• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent. I missed the game when it was half off the other month.

Now I have the question, will this game be included in family sharing? Since it's not the most family friendly game I met on Steam.
wait so it doesn't have nudity? that's false advertising, valve -_-
i don't think people interested in that game are looking for a "good visual novel" lol
Well, people can try learning japanese for good and "stimulating" VNs.

zkylon

zkylewd
What's NEKOPARA? Why, it's a cat paradise!

Kashou Minaduki, the son of a long line of Japanese confection makers moved out to open his own shop "La Soleil" as a patisserie.

But upon moving out, hidden amongst his things were two of the catgirls ("neko"), Chocola and Vanilla, that the family had been raising. When he tried to send them back, they begged and pleaded until he gave in and now they've opened La Soleil together.

With two nekos who really, REALLY love their master trying their very best and occasionally failing -- a heartful comedy opens for business!

See the Sayori NEKO WORKs’ mascots Chocola and Vanilla like never before, moving, and in full voice on screen. And now with the E-mote System, the characters smoothly move on screen changing expression and poses in countless ways.
yup, sounds awesome

It has like a couple of balloons with missing nipples that would be covered with random shit anyway like hair or half-taken off tops, but that's the extent of it.

you sound so disappointed lol

dani_dc

this nekopara thing tho

637x358.resizedimage

sounds like a real winner boys!!!

But it's the all-ages version!

Anteater

did everyone already play Narcissu? Game is pretty great especially ep2 and it's free, still waiting for a good discount for the soundtrack.

Jawmuncher

My experience with DA:I has been getting frustrated that menu controls are only on the analog stick, realizing elves must have tattos, and deciding to make a female character to run into the game crashing from a "device Hung" error.

Lovely

Turfster

you sound so disappointed lol
Disappointed? Not really =p

I got it gifted and worked my way through it for you guys, taking screenshots of almost everything wrong with it... until I gave up at around 200+ of them...

The art is basically the only thing it's got going for it, and the reason most people here want to "play" it... and there's nothing they would want to "play" it for =p

zkylon

zkylewd
ok i couldn't find another game with that message so far

checked the nudity category and nothing

the witcha games, south park, duke nukem forever, go go nippon, larry games, gta games, none of those have that message

sakura spirit might be the only one

My experience with DA:I has been getting frustrated that menu controls are only on the analog stick, realizing elves must have tattos, and deciding to make a female character to run into the game crashing from a "device Hung" error.

Lovely
that sounds nasty

But it's the all-ages version!

i'm sure there's an easily accessible patch lurking somewhere in the steam forums lol

Milamber

This is almost like the awkward situation when somebody casually mentioned in the VC OT that you can lean and nobody else, even the people who played it seven years ago and those who played it multiple times didn't know about it.

Hold the phone!? There are bloody lean keys!?

anything worth getting on this week sales?

Avadon: The Black Fortress is a good, old-fashioned RPG.

Beyond that, the weakly deals continue.

Lovely

Do, er... male characters have the same error message?

zkylon

zkylewd
i just realized the cat girls in nekowhatever are like coming out of cardboard boxes like you just ordered them from amazon or something

japan's messed up lol

Disappointed? Not really =p

I got it gifted and worked my way through it for you guys, taking screenshots of almost everything wrong with it... until I gave up at around 200+ of them...

The art is basically the only thing it's got going for it, and the reason most people here want to "play" it... and there's nothing they would want to "play" it for =p
so you're saying you played it "ironically"

alright

I know what you did here :D

Incoming: community page full of "X now owns Sakura Spirit".
why i didn't do anything :>

as someone who hasn't touched GTAV before, the temptation to get the PS4 version and not wait for the PC release is real, especially since i can imagine that goofying around with GTAV on the vita, while away from home, could be a serious threat to my free time.

I'm probably going to hold out for a PC release, but i hate rockstar for even make the PS4 version all the more tempting by having it come out first.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Umh, guys, is Dream Machine chapter 4 the last chapter released? Why do I own it?
EDIT: Lol, I bought and played it sometime ago, the last chapter released is 5, the one I miss.

somehow i own 5 but not 4 >_>

also, expect a new "gate" to explode soon, cutscene-gate

Dragon Age Inquisition cutscenes (real time cutscenes, not pre-rendered or cgi) are locked at 30fps and its super jarring :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
as someone who hasn't touched GTAV before, the temptation to get the PS4 version and not wait for the PC release is real, especially since i can imagine that goofying around with GTAV on the vita, while away from home, could be a serious threat to my free time.

I'm probably going to hold out for a PC release, but i hate rockstar for even make the PS4 version all the more tempting by having it come out first.

The PC version is only two months away. It'll fly by.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

zkylon

zkylewd
What weapons should I get early in New Vegas? I got my ass blasted to pre-war era
the lever action rifle is a pretty good one early on

A:CM was pretty embarrassing =p

I also played that otome game by the same publisher as SS for example, Pyrite Hearts, which was much better and actually has real branching storylines!
yeah but colonial marines is not fun embarrassing

sakura spirit is fun embarrassing lol

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Co-op in AC:U is rather fun, even with randoms. It's also a lot easier than I was expecting too. Did the final mission with a 5 star rating and it didn't seem any harder than the 1 star missions. I'm actually gonna go for 100%ing it to get all the equipment now because of this.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
At first I thought you said this because it's a licensed game and will get off Steam at some point but damn, it has been on Steam since 2005?!
Is it likely at all that it will get lost due to licensing?

They're old games that are just new to Steam. I do not believe for a second that Strategy First has the licenses and instead it's hoping Ford won't notice (which it probably won't).

I'd say the oldest licensed game that's still available digitally is King Kong. Just looking at those system requirements should give you an idea as to its age. ;)

I wuw Counter-Strike. I absolutely wuw it. CS:GO <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I even bought a friggin' "mission pack" which is pretty much additional counters to get pennies. Granted that I bought it with CS:GO moolah, but still. And now I have to wait a day to kill 20 chickens.

MUnited83

For you.
At first I thought you said this because it's a licensed game and will get off Steam at some point but damn, it has been on Steam since 2005?!
Is it likely at all that it will get lost due to licensing?
nah, thats the original release date of the games. Strategy First put them on steam this here. Im buying them because I quite enjoyed ford racing 3 several years ago where I got it on a cereal box :p

^^
Thanks to you too Bernardo!
They're old games that are just new to Steam. I do not believe for a second that Strategy First has the licenses and instead it's hoping Ford won't notice (which it probably won't).

I'd say the oldest licensed game that's still available digitally is King Kong. Just looking at those system requirements should give you an idea as to its age. ;)
Ah, I see. The date of the Ford games on their Steampages are not when they were released on Steam but their actual first-release dates?
Alright, time to stock up on the licensed games then.
Weird that that King Kong game is available DRM-Free but not on Steam.

kudoboi

I even bought a friggin' "mission pack" which is pretty much additional counters to get pennies. Granted that I bought it with CS:GO moolah, but still. And now I have to wait a day to kill 20 chickens.

i bought the mission packs but dont even intend to play them. i bought them because the time between missions was pissing me off. i mean 4 days? really?!

Yeah. And no one has a clue how that cooldown system works. Sometimes you can do 1 mission, then have a 1 day cooldown.
Then you do the mission, then you have a 2 day cooldown.
Then sometimes you can do 2 missions...
At the beginning I could do three missions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom