• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I would love to see that too.
Spoiler alert regarding to Ezio's Story:
so at the end when he died of old age (god bless his heart) his wife decided to hide the letter from his childrens and hid them of their true heritage as assassins. So I wouldn't mind having a game around Ezio's childrens.

I mean, sooner or later they're going to have to go to an Asian setting. Please be Feudal Japan... You can really tell that they reusing a lot of assets from Unity for Syndicate. Most of the buildings look basically the same with minor differences to fit in with the setting.

They're getting lazier in my book. "Let's do another western setting, reused old assets so we can pump out another game in a year!"

Amir0x once suggested Babylon, which I think is a good idea.

JaseC

It was pretty cheap a few months back when I picked it up on Origin.

I played through the first level or so and liked it.

I think I bought it on Amazon. I distinctly remember The Saboteur being the one and only game I snapped up from Origin's own store back during OS3874XVC-gate.

Speaking of free games, though, I still chuckle to myself whenever I think of this. And, yes, the fact that Wheelman is on there is immensely frustrating. :(

Backlogger

I think I bought it on Amazon. I distinctly remember The Saboteur being the one and only game I snapped up from Origin's own store back during OS3874XVC-gate.

Speaking of free games, though, I still chuckle to myself whenever I think of this. And, yes, the fact that Wheelman is on there is immensely frustrating. :(

Ever since the original Origin Humble Bundle I have warmed up to buying stuff on their store when its on the cheap, but I mean it needs to be cheap, like no more than $5 and it has to be an EA game that is only on Origin.

JaseC

The only Team17 sale I want to see is "Worms 2 now on Steam; 50% off for first week". Worms Armageddon is better in virtually if not literally every way, but 2 has a special place in my heart as it was the first game I ever played online.

Shadownet

Banned
They... have?
Not in a main game, but they have =p
I enjoy Chronicles but it doesn't really count. Btw I thought they were going to do Russia and something else too? When are those mini asscreed games coming out?
Amir0x once suggested Babylon, which I think is a good idea.
I am okay with this as well.

... or they could make another PoP ... damn, how I wish they would actually make a new PoP ....
I am super okay with this. Its been way too long.

Maniac

Banned
Sorry I must have confused the two. I meant Stump. I knew someone on here keep a list of kickstarter projects. I thought it was Grief for some reason.

I could never understand why ozium even advertise that mediocre Dragon Game. Overhyped to hell, now only one person on my friend's list own it. And its not JaseC.

Well unfortunately, the new me is saving money so I can go visit my girlfriend in the summer. I'm planning on a proposal as well. So I'm trying to save every pennies I can.

I just got a new job 4 weeks ago. Once I start making more money, the old Shadownet will be back. (Well somewhat, since Russian Bear is still M.I.A.)

On a different note, I gave Kingdom of Amalur a try last night. For some reason, I'm enjoying it ALOT more than I when I first originally played it on PS3 and 7 months ago on PC. I'm tolerating the item degradation. I usually hate that in RPGs.

Maybe this is another "Red Dead Redemption" moment for me. Played a game, hated it. Come back later, loved it.

Did you have one of your hands amputee'd? I mean, why else would it be far enough away to actually have to "visit" it? :'3

Will PLASTICA-MAN ever look just one page back to get the answer to his question?

Tune in next week to find out ....

Nothing that confirms this update is dedicated to The Witcher 3 to improve its performance. That is why I asked this question, whther someone ahs concrete infos. We will see.

AHA-Lambda

Urgh, the last couple of levels for Not A Hero are BS, filled with surprise spawning one hit kill enemies, it's just trial n error no skill involved >_<

Nabs

Urgh, the last couple of levels for Not A Hero are BS, filled with randomly spawning one hit kill enemies, it's just trial n error no skill involved >_<

Those were some of my favorite levels. I had a lot of fun planning out my attack and running through them with Cletus.

I completely disagree with the no skill comment.

AHA-Lambda

Those were some of my favorite levels. I had a lot of fun planning out my attack and running through them with Cletus.

I completely disagree with the no skill comment.

Ok, no skill is probably wrong I'm just frustrated but trial error is a definite for me in the later levels.

I had to switch to Cletus for day 20, I mained Steve through the rest so far, not attempted day 21 yet.

Nete

So I see that Halfway is on sale at Humble Bundle and it looks very enticing.

As a Xcom fan, is it a good game?

Is a good game, but it lacks diversity in a lot of things (items, enemies for the most part of the game.. the characters would be nice with more abilities too). It will give you around 16-18 hours of playtime. At that price, is a great deal.

And that music.

Chariot

Mhm, Gog Galaxy just straight up stopped tracking my progress. My W2 stats are stuck at 4 hours and no achievements (not even 'finish the prologue'). Not that I care that much, but it's a good confirmation for me not to use it if I am not forced to.

They released a beta driver for GTAV when it came out, I hope they start doing that with more games, TW3 included...

https://twitter.com/amd_roy/status/599565321167474689

@amd_roy @AMDRadeon When Will be new driver AMD for The Witcher 3??

@Diablotex12 @AMDRadeon next week. :)

Seems like they will release a new (probably Beta) driver next week...someone else asked about a new driver for Project CARS and he said next week to that as well so it seems like this driver will be for both games going by that

JaseC

I think Portal 2's announcement ARG was a bit of an experiment to see how important "traditional" announcement venues are in the here and now. Needless to say that the "game" gained a lot of traction and so I'd be surprised if Valve ever announces another title at a press event. Plus major Valve game releases are so far between that the whole "It's too hard!" reasoning that permeates the answer to "Why did this sale's meta-game suck?" can't apply -- physical distribution aside, since literally every facet of development is self-managed, Valve has all the time (and money) in the world to put together a little something something.

JaseC

2015-05-1620_26_24-na67ssg.png

Kojima takes the stage only to awkwardly explain that he is no longer involved with TPP's development and has no knowledge of Konami's marketing plans, then exits.

JaseC

You are a cruel human being, JASEC!

You also forgot Gabe coming on the stage to announce Velve will developt hats for MG:O.

Haha, I ignored the Gabe mention because:

I think Portal 2's announcement ARG was a bit of an experiment to see how important "traditional" announcement venues are in the here and now. Needless to say that the "game" gained a lot of traction and so I'd be surprised if Valve ever announces another title at a press event. Plus major Valve game releases are so far between that the whole "It's too hard!" reasoning that permeates the answer to "Why did this sale's meta-game suck?" can't apply -- physical distribution aside, since literally every facet of development is self-managed, Valve has all the time (and money) in the world to put together a little something something.

When THQ was on the chopping block I'd occasionally joke that Valve should buy its distribution network so it can be entirely self-sufficient.

https://twitter.com/amd_roy/status/599565321167474689

@amd_roy @AMDRadeon When Will be new driver AMD for The Witcher 3??

@Diablotex12 @AMDRadeon next week. :)

Seems like they will release a new (probably Beta) driver next week...someone else asked about a new driver for Project CARS and he said next week to that as well so it seems like this driver will be for both games going by that

Awesome, thanks for posting that.

Shadownet

Banned
So I saw that a GTX 970 will be able to handle Witcher 3 at max setting, 1080p and 60fps. But you won't be able to run it like that if you have that hair thing on? I forgot the name of it. I mean it's a small compromise if I have to live without luscious hair.

Dsyndrome

On a different note, I gave Kingdom of Amalur a try last night. For some reason, I'm enjoying it ALOT more than I when I first originally played it on PS3 and 7 months ago on PC. I'm tolerating the item degradation. I usually hate that in RPGs.

Maybe this is another "Red Dead Redemption" moment for me. Played a game, hated it. Come back later, loved it.
Just wait until you max out experience and skills way before the end of the game. That's why I never finished it.
Mhm, Gog Galaxy just straight up stopped tracking my progress. My W2 stats are stuck at 4 hours and no achievements (not even 'finish the prologue'). Not that I care that much, but it's a good confirmation for me not to use it if I am not forced to.
Achievements aren't active yet for that game, they'll have to update the executable, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom