• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
By my calculations we should start seeing the PC Nintendo games in early 2018 after the Switch bombs through its first holiday season.

And I will be willing to forget that Nin will make us buy the same digital games again.

That's all on capcom. I don't think there's anything technically preventing that from happening.

If Nintendo aren't moneyhatting it to stay on their hardware then Capcom is even dumber than I thought. Moneyhat is the only reason to keep a hardcore action game on the 3DS/WiiU/Switch.

I got buyer's remorse but I didn't buy anything yet.

The winter sale is close and the Witcher 3 will prob be the same or cheaper. Mad Max always goes on sale. The one game I feel like playing is Shadowrun Hong Kong and it is not on sale.

I still got to finish Ass Creed IV. Oh how I love that Ass Creed IV.

Jawmuncher

If Nintendo aren't moneyhatting it to stay on their hardware then Capcom is even dumber than I thought. Moneyhat is the only reason to keep a hardcore action game on the 3DS/WiiU/Switch.

I think it's more that capcom is really stingy with Monster Hunter. The series has in a sense never left the PS2 era graphically. Which really helps capcom get the most amount of profit. One of the reasons I think they still haven't jumped to a new engine. Will be interesting to see what they do with switch. Could see them just using current stuff and having it "HD" like the WiiU game.

I think it's more that capcom is really stingy with Monster Hunter. The series has in a sense never left the PS2 era graphically. Which really helps capcom get the most amount of profit. One of the reasons I think they still haven't jumped to a new engine. Will be interesting to see what they do with switch. Could see them just using current stuff and having it "HD" like the WiiU game.

I get what you're saying about the graphics, but in a world where they ported one to PS3 in 1080p (MHP3rd HD, Japan only) and one to Wii U in 1080p (MH3U HD), it's frankly bullshit that not one of the games made it to PC. Souls series has shown that hardcore action games with a multiplayer component have a home on PC, get the picture Capcom.

I mean it's basically the only Capcom franchise missing from PC. Just give it one chance, that's all I ask Capcom (wbacon)

While not developed by Capcom, MHO looks nice graphically.

But it also looks really bland stylistically.

I mean it's basically the only Capcom franchise missing from PC.

MHO is on PC and plays really well imo and MH Frontier was on PC.

Kaleinc

Banned
A franchise that is dropping everything cool about the first game and just becoming "Frank kills zombies in ZANY WAYS!"

RIP timer based gameplay & management
Everybody knows that Blue Castle Games don't have what it takes, cheap Capcom being cheap. Same thing happened to Lost Planet.

While not developed by Capcom, MHO looks nice graphically.

But it also looks really bland stylistically.

MHO is on PC and plays really well imo and MH Frontier was on PC.
MHO has this MMO shit littered in every mechanic

You require tickets to play the game. You receive 10 tickets per day to a maximum of 30 stored maximum. You get 20 extra tickets every week. You can buy 6 to 10 white coins per day to trade for tickets. There is a hard-limit of ~260 tickets you can spend per week (30 ticket reserve + 70 daily tickets + 20 weekly tickets + 140 tickets from white coins). You may do quests without paying tickets, but you must pay zenny and you do not get to keep any item collected during that quest.

The MMOs are not comparable to regular MH. On top of that they're not even in English nor do they have servers that I wouldn't lag to. I like MH, but there's enough to play that I'm not that desperate for it to play one of the MMOs. Capcom should just port one of the good ones to Steam. I'll trade all three Lost Planets for one.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Buying RE6 for the Mercenaries mode.

Yay or nay?

Yay. For whatever problems I have with the campaign and some of the default settings (change fov right away), the mechanics they created for combat and enemy behaviour is amazing and it shows off well in Mercenaries. Various ways to take them down, set up enemies, dodge, weave, slide under, and shooting throughout it all to make it a hell of an action game to play or watch once you learn and master the combat.

Now the game doesn't do a good job showing off what you can do, so look up some stuff before hand.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494812 for one decent thread on it.

Aaron D.

TSHrjW6.jpg

LOL. Fired up Farming Simulator 17 tonight and all the citizens of Goldcrest Valley are all acting a little strange.

Drayco21

A franchise that is dropping everything cool about the first game and just becoming "Frank kills zombies in ZANY WAYS!"

RIP timer based gameplay & management

Man, the first Dead Rising is one of the best games of the whole last generation- it's such a bummer how things played out for it. Dead Rising 4 seems like a tire fire, it may as well just be a musou game at this point.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It seems Steam no longer allows custom screen shots to be uploading through the in-game folder. Is there a workaround for this atm?

Yes. The issue is something really stupid related to VR. You need to create extra copies of the screenshots with different names. One sec, I'll edit this post with exact instructions. It's stupid as hell.

Edit: Here we go:
There's some kind of bug when you upload screenshots taken outside of Steam. You have to copy a screenshot and add a _vr at the end and have both in the folder. It only uploads the normal one though.

Jawmuncher

I enjoyed VLR, but I thought 999 was so clearly the better game. Just wish it was easier to skip stuff you'd already seen in it.

Flarz made a good point for me. VLR was lacking a lot of the darker tone from 999 (recall they thought it would help sales or something). So that affected a large part of my enjoyment. Well that and I personally just didn't find the story as interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom