• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
So, the countdown timer issue that I informed Valve about a month-and-a-half ago has gone from "It's being investigated" to "I've informed the correct people" and now to "There is no ETA". This whole thing is equal parts hilarious and frustrating.

The most professional of professionals.

Sometimes, I really question if Valve's success was merely luck based. They run like a kickstarted start-up.

Kaleinc

Banned
You mean nvidia did not know what's happening with their partner cards and only test drivers on reference cards?
If the partner completely redesigns pcb or jacks up frequencies as they please how's this nvidia's responsibility. That's like blaming intel for bsods and crashes @5-6 GHz.
Use reference cards and enjoy issue free experience.

For GoTY usually I don't have a stake in this but, Valhalla and DOOM are up there. I wanted to say Aragami but, nah.

More NSFW than you could ever imagine: Genital Jousting. Developed by the Broforce team. Published by Devolver.

Oh Steam Greenlight strikes aga-

Developed by the Broforce team. Published by Devolver.

*record scratch*

How did we get here?

Monooboe

So I bought a game couole of days ago on Steam, part with steam wallet and a bit with my debit card, usually steam withdraws money directly but now it been days and they still haven't withdrawn anything, so I'm little worried that there will be some error at some point. If that happens, what kind of effects will it have on my account? Like no trading or something?

gngf123

Haven't seen anyone post about it, but RYB is up on Steam now. Apparently it's pretty good. http://store.steampowered.com/app/547050/

Also, I am vaguely interested in those EXP inc games NISA is bringing to Steam:

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/541450/

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/541450/

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
By the way, Valve really should hire people for customer support. The actual staff of Valve do a pretty good job responding to issues on the Steam developer side, but I imagine it takes up a lot of their support time to just support all the developer requests, questions, etc. They really need to do something about customer support. Hopefully they have plans with that big new office they're moving to next May.

Ludens

Banned
A question: how long is Rise of the Tomb Raider?
Tomorrow there's a chance a friend will lend me a Ps4 copy of the game, is the title beatable in like 6-7 hours on the lowest difficulty and without bothering with collectibles etc?

MaxiLive

Tomorrow there's a chance a friend will lend me a Ps4 copy of the game, is the title beatable in like 6-7 hours on the lowest difficulty and without bothering with collectibles etc?

I think you might struggle with the time frame unless you straight b line through the game which might not be possible with the hub areas being added.

It took me 15 hours with an average playthrough collecting some stuff but not spending loads of time in the hub areas.

Ludens

Banned
I think you might struggle with the time frame unless you straight b line through the game which might not be possible with the hub areas being added.

It took me 15 hours with an average playthrough collecting some stuff but not spending loads of time in the hub areas.

Umh, 13 hours are a lot. But maybe I can do it in a week.

AHA-Lambda

It's probably doable in 10 I'd say if you beeline through, no collectibles etc

EDIT: Just checked Steam, I did it in 8

sprinkles

I don't get why all you people are posting random banners when we all know only one game was released this year:

My personal GOTY so far - Trails of Cold Steel 2 - is not on Steam, but Valhalla is the closest a VN has ever come to the experience of reading a good book, so I'd put that on top of my Steam list.

Steep is free to play, right? I can't seem to install the game though. Clicking the install game button doesn't do anything.

Edit: Clicking the 2nd button do the trick. Weird.

I beat it in 50 hours, 100%.

gngf123

So what RPG is this closest to? At first I thought it might be like SMT, but then I saw two rows of characters and thought "Etrian Odyssey," but then I saw THIS...

ss_2aeb4ffffe4c3e5cd5eaf8f56907753b0528b970.600x338.jpg

Is this a Suikoden-like? Do I dare to hope?

RYB is the puzzle game :p.

The RPG's I posted are from EXP, who make good Wizardry style dungeon crawlers. Stranger of Sword City is the other one of their games on Steam.

Haven't played these ones yet so I can't say what differences there are, or if there is anything particularly Suikoden about it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So you're giving Ronan a break and decided on a Dakota Fanning avatar instead...

:p

Haha, funny you should say that as I watched the trailer for Brimstone last night and thought, "She looks like Saoirse Ronan sans makeup."

I can't help but feel a little bad for Dakota. She was the quintessential child star, however the transition to adult roles hasn't been kind to her whereas her sister's career is taking off.

Feels like by now we ought to specify Ubigames only if they are not openworld :p

Haha, that's a short list these days. Even the Grow games are open-world!

So I got a free Gears of War key with my 1070 laptop coming today. Do i have to play the first 3 to play this one? I played some of the first one for 360 back in the day but remember nothing of the game.

Also I imagine this is a windows store key sadly :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom