• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hermit

ok, so I broke up with my girlfriend time to hit my backlog:

I am still deciding what genre should I tackle first. I am staying away from fighters for now ( I don't want to be more frustrated)

Which game should I play to relieve stress?

I think DOOM its right up my alley, but its too fucking expensive here in Brasil...

Any other tip?

Surprised to hear a few friends say the same thing about Primal, and they are as jaded as I am about the gameplay of those games in general, so I'll probably have to check it out eventually. Might be the first Uplay game I buy myself since, maybe AssCreed 2 / 3. Since then I only bought South Park and Grow Home, both of which don't use Uplay, but the new South Park will definitely get bought and perhaps now Primal as well
You can go as fast or slow as you want doing side stuff and exploring or mainlining quests. The same thing is true of the difficulty - use the owl and beasts to attack while you stay in a hidey-hole outside the outposts; ride a beast in; walk in while a buddy animal covers your back (each has a different perk), or many places have a backdoor you can creep around to and stealth takedown everyone. This great Izila base I played yesterday was in the middle of a watery plain, open to your approach most directions, but there were certain canals hidden looking like shallow swamp that allowed me to swim right to the middle of the camp. EDIT: I forgot to mention the built in changes of option to remove UI, survival mode that uses resources faster and when you fast travel, AND the permadeth or 2nd life game modes.
ok, so I broke up with my girlfriend time to hit my backlog:

I am still deciding what genre should I tackle first. I am staying away from fighters for now ( I don't want to be more frustrated)

Which game should I play to relieve stress?

I think DOOM its right up my alley, but its too fucking expensive here in Brasil...

Any other tip?

What's your account?

yuraya

So much Skyrimz and Civilizationz in the top 10 stats.

Nearly 13.1 million concurrent peak today for steam.

Isn't that an all time high?

chronomac

A tad late but here's some extras:
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broken Age -- MB-161A1E25988EBC80 - Taken by yoshizzle. 2 entrants total.
Titan Souls -- MB-480262BF55768972 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
Lumino City -- MB-F3344E7F88F24CF1 - Taken by Coldsun. 1 entrants total.

t1477878317z1.png

Jawmuncher

It's good. Dunno about best of the year though.

For Starcraft 2 I actually used one of the existing binding sets, but I set a mode switch so I can flip between both trackpads as blended mouse or just the right as the mouse and left for map scrolling, and even have the gyro (but barely use it). One of the grips turns both trackpads into two separate mouse regions for quick access to map and some building options. Other than that there is a touch menu on the other grip for some rarer macro stuff, and everything else binds to the existing buttons / bumpers. I messed with the full click of the triggers too, think one was attack move and the other was for routing units. It's been months since I played though; was about the same time the mode switching launched

Think I'll try this. Didn't mind play C&C3 back in the day with a controller.

Played the Factorio demo a bit. Sure is a lot to learn and adapt to. And once you do, something else new is being taught, ha. It's fun though. Will go back to it tomorrow.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
First impressions of the Aquatic Adventures of the Last Human: It's not good. It's basically a series of one hit death boss encounters connected by huge boring open rooms filled with nothing. The lighting system is bad and the game is frequently too dark. The controls are slow and not very responsive, which sucks because bosses take 30-odd hits and mostly insta-kill you. Got burned on this bigtime.

First impressions of the Aquatic Adventures of the Last Human: It's not good. It's basically a series of one hit death boss encounters connected by huge boring open rooms filled with nothing. The lighting system is bad and the game is frequently too dark. The controls are slow and not very responsive, which sucks because bosses take 30-odd hits and mostly insta-kill you. Got burned on this bigtime.
Almost bit on this today. Glad I held off. Thanks

The Hermit

What a shame the best singleplayer experience of the year is only available on Origin. I'm not sure EA is even aware.

Hmm yeah, I've been hearing this a lot around here, even comapring to Hl2. The last time I heard such comparissons were with Wolfenstein, so thats a good sign.

Half Life 2, Binary Domain, or Dark Souls. Those are good things to get absorbed in.

I beated all of those a while ago. Want something new now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i'm dumb and tired an misrememebring thigns, and not bothering to double check which was dumb, it was Durante

I would slap you but you have your #bestgafavatar back so you get a free pass this time.

I love that avatar

Teggy

I enjoyed the TF2 single player but that thread is a little crazy. It's got some unique gameplay but it's going to be less than 5 hours for most people and there were still spots where it got oddly slow and there was a level where you could just run past all the enemies. I think with another iteration it could be really good, but the praise seems a bit overboard. Comparing it Half Life? Ehhhhh. It's a nice alternative to Call of Duty, but...

I cannot remember if I was going to get the Witcher 3 when it was $30 or $40.

I think I will get it and Mad Max. And apparently I missed a Far Cry game somehow.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So it is end of the month and still no Steam update that will bring DS4 support :( Valve Time I guess.

I had to reopen the ticket I made a few weeks ago regarding the unlock countdown timer as it still hadn't been fixed despite the issue being looked into. I've now been told that the "correct people" have been informed, so hopefully something actually happens this time around.

That feeling when the pizza you order has a bite out of it before you even open the box. (And when you don't notice until picking up the third slice.)

I guess it could have been worse, a whole slice missing or something. That will be my headcanon.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wish games that were removed from the store would automatically be removed from your wishlist aswell.

JaseC

I wish games that were removed from the store would automatically be removed from your wishlist aswell.

Well, a game being removed from the store doesn't necessarily mean the Steam version is no longer available.

Rhaknar

Well, a game being removed from the store doesn't necessarily mean the Steam version is no longer available.

Its no longer available for me to purchase so why is it available for me to wishlist?

The wishlist is a complete afterthought, some time ago it seemed they had fixed keys added automatically deleting the games from the wishlist but that also doesnt work most if the time for me.

Yea, now I'm stuck with staring Onimusha 3 in my wishlist because I still want it but it's not there.

I didnt know they removed removed Oni3 :( And youre not stuck looking at it, you can remove it yourself :p

JaseC

Its no longer available for me to purchase so why is it available for me to wishlist?

Because even if you're not aware that a particular game can be bought outside of Steam, someone else might take a look at your wishlist and buy it for you.

Rhaknar

Because even if you're not aware that a particular game can be bought outside of Steam, someone else might take a look at your wishlist and buy it for you.

How opportunistic of you. Shady Australians man...

JaseC

How opportunistic of you. Shady Australians man...

Haha, I just use my wishlist to keep track of Early Access games that don't have a content-related incentive as this way they're highlighted on SteamDB and I immediately know to ignore them when checking for new Early Access titles.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Forge of Gods: Twilight Destroyers Pack -- MB-8CEE51857CEEBA6A - Taken by ExoSoul
Another DLC for this game, to praise Arthea.

Tizoc

To anyone using PCSX2; how can I make games I running look less blurry?
I tried my ye olde copy of TTT1 PS2 and it looks blurry as all heck.
I'm not using any shaders but what configs or shaders are best?

RIP D4. :((((((((((((

He could still make it and have it published through them.
I mean we're getting Shenmue 3 soon for one thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom