• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Is this the usual Tuesday maintenance time? I'm usually not around when it happens so I actually never knew the exact time.

2KRM7E3.gif

SSPssp

Bought Vanquish on humble store still no key, do they usually send keys out early or on day of release?

Same here, I hope they get the keys tomorrow night. Its strange since other retailers already have the keys.

Edit: Yup, steam is down for me too.

Her Story from the Humble GameOn Bundle today. This is the first game I ever tried playing with my mom. She called the girl an Arabic word that basically means "silly."

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GrinningColossus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot within the last 3 months to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Her Story -- MB-18BB481841D6F380 - Taken by longlivegaming. 3 entrants total.

t1495585597z1.png

FoneBone

Another Humble Bundle, another game I already own:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FoneBone, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Her Story -- MB-708F0138568FF7A1 - Taken by White Wolf. 4 entrants total.

t1495585827z1.png

chronomac

Everyone's doing it

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Her Story -- MB-3397EDC01B4263BE - Taken by Regginator. 5 entrants total.

t1495586011z1.png

Kssio_Aug

i agree, aesthetically beautiful but gameplay was extremely boring. it's the main reason i still haven't bought transistor.

I have played a bit of Transistor on PS4, that I got from PS+ a time ago. Stopped playing after a while and didn't go back yet, but Baron von Loathsome is right about it being more interesting gameplay wise:

I found Transistor much more interesting in the gameplay department, my favorite non-Nintendo game of 2014. For reference, I wasn't a huge fan of Bastion, either.

I think Transistor gameplay is much better indeed. I may consider play it again, although it wasn't my favorite game either. But definitely better than Bastion.

jediyoshi

i agree, aesthetically beautiful but gameplay was extremely boring. it's the main reason i still haven't bought transistor.

I tried multiple times to get into Bastion and couldn't, Transistor was a much better time for me almost purely because of the characters and setting.

I found Transistor much more interesting in the gameplay department, my favorite non-Nintendo game of 2014. For reference, I wasn't a huge fan of Bastion, either.

I have played a bit of Transistor on PS4, that I got from PS+ a time ago. Stopped playing after a while and didn't go back yet, but Baron von Loathsome is right about it being more interesting gameplay wise:

I think Transistor gameplay is much better indeed. I may consider play it again, although it wasn't my favorite game either. But definitely better than Bastion.

I tried multiple times to get into Bastion and couldn't, Transistor was a much better time for me almost purely because of the characters and setting.

hmm, i suppose there's still hope after all. the gorgeous art has always made me want to get it, but bastion left such a bad taste. if the gameplay really is more fun than it was in bastion (which surely couldn't get any worse), i think i'll give it a try...

... next steam sale that is, it's 4 bucks pretty frequently

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
How much like Mark of the Ninja is this though?

It's not like Mark of the Ninja. It's closer to Gunpoint if we are making any comparison to another side scrolling game, and even then it's not right because it's all about strategy and picking the best course of action at the time.

For the real time stuff (2D side scroller sections) it's all tactical. Chose a place for one of your thieves to head to, react depending on what is possible in that location and what skills they have (you choose in the management) and what stats they have to allow it (stealth, attack, etc). It's not something you'll be able to just rush into action with, as with other stealth games, being seen can mean instant loss.

It's not like Mark of the Ninja. It's closer to Gunpoint if we are making any comparison to another side scrolling game, and even then it's not right because it's all about strategy and picking the best course of action at the time.

For the real time stuff (2D side scroller sections) it's all tactical. Chose a place for one of your thieves to head to, react depending on what is possible in that location and what skills they have (you choose in the management) and what stats they have to allow it (stealth, attack, etc). It's not something you'll be able to just rush into action with, as with other stealth games, being seen can mean instant loss.

okay, thanks.

BasilZero

Can't wait for Disgaea 5. But I've never played 3 or 4.... Will I need to have played them to understand anything. I've always felt like each Disgaea was practically their own standalone game hiding from how 1 and 2 played out.

Some aspects here and there like cameos and side mentions.

But main storyline wise nope.

Highly recommend the series especially if you like anime or SRPGs.

Finished Disgaea 1 on PS2 10+ years ago and recently finished the PC version but playing the extra modes right now. I did finish Disgaea 2 few years ago on PSP. Recently bought Disgaea Triple (Disgaea 3, Disgaea 4 and Disgaea D2) for my PS3 - will get to it soon.

Was planning to buy Disgaea 5 on PS4 originally, then Switch ver came out so planned to get it there but now that it will be coming out on PC for sure, I'll be getting it on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom