment cheat but it's not working as it should. Only hands and arms come off, not heads/torsos, etc like all the videos show. Obviously something is messed up but what?

Sajjaja

Hey guys, I've noticed that some of the achievements for Darksiders did not register even though I completed them. Is it safe to use SAM to alter that or what? Not a big deal but just curious.

mrgone

It's great. Who wouldn't like a game where you play a cyberdragon who destroys demonic rocket chainsaws with tractor beam flamethrowers, drill missiles, and teleporting attack bears?

The controls are just tight and responsive and you can mix and match all kinds of weapons and abilities. There's a demo here if you want to try. I've been pretty single-handedly maintaining the NeoGaf thread, a bunch of GIFs and webms there.

I just spent more than an hour playing the demo and I'm really impressed. It's a lot like Geometry Wars where it initially feels like swarming chaos but as you become more able to parse what's going on it just gets more addictive. Super fun and I havn't even made it through Mars yet. Definitely picking this one up.

Kiru

Hey guys, I've noticed that some of the achievements for Darksiders did not register even though I completed them. Is it safe to use SAM to alter that or what? Not a big deal but just curious.
Not register on Steam you mean?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Theoretically, there's a risk, but in practice not so much. Flip a coin.

saunderez

Thank you! Great first giveaway, because I never would have bought the bundle just for this game. :D

No probs. I bought it for Collateral, the rest of them that I don't own are just bonuses. I may have another giveaway later because I've got a feeling I already own Race Injection.

Deques

I know that the first game has achievement unlocking bug. Does the second also have the bug?

GAF dark theme is still broken for me, any way to fix it?

Also Enemy Starfighter reminded me, what was that other space fighter game in development, which looked liked earlier 2d sprite based space sims, only in HD and with an insane number of sprites.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh Bound by Flame is a Spiders game... Makes sense I guess, but it definitely means I'm waiting for a sale. I actually enjoyed Mars War Log (haven't finished yet) but the 2ish hours I played of Of Orcs and Men I didn't really enjoy, I thought using both characters was badly implemented and the gameplay was poor. But both were definitely janky, nothing I want to play full price for

Milamber

GAF dark theme is still broken for me, any way to fix it?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/index.php?&styleid=40

Oh Bound by Flame is a Spiders game... Makes sense I guess, but it definitely means I'm waiting for a sale. I actually enjoyed Mars War Log (haven't finished yet) but the 2ish hours I played of Of Orcs and Men I didn't really enjoy, I thought using both characters was badly implemented and the gameplay was poor. But both were definitely janky, nothing I want to play full price for

Do they dabble in nudity? Bound by Flame looks like it may have nudity. Not sure.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Do they dabble in nudity? Bound by Flame looks like it may have nudity. Not sure.

I didn't see any in Mars or Orcs and Men, and I doubt their Sherlock Holmes games have any (maybe undead bodies I dunno)

ZJx9j4o.jpg

Just beat Dark Souls II, took me 31 hours total, such a great game.

Enjoy
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ignite -- MB-34274ADC5FEDFECD - Taken by BorntoPlay
Metal Drift -- MB-575FC79564A4AC48 - Taken by Blablurn

Mozendo

Just beat Tomb Raider 2013.
The game is really really pretty.
That's about the only good thing the game did really well.

JaseC

I'm kicking myself for not buying either of the bundles Planet Stronghold was a part of. How could I drop the ball so hard. :(

Deques

I'm kicking myself for not buying either of the bundles Planet Stronghold was a part of. How could I drop the ball so hard. :(

You probably get a second or third chance :) Games that have been bundle seems to have tendency to be bundle regularly. But you probably know that XD

Just traded for a 90% off FaeVerse coupon!

Do tell, game looks like a betterindie Mass Effect.

eh its 80% dating sim/visual novel 20% turnbased combat, with like very minimal rpg or strategy elements. this could be a flash game for intents and purposes. combat is literally just hitting whatever the game tells you you damage the most. I would say the only similarity it has to mass effect is it inherited ME1's clunky menu and inventory system.

im not sure who the target audience is, because neither the combat or the story is particularly good. The dialogue reminds me of a bad flash game where the choices are like "side with x" "side with y" and then its 3 am and you realize youre reading a fictional argument between two sexualized avatars and contemplating which you want to be romantic with. its just a mess. but...cards!

Knurek

im not sure who the target audience is, because neither the combat or the story is particularly good. The dialogue reminds me of a bad flash game where the choices are like "side with x" "side with y" and then its 3 am and you realize youre reading a fictional argument between two sexualized avatars and contemplating which you want to be romantic with. its just a mess. but...cards!

So, uhh, exactly like Mass Effect?

JaseC

Spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

The Cat Lady -- MB-7444301589575B96 - Taken by factorone

JaseC

2K has begun work on Civ4's Steamworks patch (well, Beyond the Sword's one, at least).

I seem to recall a banner on the groupees homepage soliciting users to curate bundles. Maybe this guy stepped up?

Yeah, the banner says "A member of the Groupees community".

JaseC

I know that you're hoping for Company of Heroes situation here, but objectively speaking - what are our chances of +1 here?

Non-existent. I'm guessing the reason Sega made the Steam version of Company of Heroes a separate app is because it hadn't yet been granted access to the originals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom