• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Anyone who says ZTD sales on Steam are too low is out of their goddamn mind. Why would people buy the third game in a series when the first two aren't on the platform yet and there actually is a story link between them all?

also 21k * $40 in the first 4 months is actually quite good for one platform for a dirt cheap game developed by a skeleton crew with tons of cost-cutting measures baked in??

also 21k * $40 in the first 4 months is actually quite good for one platform for a dirt cheap game developed by a skeleton crew with tons of cost-cutting measures baked in??

I wonder how much the game sold on 3DS and Vita in west.

I never believed in sega.
They left us.

I believed they'd announce sth no one wants... They announced nth :"(

I just want an announcement st this point
WHERE IS THE BLOODY ANNOUNCEMENT?!?!?!?!?!?!

I wonder if they bailed out after Lost World. If they did, they're the most stupid company I ever seen.

Corpekata

Banned

I think also Steamspy has shown that many people way overestimate how popular their favorite niche games are in general.

Tizoc

I wonder how much the game sold on 3DS and Vita in west.

I believed they'd announce sth no one wants... They announced nth :"(

I wonder if they bailed out after Lost World. If they did, they're the most stupid company I ever seen.
Sometimws i think u make these posts to indulge in idiocy or merely to throw shit at ly face :v
Or you show one face among steamgaf and another to gd-gaf :v

Grief.exe

No Steam it seems.

The problem here is the wording. They call it an exclusive.

They have already essentially confirmed it is coming to PC. The exclusivity refers to the pack and a PC version wouldn't appear on a PS Blog anyways.

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/spike-chunsoft-teasing-999-steam-release

By the way, we exceeded the previous times where SEGA announced a PC port. No PC port this year ?

There's no explicit date for announcements.

Sometimws i think u make these posts to indulge in idiocy or merely to throw shit at ly face :v
Or you show one face among steamgaf and another to gd-gaf :v

What do you mean ?

They have already essentially confirmed it is coming to PC. The exclusivity refers to the pack and a PC version wouldn't appear on a PS Blog anyways.

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/spike-chunsoft-teasing-999-steam-release

There's no explicit date for announcements.

Yeah, I also realized that Aksys never ever marketed or mentionned the Steam version, even removing the Steam logo in the English trailers.

As for explicit date, that's right, but there always was a pattern. Typing of the Dead, Valkyria Chronicles and Sonic Lost World all were announced in October.

OmarYusaf

screenshot_2016-10-31meusv.jpg

"sigh"

so awkward

What game is this?

Parsnip

The wording could be interpreted as "the 2-pack called The Nonary Games is exclusive to PS4/PSV". It probably makes more financial sense to release them this way physically. I'd be shocked if 999 and VLR didn't come to Steam at all. They'd essentially be killing the long-term sales of ZTD.
Technically, it's just the pack that is said to be exclusive. The phrasing is probably deliberate.
That's how I read it as well.

Pixieking

Banned
Hmmmm... Can't log-in to the store through browser. It says to "Verify my humanity by" something something.

Interestingly, I noticed I was logged out by seeing something called "Family View" in the corner. "Some parts of the website may be inaccessible, please log-in to change settings" or words to that effect.

Edit: Seems fine now, though. *shrugs*

Hmmmm... Can't log-in to the store through browser. It says to "Verify my humanity by" something something.

Interestingly, I noticed I was logged out by seeing something called "Family View" in the corner. "Some parts of the website may be inaccessible, please log-in to change settings" or words to that effect.

Edit: Seems fine now, though. *shrugs*

Couldn't verify your humanity huh?

It's ok...robot

ezodagrom

By the way, we exceeded the previous times where SEGA announced a PC port. No PC port this year ?
SEGA in general has been taking a more "it's ready when it's ready" approach to games as of recent, focusing on quality over rushing a game out.

I think the last time they talked about console to PC ports was in the Gamescom livestream, where they mentioned that they'll be able to talk more about them "soon", that they have multiple projects that they're working on and that ensuring a quality port takes time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTUBVGgtJ0o#t=42m16s

xezuru

This much gratuitous violence shouldn't be this satisfying but..

it

just

is.

I love SE2, it's the only one I played and the visual feedback to sick mlg snipes is amazing. I just wish/hope that in future games they go far enough in design/presentation to set up shit like a full on "The End" extended counter-sniper scenario.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
File under "Why doesn't Steam already have this functionality themselves?"

hpa88KP.png

"Show games tagged as Adventure, but not Action or Strategy"

Strangely enough, this is using Steam's own interface handling, none of these search results are being post-processed.

I'm planning on buying DmC before the sale is up. Any mods I should be aware of to make the game more like the Definitive Edition on consoles?

Nzyme32

This much gratuitous violence shouldn't be this satisfying but..

it

just

is.

Been meaning to play it, and this reminded me to at least install it

File under "Why doesn't Steam already have this functionality themselves?"

Strangely enough, this is using Steam's own interface handling, none of these search results are being post-processed.

Watch them dump it into the supposed store update along with other things in Enhanced Steam :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Watch them dump it into the supposed store update along with other things in Enhanced Steam :p

I am already mentally preparing myself

Nillansan

Swery starts a new studio and works out a publishing deal with Devolver Digital. Swery and his team of talented developers starts working on that weird ass lady detective game, which eventually releases in mid 2018. The critics are over the moon. The game generates some serious dough. Swery signs another publishing deal with Devolver Digital. Swery and his team of battle hardened developers starts working on what will eventually be known as Swery's magnum opus, the spiritual successor to Deadly Premonition.

Saty

DOVETAIL GAMES ATTRACTS INVESTMENT TO BUILD A GROUNDBREAKING NEW PLATFORM FOR SIMULATION FANS

Dovetail Live will be an evolving platform that will ultimately be used in many different ways, from buying and building new content to bringing enthusiasts together to share their knowledge with other like-minded people.  It will be a destination where players can gain access to great new content and engage in discussion, as well as a place to learn new skills and share collections. It will be a place where fans can truly celebrate their hobby.

ArjanN

I love SE2, it's the only one I played and the visual feedback to sick mlg snipes is amazing. I just wish/hope that in future games they go far enough in design/presentation to set up shit like a full on "The End" extended counter-sniper scenario.

The Sniper Elite 3 DLC ends with a scenario like that.

Werd

I saw a screenshot in here a while back of someone with their library automatically categorized into genres and such, but can't remember any details. What's the best way to do that?

dex3108

Obduction got nice update

Update 3 live! Now with support for Oculus Rift VR, nVidia Ansel, and HDR!

Brand new features!

• Oculus Rift VR support:

• VR playable on Oculus Rift. Support for Oculus Remote and wide range of gamepads. Two movement modes available: Blink (teleport), and Free. Allows for seated and standing play.

• nVidia Ansel and HDR Support:

• Also being added is NVIDIA HDR support and NVIDIA Ansel, which allows players to capture stunning 3D 360 panoramic screenshots in super resolution, customizable with post-process filters and shareable with friends. Details on how to view the screenshots can be found on the NVIDIA GeForce blog.

• Razer Chroma support:

We are excited to announce that we have added support for Chroma-enabled products made by Razer into Obduction. If you own a Chroma-enabled mouse, mousepad, keyboard, or headset, you will notice that Obduction now lights up those peripherals according to events in the game. We have added the following Chroma effects to Obduction (minor spoilers ahead):

• Idling cyan + black breathing effect when in main menu
• Breathing effect between two prominent colors in the current world
• Linking effect between worlds (keyboard only)
• Picture-taking flash effect

(If you have chroma-enabled peripherals and want to turn them off, open the GameUserSettings.ini file and change the value of bIsKeyboardLightingEnabled to "false" and restart the game. Options for this in-game will be coming in a future update.)

ART

• Millions of fixes and improvements to loading zones. This should help improve loading hitches in all areas.
• Fixes for license plates at different graphics settings/resolutions
• Marker signs should now be much easier to read at lower resolutions
• Eric knocked over a gravestone. That's bad luck Eric.
• Fix for the grills on the seed machine only being clickable on the top handle portion instead of the whole grill.
• Lots of little improvements and optimizations to art in Hunrath
• Improvements and optimizations to art in Kaptar
• Improvements and optimizations to fog and smoke effects on low quality settings
• fixes to video playback in Maray
• Fixes for some doors closing at the wrong time under some conditions in Maray
• Many fixes for various control panels

UI

• Fix for Back Button functionality in the menu not working.
• Better support for gamepad in photo viewer
• Fix for language changes not saving correctly under certain conditions
• Fix for "Load" text not fitting in the text area on the load screen for multiple languages.
• Increased scale of the surrounding box to allow for longer words to be shown.
• Fix for Delete and Copy dialogs not being localized correctly in Save Game Menu
• Misc fixes for localization issues
• Can now traverse through photo albums with keys.
• A dialog box pops up notifying the user when they are attempting to copy a game but already have 10 save games.

Technical things

• More nodes, node fixes, etc
• Auto Detect graphics on Startup.
• Fix for ViewDistanceQuality settings.
• Fixes for issues with entering and exiting the mine cart in both free roam and point-n-click
• Gamepad input adjustments

Audio

• Adjusted volume levels on some levers and doors in Hunrath
test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom