• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Humble said:
Region-Locking in the Humble Nindie Bundle

We recently launched the Humble Nindie Bundle, a digital bundle for the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems. For many of you, the bundle is region-locked, and we apologize if the games are unavailable in your country.

One of the reasons we launched the first Humble Bundle was to bring indie games to more people. We agree that region-locking is not ideal. But without it, we may not have had this opportunity to promote these great indie games on dedicated video game platforms.

Our goal is to make games as universally accessible as can be. That’s why, while we strive to sell DRM-free games when possible, we also explore services like Steam, Origin, uPlay, and now the Nintendo eShop. These services allow us to offer more games at pay-what-you-want prices while raising more money for charity and reaching more gamers.

Your feedback helps us craft our bundles, so we thank you for your input and your continued support! We will continue to strive to be as inclusive as possible to all platforms, regions, and players in the future.

"Our goal is to make games as universally accessible as can be" ... by locking out most of the world from our bundle

sprinkles

I want to play Witcher 3.
I want to play Akiba's Trip.
I also want to play Phantom Breaker.
And tomorrow is Nep-Nep day.

Fuck me.
#FirstWorldProblems
I did not even beat Rebirth1 yet and play more Gwent than the real Witcher game. And I bought so many Visual Novels over the last months which I haven't even begun to read... How to finish all these games?

oh and I bought Phantom Breaker as well and totally forgot about that game.

That's about what I figured, though I recalled someone on twitter (Chet?) commenting that they most he'd be involved with anything at a certain trade show would be for VR purposes. I couldn't recall if that was E3 or something that had already happened this year.

What he said is he'll be at E3 (even though he always wants to avoid it) and if anyone knows of good VR demos, point him towards those. And that he'll be there nomad style.
https://twitter.com/chetfaliszek/status/598222551060451328

Valve isn't on the exhibitors list, neither is HTC, so any Vive presence at E3 will be maybe through devs announcing stuff for it. Maybe. I think Alienware is exhibiting, so the Alpha and a Steam controller could be there.. or not, maybe, who knows.

Currently the only way I can see Valve doing anything at E3 is if they make a surprise appearance at one of the pressers, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Asgaro

Gonna be a calm sale this time for me. Doubt the ones I'd like will drop to good enough prices. No worries though. Plenty games wait to be played.

I had a few epiphanies around New Year and as a result nearly completely stopped buying games till now.

One being that I should reschedule my free time: more going out the house to do social stuff and sports, versus gaming.
The second being: that I'll never be able to complete all the games I want while still being happy with my life overall. As a result I still try to conquer it more or less by simply not buying games anymore - except when they are in veeery good deals - and playing my current games.
That way I still allow both goals to be achieved.

So this applies for me now all the time lol.
cutting_edge.png

Look at that sudden drop in purchases :p

(Darkest Dungeon was something I already backed and I received the key for it.
Bioshock Infinite went for the first time under € 5. Or at least I hadn't encountered it that low before myself.)

Chariot

There's treasure hunt quest on Skellige called "Ruins, Hidden Treasure, You Know...".

lol
The boss of the novigrad Fight Club is
Durden the Taylor
. The game just bursts with references, it's great.

I did not even beat Rebirth1 yet and play more Gwent than the real Witcher game. And I bought so many Visual Novels over the last months which I haven't even begun to read... How to finish all these games?

oh and I bought Phantom Breaker as well and totally forgot about that game.
We need a hyperbolic timechamber!

Lomax

Honestly earlier in June makes more sense for the Summer sale in terms of dividing up the year evenly by the major sales.

Phinor

Operation Flashpoint in a 'run and gun' bundle? That doesn't sound right...

It's the two Codemasters made games in that bundle. Run and gun isn't too far from the truth. Also the games aren't... great. Might not even be worth playing for free. At least there's an FOV fix available now, previously the games were unplayable if you suffered from low FOV because those games had dreadful FOV.

Vamphuntr

What's the big fuss about the Hatred? The first time I've seen it mentioned is in the twitch banning adult game thread but I've been looking around the web and some people seems offended by it.

wilflare

so I'm trying to get Downsampling working in DOTA2
turns out if I turn on Borderless Windowed, DSR can't work? (but it does in LiS)

Chariot

What's the big fuss about the Hatred? The first time I've seen it mentioned is in the twitch banning adult game thread but I've been looking around the web and some people seems offended by it.
Some people are taken back by the mindless slaughtering of innocence as core gameplay. In msot games you have a reason to kill, even if it's shallow and games like GTA merely allow you to kill the innocent, but not force you to do it. Hatred however is nothing but killing the innocent as gruesome as possible, executing those who pledge for mercy under tears.

Shadownet

Banned
that's ok .... it's not like anyone reads my posts anyway ..........
Its almost the month to start ignoring you and read Turf's posts instead. Gotta switch it up to keep thing fresh.
------------
Step foot into the Batman 7 mins gameplay thread. People will complain about virtually anything.
No matter how small it is.

From the new Batman Arkham Knight trailer.

tlpzyl.gif

Vehicular combat looks much more different than I imagined.

neuiuf.gif

For having a no-kill-rule, bat sure doesn't care much about civilians dying in traffic :p

czudmg.gif

Character design and animations are nop-notch.

that's ok .... it's not like anyone reads my posts anyway ..........

Most people don't read anyone's posts. They blindly walk in here and post without thinking under the impression that their question/thought/news/post/whatever is the only thing of importance in the universe at that very second. :lol

From the new Batman Arkham Knight trailer.

tlpzyl.gif

Vehicular combat looks much more different than I imagined.

neuiuf.gif

For having a no-kill-rule, bat sure doesn't care much about civilians dying in traffic :p

It's never seemed more appropriate than now...

ADDING THE BATMOBILE WAS A MISTAKE, IT'S NOTHING BUT TRASH.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Most people don't read anyone's posts. They blindly walk in here and post without thinking under the impression that their question/thought/news/post/whatever is the only thing of importance in the universe at that very second. :lol

well yeah ... but Veggie even quoted my post with the news literally one page back .... ugh

I thought it was raising money for charity?

charity? bah .... ;)

Shadownet

Banned
Some guy in the other thread literally said the guy that did Batman voice from Arkham Origin was better than Kevin motherfudgin Conroy.

I can't deal with that right now.

Those downsampled shots from the PC screenshot topic will be glorious.
Trailer stated "all captured running from the PS4 version" and it looked pretty good.

Wonder what PC version will have more besides AA. It's very dense so view distance wouldn't be that visible most of time + map doesn't seem to be going for extreme largeness.

Vamphuntr

Some people are taken back by the mindless slaughtering of innocence as core gameplay. In msot games you have a reason to kill, even if it's shallow and games like GTA merely allow you to kill the innocent, but not force you to do it. Hatred however is nothing but killing the innocent as gruesome as possible, executing those who pledge for mercy under tears.

Yeah I've watched the videos on the official website. Yikes. I was expecting a Manhunt clone reading the twitch thread but this is worse.

Turfster

hey so did qloc mess up revelations 2 and the re5 steam conversion? I'm hearing that's the case over at gaming

I played through RE5 last week, and it was a shitshow full of broken AI pathfinding.

hopefully minus will get its shit figured out and we can go back to it

Fuck minus and their "you want to install our random shitty chat app, right? here!" bullshit

finally back home from Taiwan
did this bundle ever have a pre-purchase/reserve price? :O

Yes, 1.25$ iirc

Daily Distant Worlds Universe 50% off
Weekend
  • The Escapists 33% off
  • Evolve 40% off
  • Chivalry 80% off FREE WEEKEND

Nabs

Some guy in the other thread literally said the guy that did Batman voice from Arkham Origin was better than Kevin motherfudgin Conroy.

I can't deal with that right now.

He's actually right. Conroy sounds kind of bored in the latest video.

Does seem pretty destructive. At least they're not destroying Metropolis and expecting folks to rebuild in anything less than 10 years like in Man of Steel.
Haha. Totally forgot about that movie. It was cool when the train derailed in the small village but at the end... wut. Whole city is turned to ruble. Hah.

MUnited83

For you.
dat VN bundle is the absolute lewdest bundle ever.

How hard would you study if a good GPA could take you to a sex paradise?

Kazushi and his buddies are fed up with their poor grades and boring high school life.

Just when their sex crave was ready to burst out, they found out about the exchange student program to a girls high school on an isolated island: A ticket to sex paradise!

Shadownet

Banned
He's actually right. Conroy sounds kind of bored in the latest video.
I don't really think so. But even if that was the case. I think Conroy amass enough street creds that he shouldn't be passed over by some no-name.

That's like saying you would rather take Dan Marino over Joe Montana.

The dude is good, great even. But he's no Montana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom