• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

Non-existent. I'm guessing the reason Sega made the Steam version of Company of Heroes a separate app is because it hadn't yet been granted access to the originals.

So, -1 (or more if you count the Mac versions of expansions)? Boo to that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
racing games

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ignite -- MB-4896BC51F6A41C84 - Taken by Chairmanchuck
Race Injection -- MB-7062B014B60434A9 - Taken by Alduin - Taken by Alduin
Metal Drift -- MB-A7FBD5341BA32D48 - Taken by Evrain

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, -1 (or more if you count the Mac versions of expansions)? Boo to that.

The Mac apps I'm curious about. This is the first time the Civ4 games will have been worked on in yonks and so it may deemed appropriate to ditch them in favour of rolling the data and config info into what's presently just the Windows app, like every other SteamPlay game that isn't part of the GTA 3 trilogy.

Arthea

No bonuses for a new groupies bundle?
I bought it and only after noticed...
I hope it's not a new trend, they just forgot this one time.

Dr Dogg

Urrgghh don't know if this is a blessing or a curse.

So downloaded Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes during the night and thought I'd give it the quick 5 min boot for a net gain of 20p only to be greeted by a dialog box "Failed to contact key server". Checked the store page and there's no message on there saying Steam are out of keys. Lots of grumpy people on the Community Hub but not the old forums with a multitude of problems but not resolutions. Checked my connection and all is good and can retrieve keys from other stuff I haven't launched yet.

Now I play the waiting game to see if Support will get back to me by Saturday.

aku:jiki

Ajay is so confident in his selection of RPG Maker games that he doesn't need a bonus game!

Also, Microsoft just sent me a papercraft birthday cake I'm supposed to print out and tweet to their support as proof so they can send me a happy birthday tweet. I feel so rewarded as a customer, especially considering it's not my birthday.

Arthea

Is there any site that can tell me how much time I need to invest in every game that I haven't finished? About 200, I think lol
Thinking of doing shorter ones first as I can't decide what to play at all again
not to mention I still haven't finished X-2 HD

didn't they have those before, community bundles, they all had bonuses, as far as I can remember.
Let's hope you are right, though

They had community bundles with sending in games etc.

But i think its the first time where one guy from the community was in charge for making a bundle.

Revenge: Rhobar's Myth looks like the only game thats interesting in that bundle.

Arthea

www.howlongtobeat.com

Though it only lists individual Games IIRC.

somehow forgot about this site, I'll try that, thanks

They had community bundles with sending in games etc.

But i think its the first time where one guy from the community was in charge for making a bundle.

Revenge: Rhobar's Myth looks like the only game thats interesting in that bundle.

ya, I bought this bundle for Revenge: Rhobar's Myth, seems interesting and I never heard of it too.

Dr Dogg

I really hope this means that the Mac versions of Civ4 disappear from my library! >_>

Noooooo my Mac play time will disappear to! I actually think I've played twice as much vanilla Civ IV on Mac than all the PC variants of Civ IV on Windows.

Edit: Actually that's a pack of lies as it's currently 22 hours on Win and 7 hours on Mac.

JaseC

I really hope this means that the Mac versions of Civ4 disappear from my library! >_>

It's baffling that Valve hasn't just updated Steam to look to the oslist flag of apps to determine whether or not to show them as this would fix the issue without 2K having to remove them. My game count remains the same and Mac versions disappear from the Windows client -- everybody wins. ;)

Saty

Early Access game 50% off? Not sure how to feel about it and more importantly how previous owners of Dream feel about it. Isn't the point getting early, watch it grow and later releases will cost a bit more? Here it's flipped, you still get to experience the game at WIP but paying way less for that.

Early Access game 50% off? Not sure how to feel about it and more importantly how previous owners of Dream feel about it. Isn't the point getting early, watch it grow and later releases will cost a bit more? Here it's flipped, you still get to experience the game at WIP but paying way less for that.

Nothing really new. A lot of early access Games had a discount before, whether it was sooner or later.

Arthea

Also http://www.gamelengths.com/

And a couple more that extimate the amount of time needed to finish all of your Steam games library

http://www.steamcompletionist.net/
http://steamplaytime.appspot.com/

Estimated hours to beat all main stories:
8133.10 - Progress: 14.75%

:\
and steam told me I had 24% completion rate

What exactly does it mean for Civ 4? I mean why add steamworks now? Isn't it sorta too late?

JaseC

Speaking of Dream, it's the second game I've noticed that has gone up in price without the developers stating this would happen as part of the Early Access pitch, which I don't like in the face of the vast majority of other developers being upfront about such intentions.

JaseC

:\
and steam told me I had 24% completion rate

Steam's completion rate represents the average amount of achievements you've earned per game (games you've not played aren't factored into it),

What exactly does it mean for Civ 4? I mean why add steamworks now? Isn't it sorta too late?

CivIV uses GameSpy for its MP.

Edit: Bah, forgot to switch tabs.

Arthea

Speaking of Dream, it's the second game I've noticed that has gone up in price without the developers stating this would happen as part of the Early Access pitch, which I don't like in the face of the vast majority of other developers being upfront about such intentions.

wait, Dream went up in price? When did that happen? I haven't even noticed. I was considering buying it, when it was added, but decided against it, being EA and all. I thought price will drop over the time, not go up.

Deques

Looks like there are 184 Early Access games at the moment.
I wonder how many games have are fully released after they have been in Early Access. Can't think of any right now

wait, Dream went up in price? When did that happen? I haven't even noticed. I was considering buying it, when it was added, but decided against it, being EA and all. I thought price will drop over the time, not go up.

Games are usually cheaper when they are an EA game. The price goes up when they are fully released

Edit: EA games that are released:

ARMA 3
Betrayer
Blackguards
BlackSoul: Extended Edition
Don't Starve
Ghost Recon Online
Insurgency
Mercenary Kings
Sir, you are being hunted
State of Decay
The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot
War of The Vikings

I add more when we know more :)

JaseC

It went up a couple of bucks ($14.99 -> $16.99) back in March. The other game I referred to is Kenshi ($15.99 -> $19.99).

I wonder how many games have are fully released after they have been in Early Access. Can't think of any right now

I haven't been keeping track, but ARMA 3 was the first to leave Early Access.

MUnited83

For you.

Games are usually cheaper when they are an EA game. The price goes up when they are fully released

Edit: EA games that are released:

ARMA 3
Mercenary Kings

I add more when we know more :)
Don't Starve
Betrayer
Insurgency

Dr Dogg

Don't Starve is the only that comes to mind. Saying that Klei's other game Invisible Ink is going to hit Early Access soon and is already in alpha if you buy it from their site so the rate they go through changes that might be two very soon. I'm sure there are others.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
State of Decay was in Early Access too, got fully released in November

Edit: And War of The Vikings

Deques

Not necessary, I vaguely remember that some games went out of paid EA being f2p (><)

That's why I said usually :p

The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot was a paid EA game but and turned into f2p game

There are some games that get cheaper after they leave beta/EA. And there are also some games that get more expensive when they leave beta/EA

Dr Dogg

Not necessary, I vaguely remember that some games went out of paid EA being f2p (><)

I can remember HAWKEN limiting beta participation to only folks who had bought that crazy expensive rewards tier package but went back to open on release. You can understand why as they didn't want to get swamped during testing.

The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot did something similar didn't it?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I suspect Blade Symphony will die pretty soon. It has a 39.6 player average on Steamcharts. Not gonna bother with multiplayer only games unless they are really, really cheap. Learned my lesson from War of The Vikings that I preordered and it is already dead despite being a few weeks old

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom