• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
The girlfriend and I watched all 4 available episodes of the new Twin Peaks.

Fucking. Amazing.

This has indicated to me that I truly need to watch David Lynch's other movies. Because all I've seen are Fire Walk With Me (which took a few viewings for me to truly appreciate) and Dune (which I barely remember).

Need to get on that Mulholland Drive, Blue Velvet, Eraserhead, Lost Highway, etc. shiz like NOW.

I want a Twin Peaks vidja game, plz. Or a Deadly Premonition/Twin Peaks crossover event. Alan Wake can show up, too.

zkylon

zkylewd
The girlfriend and I watched all 4 available episodes of the new Twin Peaks.

Fucking. Amazing.

This has indicated to me that I truly need to watch David Lynch's other movies. Because all I've seen are Fire Walk With Me (which took a few viewings for me to truly appreciate) and Dune (which I barely remember).

Need to get on that Mulholland Drive, Blue Velvet, Eraserhead, Lost Highway, etc. shiz like NOW.

I want a Twin Peaks vidja game, plz. Or a Deadly Premonition/Twin Peaks crossover event. Alan Wake can show up, too.
be forewarned, david lynch movies aren't quite exactly like twin peaks

there's no cooper to root for or crazy eyepatch lady shenanigans or none of that

it's often times just weird ass shit that doesn't really make any sense and just makes you uncomfortable

with that out of the way, i do like blue velvet quite a lot, and i've enjoyed the rest of him i've watched, specially mulholland drive

i would advise against inland empire since that movie is kind of bad imo

i am kind of scarred from listening to this girl from my film class talking on and on about how amazing david lynch is, to the point i stopped taking the subway home just to keep myself from listening to her

sadly i ended up just walking home with this other girl that had the same issue with tim burton....

Corpekata

Banned

there's no cooper to root for or crazy eyepatch lady shenanigans or none of that

it's often times just weird ass shit that doesn't really make any sense and just makes you uncomfortable

with that out of the way, i do like blue velvet quite a lot, and i've enjoyed the rest of him i've watched, specially mulholland drive

i am kind of scarred from listening to this girl from my film class talking on and on about how amazing david lynch is, to the point i stopped taking the subway home just to keep myself from listening to her

sadly i ended up just walking home with this other girl that had the same issue with tim burton....

The new series of Twin Peaks is much more in line with his film works so far (both the good and bad).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm playing way too much moba again recently. Next up ill develop arachnophobia or something.

The new series of Twin Peaks is much more in line with his film works so far (both the good and bad).

I love the original Twin Peaks, and since we're only 4 episodes into the new one, it's hard to say how it truly matches up. But as of right now, I'm like super onboard with it. So I'm assuming I will indeed enjoy his movies then, too, since they apparently share some similarities hah :p

Fire Walk With Me didn't click for me nearly right away like the series did, but after several watchings, I'm definitely a fan. These new episodes have clicked immediately for me.

zkylon

zkylewd
i like david lynch, but that's kinda disappointing

i won't say anything bad about fire walk with me but i prefer the less depressing and dire tone of the original series than the movie, so i was kinda hoping the series stuck to that

tbh i don't feel super compelled to watch the series even if i'm a pretty big fan

i don't think these kind of revival shows are for me, tho maybe it's more that i closed the chapter on twin peaks a long time ago and i don't really need this

actually i kind of loved THE SHIT out of that veronica mars movie so maybe it's not a old tv show revivals thing, it's just twin peaks that i don't really want more of

idk i might be going through a phase

this happens to me a lot -__-

I love the original Twin Peaks, and since we're only 4 episodes into the new one, it's hard to say how it truly matches up. But as of right now, I'm like super onboard with it. So I'm assuming I will indeed enjoy his movies then, too, since they apparently share some similarities hah :p

Fire Walk With Me didn't click for me nearly right away like the series did, but after several watchings, I'm definitely a fan. These new episodes have clicked immediately for me.
if you watched fire walk with me multiple times then you're more than ready for the rest of his stuff then lol

blue velvet is the best one imo, make sure you watch that one

^^^ That reminds me that I still need to see all of Veronica Mars. I *think* I caught most of the first two seasons or so, but I honestly don't really remember much of it anymore. And I definitely didn't see the movie.

Kristen Belllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll *swoon*

zkylon

zkylewd
^^^ That reminds me that I still need to see all of Veronica Mars. I *think* I caught most of the first two seasons or so, but I honestly don't really remember much of it anymore. And I definitely didn't see the movie.

Kristen Belllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll *swoon*
yeah veronica mars is great

it's one of those things i unabashedly adore in its absolute entirety

izombie is the same, those two shows just fill me with joy for some reason

I'm playing way too much moba again recently. Next up ill develop arachnophobia or something.
ye league is great

tho i'm on a break while i crunch on my game so you hold the torch for me

yeah veronica mars is great

it's one of those things i unabashedly adore in its absolute entirety

izombie is the same, those two shows just fill me with joy for some reason

ye league is great

tho i'm on a break while i crunch on my game so you hold the torch for me

Also need to catch up on iZombie. I believe I've seen the first two seasons (or maybe not quite all of season two) and definitely enjoyed it.

Tizoc

More memorable for having garbage sections

TASTE MY BIG BONER + fuckton of 2D levels = nah

Otherwise it's a decent RE4 clone
Those sections can be fixed by hqving better checkpoints or, by implementing a score system
Like implement a score system into shadows of the damned, turn those sections into parts where u dont get heavily penalized by performing badly and those sections go by fine imo

Ascheroth

Enters newest Switch thread of indie game that wants on in but no dev-kit.
"But Curation is good because Jim Sterling says that Steam has a problem with lots of garbage games."
This is the single most annoying narrative on the internet.

"But Curation is good because Jim Sterling says that Steam has a problem with lots of garbage games."

The funniest thing is Steam looks crap for Jim Sterling because he asked for it by making all these videos on shitty games.

Ascheroth

The funniest thing is Steam looks crap for Jim Sterling because he asked for it by making all these videos on shitty games.
Yeah, that's my go-to answer for those posts.

Person who voluntarily seeks out trash games gets recommended more trash games by the system. Shocking.

Yeah, that's my go-to answer for those posts.

Person who voluntarily seeks out trash games gets recommended more trash games by the system. Shocking.

I mean, I just look on the front page and what is it mades of ? Games recommanded because I played games with the following tags. Games recommanded by friends.
If the games you play have the tags "shovelware" "crap", dont be surprised to get the same.

Heck, there's even curators and research lists which adapts to your liking.

Uzzy

Jim Sterling was wrong, continues to be wrong and will be wrong in the future. Dangerously so.

Pixieking

Banned
Anyone with the modding power who can edit the post saying that the glitch not working anymore?

It still seems to be working for me, in the sense that I'm still getting occasional drops for games when I close-out of Idlemaster, even under the 2 hour point. I've never tried the script for AutoHotKey, though, so can't say whether that part of it still works.

Deques

It still seems to be working for me, in the sense that I'm still getting occasional drops for games when I close-out of Idlemaster, even under the 2 hour point. I've never tried the script for AutoHotKey, though, so can't say whether that part of it still works.

When was the last time you refunded a game?
Have you tried to skip games manually to see if you get instant card drops?

Pixieking

Banned
When was the last time you refunded a game?
Have you tried to skip games manually to see if you get instant card drops?

I haven't refunded a game since August 2016. I idle for cards as soon as I can, and the only game I've currently got with cards is Starpoint Gemini 2, so can't skip games.

zkylon

zkylewd
tried a bit of 80 days, i like that game quite a lot

it reminds me a lot of sunless sea a lot, just very simple dynamic storytelling with enough side mechanics to push you to making choices that create more stories for you to get into

with sunless sea i discovered i liked that type of games quite a lot, and specially so in that setting, the mix of cosmic horror and sort of absurdist humor was really enjoyable for me and the game had such a huge array of directions to go it was really a completely new story every time you played it

here, it seems a bit more stripped down, which makes it a lot more relaxed and i can't really complain. this setting is also very interesting and the writing is great. there's a bit of wonky ui stuff but for the most part it's ok, and it cuts a lot of sunless sea's downtime

it's a lot more focused and i really like that

someone should come up with a name for these types of games

MaxiLive

Does anyone know of the best way for a UK peep to buy MGSV for $8?

Is VPN the best option? Or trying to find an american buddy to pick up the game for me?

I don't want my Humble account getting flagged for suspicious activity etc. Also does anyone know why it's not for sale in the UK is it region locked or something?

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member

Is VPN the best option? Or trying to find an american buddy to pick up the game for me?

I don't want my Humble account getting flagged for suspicious activity etc. Also does anyone know why it's not for sale in the UK is it region locked or something?

Did they get more keys?

I think the deal is dead. The price shows as $14.99 for me in the US.

Tizoc

tried a bit of 80 days, i like that game quite a lot

it reminds me a lot of sunless sea a lot, just very simple dynamic storytelling with enough side mechanics to push you to making choices that create more stories for you to get into

with sunless sea i discovered i liked that type of games quite a lot, and specially so in that setting, the mix of cosmic horror and sort of absurdist humor was really enjoyable for me and the game had such a huge array of directions to go it was really a completely new story every time you played it

here, it seems a bit more stripped down, which makes it a lot more relaxed and i can't really complain. this setting is also very interesting and the writing is great. there's a bit of wonky ui stuff but for the most part it's ok, and it cuts a lot of sunless sea's downtime

it's a lot more focused and i really like that

someone should come up with a name for these types of games
Text based adventure games
Theyve been around since the 70s i think
That is in terms of 80 days mind u

If Valve wanted to compete with Humble Bundle, they would allow an option to set a percentage of your sales to charity, on either the dev or the consumer side.

Idle Master glitch is still working for me. I just manually skipped through my game lists after a few seconds and received 10+ drops. Never refunded anything if it matters.

ezodagrom

i plan on getting a ryzen 5 1600 system in the fall Already bought a new case (phanteks entho primo ultimate) and PSU (EVGA SuperNova 650 P2). I plan on dragging all my HDs and SSD to the new system.

The big thing though, i am still on a 16x10 resolution monitor which is the main reason why i never bothered upgrading my cpu/gpu in years because it still runs most games pretty well. I am debating if i want to upgrade my monitor then.
I had a Ryzen 5 in mind before benchmarks appeared, but in the end I want to go Intel for the single thread performance.
Only things I have ready for the upgrade are the case, a GTX 1060 6GB, and a 2TB HDD for extra storage (planning on getting 2 SSDs, a smaller one for the system and a bigger one just for games).

I was also using a 16:10 monitor until a year ago, made the jump to a 1080p screen then, finally no more aspect ratio issues in games.

I've just part ways with that Phenom earlier this month.

The thing has served me for almost 8 years since 2010. These days, newer games just don't support Phenom's architecture anymore. So I really had no choice but to build a new PC from scratch. I hope my new cpu would last as long as my Phenom, or even longer. It's i5 7600.
Luckily I haven't had issues with games not supporting Phenom's architecture yet, though I don't play many newer games, or when I do get to play them, they've already been patched to support Phenoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom