• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagamin

STEAMGAF Civil War!

#TeamOrange vs #TeamMorningbus

Who's side are you on?

Team Takane Fan Club steam thread offshoot, because I'm the president of said fan club.
Shijou.Takane.full.1482452.jpg

Coreda

Am I missing something or is there no setting to disable the lightbar universally from Steam's new Big Picture controller config for the DS4? As I've read a thread post on the Dark Souls III community hub that mentioned it's possible to disable the lightbar for that game, so wondered if it was done via Steam or per-game.

Nzyme32

Oh.. here we go again.

Gonna have to defer to Stump's previous ruling on the matter back in February:

Oh well, no worries.

STEAMGAF Civil War!

#TeamOrange vs #TeamMorningbus

Whose side are you on?

LOL - This has all been prophesied and even has a trailer voiced by some great actors

Orange V Morningbus Trailer

Tizoc

Owlboy is legit y'all.
Just don't set the aiming rectile to 'Always' and you're good. Both the D-pad and analog sticks can be used to move Otus which is great for when ur moving him on ground with d-pad and then using analog for his flight movement.

Squad is going to have a free weekend starting November 10th. While they're not vying for the same audience as such, it seem rather silly to me for a game like this to do a promotion right on the tails of the Battlefield, Titanfall and Call of Duty releases.

oipic

wait theres actual drama over who did the thread and not just for funsies?

My empathy radar must be broken, I thought everything was fine and handled with class and aplomb by all concerned? Surely all was funsies? Even the merge was a thing of technical beauty.
All things Morningbus are funsies, aren't they?

bullshit arsehole noone likes the tuna here

Of your tens of thousands of posts, Jase, this may be the first abrasive and provocative one among them!
Even in jest you're a diplomat
:)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
every post Jase makes is abrasive. He's fucking Australian afterall

Ludens

Banned
The more I think about RE7, the more I believe pre-ordering the game is a mistake:
-no real info about the game. It could be a 4 hours game with a couple of branches in and there, multiple endings and so on, but for a single-player title with no online component, very story-driven...well, I doubt it will be a 20 hours game.
-detailed season pass with additional chapters and mini-episodes. Again, we don't know how long the main game will be, and Capcom has a history about cut contents already on disc for their games.
-the gameplay is very airy, we saw a couple of videos but nothing else.

In the end, my big issue is RE7 doesn't look too different from a lot of horror indie games you can find it for cheap on Steam. Amnesia is one of my favourite horror game, but it's way cheaper than RE7. The same applies with Outlast and plenty of similar titles: great games, but way cheaper. There's nothing in RE7 remembering a triple A game honestly to me: it feels like a "cheap" project (because graphics and gameplay, as I wrote, are very similar to many games around) redirected to be a RE game. The 80€ asked here seem too much for what they showed. I think I'll just pass waiting for a deep discount, since excluding the name there's nothing remembering RE to me.

I bet if a random indie dev dared to price the same game Capcom is selling (without the RE brand, of course) including also a season pass, there would be a maelstrom around that. This is really a case in my opinion where people should wait before pre-ordering a game.

Monooboe

Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten the full bundle with DOTT remake, oh well.

Are there any other good "complete the collection" things on Steam that are worth checking into for maybe finding something good on the cheap?

Jawmuncher

The more I think about RE7, the more I believe pre-ordering the game is a mistake:
-no real info about the game. It could be a 4 hours game with a couple of branches in and there, multiple endings and so on, but for a single-player title with no online component, very story-driven...well, I doubt it will be a 20 hours game.
-detailed season pass with additional chapters and mini-episodes. Again, we don't know how long the main game will be, and Capcom has a history about cut contents already on disc for their games.
-the gameplay is very airy, we saw a couple of videos but nothing else.

In the end, my big issue is RE7 doesn't look too different from a lot of horror indie games you can find it for cheap on Steam. Amnesia is one of my favourite horror game, but it's way cheaper than RE7. The same applies with Outlast and plenty of similar titles: great games, but way cheaper. There's nothing in RE7 remembering a triple A game honestly to me: it feels like a "cheap" project (because graphics and gameplay, as I wrote, are very similar to many games around) redirected to be a RE game. The 80€ asked here seem too much for what they showed. I think I'll just pass waiting for a deep discount, since excluding the name there's nothing remembering RE to me.

I bet if a random indie dev dared to price the same game Capcom is selling (without the RE brand, of course) including also a season pass, there would be a maelstrom around that. This is really a case in my opinion where people should wait before pre-ordering a game.

Main game will probably be 10-15 depending on how you play. Multiple endings were confirmed. We apparently haven't seen past the first hourish of the game. DLC who knows. Apparently price was raised since it was gonna offer more content than originally planned. The game apparently has the same amount of dev size as RE6 had.

With all of that said, I think the whole indie horror look ATM is intentional. Since it probably gets shaken up as the game progresses. But I agree it's starting to hurt some people perception of the game. The next demo update should include more into gameplay and hopefully hit PC.

Ludens

Banned
Main game will probably be 10-15 depending on how you play. Multiple endings were confirmed. We apparently haven't seen past the first hourish of the game. DLC who knows. Apparently price was raised since it was gonna offer more content than originally planned. The game apparently has the same amount of dev size as RE6 had.

With all of that said, I think the whole indie horror look ATM is intentional. Since it probably gets shaken up as the game progresses. But I agree it's starting to hurt some people perception of the game. The next demo update should include more into gameplay and hopefully hit PC.

Is 10-15 hours confirmed somewhere? Because it seems a great amount of hours for a game like this to me. Amnesia was around 4-5 hours, Outlast was 6 hours etc.
Dunno, Uncharted 4 is 15 hours but including cutscenes too in example.
Of course I'm talking about playing the game on Normal, increasing the difficulty will increase the game's lenght too since you will die and repeat a lot of sections, so I don't consider that.
But if really the game is 10-15 hours with different branches (and I mean, REALLY different, not like a couple of rooms) I guess the price could be...ok. But I wanna see some reviews before purchasing it, still too many doubts around the title.

Zeeman

Oh wow, DOTT for like a buck.

Wish I hadn't bought the BTA, this bundle with the games I was missing (Oxenfree and Massive Chalice) would have been the better deal by far

Sarcasm

How long does it take for steam to reconize games you own? I bought from HB the 1$ tier but bundle still says I only own one game from the bundle.

Jawmuncher

Is 10-15 hours confirmed somewhere? Because it seems a great amount of hours for a game like this to me. Amnesia was around 4-5 hours, Outlast was 6 hours etc.
Dunno, Uncharted 4 is 15 hours but including cutscenes too in example.
Of course I'm talking about playing the game on Normal, increasing the difficulty will increase the game's lenght too since you will die and repeat a lot of sections, so I don't consider that.
But if really the game is 10-15 hours with different branches (and I mean, REALLY different, not like a couple of rooms) I guess the price could be...ok. But I wanna see some reviews before purchasing it, still too many doubts around the title.

It was in a interview during the ambassador conference.

madjoki

How long does it take for steam to reconize games you own? I bought from HB the 1$ tier but bundle still says I only own one game from the bundle.

Highlighting may not work, but you can add to cart and it relies on server side data, which is up to date.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Wish I hadn't bought the BTA, this bundle with the games I was missing (Oxenfree and Massive Chalice) would have been the better deal by far

Same. Oh well.

Nzyme32

Yeah. Just take solace in the fact you pushed some money to charity at least.. at least that is what I keep doing when I regret grabbing a HB and then find them cheaper before I get round to playing :p

Corpekata

Banned
Looks like Watch Dogs 2 is getting bundled with Samsung SSDs (500 gb+). Not a bad deal if you were in the market for an 850 EVO. Might mean some cheap codes too.

Rhaknar

REmake (wel, RE1) was Chris / Jill and Chris has the shorter inventory right? or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom