• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violet_0

Banned
is there a limit for how many Steam games you can get a refund in a certain period of time? I'm tempted to finally try Witcher 3, but unsure if it runs on my laptop

e: thanks JaseC

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
is there a limit for how many Steam games you can get a refund in a certain period of time? I'm tempted to finally try Witcher 3, but unsure if it runs on my laptop

No, but just keep in mind that refunds aren't a green light to sample everything on Steam.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
To anyone using PCSX2; how can I make games I running look less blurry?
I tried my ye olde copy of TTT1 PS2 and it looks blurry as all heck.
I'm not using any shaders but what configs or shaders are best?

You'll want to up the internal rendering size. Try this to start:

Config > Video > Plugin Settings ...

Internal Resolution: 4x Native

Ludens

Banned
GTA Online is really painfull. Playing with a friend is one of the hardest thing to do, there's so much lag, loading times are way too big....really, this mode could be a lot of fun, but it looks like a giant, confusing mess.

29B766B727DA082C6840BD930A0AA7B86A4F35C9

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=786331919

Uh... yeah...

And a new Double Dragon Game, but only allowed to be sold in China. The devs bought the licence, but seems ArcSys didnt allow it to be sold anywhere outside of China:

3079BEB450A662E4DEACDA7DD76908E5D4CFA61C

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=787399801

GTA Online is really painfull. Playing with a friend is one of the hardest thing to do, there's so much lag, loading times are way too big....really, this mode could be a lot of fun, but it looks like a giant, confusing mess.

Pretty much why I stopped playing. Those load times were unbearable.

Wok

Thanks to Steam activity page, I have found out that:

- The Eyes of Ara has exclusive content for Halloween (with 2 achievements only available at that time of the year).

- Elder Sign: Omens reaches its historical lowest price.

Naarmight

Haha, I just use my wishlist to keep track of Early Access games that don't have a content-related incentive as this way they're highlighted on SteamDB and I immediately know to ignore them when checking for new Early Access titles.

I wish there was a seperate wishlist for Early Access games, I have a load that I follow, but I am just waiting for them to be finished before I will consider buying them

Nabs

Securom... !

uownBmG.png

I hate EA. I was able to play it fine last week, but then this started to show up out of nowhere.

Coreda

Securom... !

uownBmG.png

I hate EA. I was able to play it fine last week, but then this started to show up out of nowhere.

For a second there I thought this was about the GOG version. (Which happens to leave SecuRom traces behind in the registry for whatever reason).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Love that feature since the OG HL ;)

Has there been any news of the autumn sale? Here it says Oct 28.

It'll probably begin on the 21st and run through to the weekend or later in the week and finish early the following week (early December).

I enjoyed the TF2 single player but that thread is a little crazy.

Team Fortress 2 got single player????

RIP D4. :((((((((((((
Where is this news?

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B01BVEEMBQ/

No Man's Sky for 25€ directly from Amazon...but PS4 only. 16€ for a used copy. Meanwhile on Steam it is still 60€.

Well to be fair, the pc version runs a lot better and there is slim hopes that mods can improve the game.

TiF2 or TiFa2 needs to become the nomenclature.

SWERY is the mind behind D4 and Deadly Premonition and without him, continuing the former wouldn't make sense. (Also, it bombed horribly and they need to make room for Diablo 4 now anyways.)

I knew Swery was behind those games (With subscribing to giant bomb, how could I not?) but I didn't know he retired. Thanks.

Good news SteamGAF, it seems that KH 2.8 will see a digital release on PSN. If confirmed, this means a Steam release can happen now :")

Hektor

GhostTrick is not wrong, the digital release strategy (or the lack thereof) has definitely been a big reason as to why PC ain't getting them anytime soon.

With that gone, it certainly doesn't have to mean they'll be coming at all, but the chance just got noticably higher or rather, it is now officially in the realm of possiblity.

I like how steam is now even getting chinese early access indiegames.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/512170/

Such a breadth of content.

Tizoc

GhostTrick is not wrong, the digital release strategy (or the lack thereof) has definitely been a big reason as to why PC ain't getting them anytime soon.

With that gone, it certainly doesn't have to mean they'll be coming at all, but the chance just got noticably higher or rather, it is now officially in the realm of possiblity.

I like how steam is now even getting chinese early access indiegames.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/512170/

Such a breadth of content.
Sell me on this game fam

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Redline -- MB-2FC129BCDDB3A7D9 - Taken by KainXVIII
F-19 Stealth Fighter -- MB-9ABA80996F145D67 - Taken by voodooray
Hyperspeed -- MB-E52DF8A822C95472 - Taken by Sarcasm
Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost -- MB-9D45F6523EC26844 - Taken by fifasnipe2224

Tall4Life

I think we'll get the KH games on Steam eventually. We've gotten more bizzare games than that. I'm still shocked we got FFX/X-2 and FFIX.

gabbo

This is the most amount of money I spent in a sale yet. Maybe because I skipped past sales. But wow.

On the contrary, it's the only sale I didn't buy at least one game since 2012. I think I just own everything I want in the $5-10 price range, and other stuff just isn't dropping into that range like they used to. I miss dailies so much.

derFeef

On the contrary, it's the only sale I didn't buy at least one game since 2012. I think I just own everything I want in the $5-10 price range, and other stuff just isn't dropping into that range like they used to. I miss dailies so much.

That's a good rule to have, sadly I can't stick to it. :(

bjaelke

I've been enjoying FM17 so far (17 hours). I haven't experienced the majority of the complains mentioned on the forum or on Steam. Then again, many of them are just people complaining for the sake of complaining.
I'm so ♥♥♥♥ing tired of this game. This beta is sooooo filled with bugs, it is incredible.

Grief.exe

Good news SteamGAF, it seems that KH 2.8 will see a digital release on PSN. If confirmed, this means a Steam release can happen now :")

So it's possible Square renegotiated the Disney license reflecting a modern environment.

For context, the prior theory was the Kingdom Hearts series couldn't come to PC due to a lack of digital on the licence. Here we go.

What kind of changes do people consider to be significant for franchises like this. What would be a change that would freshen things up without changing what the game is drastically.

I'm honestly curious.

Yeah I wonder that too. I guess updated rosters and generally new players on the scene would come in a new version but I know there are mods that can do that for the older games. I feel like only dedicated FM players would be able to answer this question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom