• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Speaking of FFX, XII is still a PS4 "exclusive" as far as we know right? I didnt miss a announcement?

Hektor

Speaking of FFX, XII is still a PS4 "exclusive" as far as we know right? I didnt miss a announcement?

Still """exclusive""" yes.

Probably gotta wait a few months till SE decides all of a sudden and totally not planned in advance to port the game to steam, just like with WoFF and FFXV.

knowing sqare-enix, it will be exclusive for about 4-5 months then all of a sudden there will be a steam version that will be announced and release a week after the announcement with little to no marketing.

FLD

So, does that means they're going to be sold as a single app? That would suck. I don't really care about +1s but I prefer having each game separately. :/

What are the chances it's just a bundle?

Hektor

So, does that means they're going to be sold as a single app? That would suck. I don't really care about +1s but I prefer having each game separately. :/

What are the chances it's just a bundle?

Bundlepages for multiple apps look different.

This is certainly not one.

Zeeman

Flarz made a good point for me. VLR was lacking a lot of the darker tone from 999 (recall they thought it would help sales or something). So that affected a large part of my enjoyment. Well that and I personally just didn't find the story as interesting.

Yeah, 999 was dark as hell. Also, as much as I appreciated the convenience of skipping around in VLR, 999 really had a good sense of mystery of what you were supposed to do without the map.

Yes. The issue is something really stupid related to VR. You need to create extra copies of the screenshots with different names. One sec, I'll edit this post with exact instructions. It's stupid as hell.

Edit: Here we go:

I can preview the image now but when I try to upload I'm given an error message.
There was error uploading 1 screenshot. Steam Cloud may be temporarily unavailable.

Backlogger

My 1070 is coming tomorrow!

post-39510-birdman-hand-rub-gif-Imgur-otMs.gif

Recommendations for good keyboards?
There's only one thing to keep in mind:
  • Ensure that it has media control keys (prev/next song, volume, etc) or extra customisable keys. This makes it a good keyboard.
Everything else might as well not exist.

Like, I'd recommend the Logitech G105 but the keys glow and that's always made me feel kind of uncomfortable about it.
Also got it for over half off which made the price seem a whole lot more sane.

Looks like I'm about halfway through Sniper Elite V2. It's not a perfect game by a long-shot but when the good parts come up, it's fun. Stealth mechanics leave a lot to be desired and so does almost everything besides the actual sniping.
Some kind of pattern became obvious in many missions. First half is about clearing your path towards a goal, mainly as a predator. Later half, that gets thrown out and it becomes a pure shooting fest. To my surprise that is the most enjoyable part. Being at a nice vantage point, preferably having enemies marked beforehand, taking them out one by one quickly is good fun. Reminds me of a shooting gallery.
Story, cutscenes, writing and characters are barely even existing but for a B-tier game I'm OK with them focusing on gameplay alone than half-assing all. The levels are fairly straightforward "corridors" and don't leave much opportunity for different approaches. Wasn't expecting that. The way it looks, it shouldn't take more than two more days to finish it and Sniper Elite 3 is already waiting in my backlog, so I'm interested to see how much different it is.

Grief.exe

There's only one thing to keep in mind:
  • Ensure that it has media control keys (prev/next song, volume, etc) or extra customisable keys. This makes it a good keyboard.
Everything else might as well not exist.

Possibly, but that's for your personal use case, not necessarily applicable to Atraveller's needs.

G910 is pretty great, It's pretty expensive and the one with out the weird keycaps is a Best Buy exclusive I think.

This is going to be subjective, but that is the ugliest keyboard I have ever seen fam.

Lomax

Possibly, but that's for your personal use case, not necessarily applicable to Atraveller's needs.

This is going to be subjective, but that is the ugliest keyboard I have ever seen fam.

But aren't you one of those weird people who thinks it's okay to have a keyboard without a number pad? That might invalidate your opinions ;)

But aren't you one of those weird people who thinks it's okay to have a keyboard without a number pad? That might invalidate your opinions ;)

I went from a keypad keyboard for 5 years to a keypad less keyboard just a few months back and I can think of a handful of times when I wished I had a keypad otherwise I love the smaller size. Arma III is the only game that made me miss a keypad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom