• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Okami port confirmed
:"(

please

Please

PLEASE

although I do have a Wii copy that I can run through my PC if I can be arsed digging out the Wii Controllers, some candles, the LG drive and a SATA cable... or I could work out how to bind it all to the Steam Controller... or I could wait for a PC version!

fantomena

Just finished Mirror's Edge: Catalyst. Took me 8 hours to do the story missions and side missions.

It was overall pretty mediocre. Liked the first game much better.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The rumor never seemed likely to me, today's Ubisoft just doesn't seem like a company that would be big on exclusive games.

Well, the underlying assertion in this case is that Nintendo is funding the game because Ubi shelved the project indefinitely, rather than the traditional situation of Ubi funding the game but nonetheless agreeing to exclusivity because Nintendo offered a big bag of money. Bayonetta 2 again, essentially.

Hitman reaches Colorado
image_hitman-33246-3284_0001.jpg
image_hitman-33246-3284_0005.jpg
image_hitman-33246-3284_0002.jpg
I love Colorado's nature. Somehow makes me think of underground nuclear bases.

Parsnip

Well, the underlying theory in this case is that Nintendo is funding the game because Ubi shelved the project indefinitely, rather than the traditional situation of Ubi funding the game but nonetheless agreeing to exclusivity because Nintendo offered a big bag of money. Bayonetta 2 again, essentially.

Yup. But I hope it's not that.

Wbacon only has two games showing on his profile, which generally means he is playing a hidden game.

More ports confirmed. It could also be something the company is actively working on that has already been announced RE2, RE7, etc

l3udsG1.png
RE7 demo.
I think someone said that's coming to PC too?

Really liking Devils Daggers.

Just found out you can watch reviews from a top down angle.
I can see now that in runs that I felt really claustrophobic because of the all the enemies there was actually an easy way out to buy myself some more time. Hopefully it makes me more alert to these paths out of danger.

Jazz573

Giveaway:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jazz573, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Home -- MB-D0EA30218162E5DC - Taken by Purkake4
Runestone Keeper -- MB-2C0678CF1921476F - Taken by Zeeman
Glorkian Warrior: The Trials of Glork -- MB-E0B65D3307C26DCC - Taken by chronomac

Jawmuncher

Wbacon only has two games showing on his profile, which generally means he is playing a hidden game.

More ports confirmed. It could also be something the company is actively working on that has already been announced RE2, RE7, etc

l3udsG1.png

RE7/RE7 Demo likely
RE2, probably not.
Some ports they are staying mum about, likely

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yup. But I hope it's not that.

I do wonder about the degree to which Ubi's lack of confidence in the game over the years has impacted Ancel's idea of what another BG&E should be. Honestly, I'd probably be more optimistic about the end result if the game were being funded by Nintendo.

Nyoro SF

Psh, we all know that wbacon is testing Viewtiful Joe, with all content combined from GC and PS2 versions for the master version of the game, so that the game can be recognized for the incredibly fun action game it really is now that people are more seasoned gamers.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
It's Mega Man DOS finally ported to Steam.
---------------------------------

So my adventures with TimeShift has come to a conclusion after being the game as was intended (no rubble rewind time glitch). I find it hard to believe it was made in 2007 with such Half Life, Red Faction 2, etc design inspirations and behaviours, and other than some graphical tech (shadows, so amazing), there is little to make it stand out amongst it's contemporaries of the time. At best I could say it gets up to 2005 era game mechanics with regenerating shield/health, the start of cover being all important, doing nothing while waves of enemies rush at you so that game events can happen for story purposes, but none in an all that special of a way.

I admit I liked time manipulation, and I always enjoy slowing down time or rewinding to mess with A.I., but it's like FLUDD in Mario Sunshine, always having a power up made it feel less special throughout the entire game.

Knurek

If it's not Okami PC, I'm never buying another Capcom game, ever.
Well, okay, Breath of Fire V would be acceptable too.

Also, after a 45 gig download and a 7 gig day 1 patch, Forza Horizon 3 better justify itself pretty damned fast (albeit I loved 1 and 2). Thank goodness my provider doesn't have hard caps yet.

I'm really enjoying 3. I've never gotten into the Forza games, too much simulation not enough arcadey fun. After hearing that Horizion is the more "fun" version. I bought it last night and have been playing all night and day... I'm really enjoying it. I'm sure if you liked the other two, than you'll love this one as well.

Arthea

not to derail Capcpom talk, but those second week Jumbo bundle additions are great! Almost makes up for today's bundle.

Nabs

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Road to Ballhalla -- MB-31006DE55FEF4487 - Taken by Nzyme32. 7 entrants total.

t1475014896z1.png

Good game.

AHA-Lambda

Finally finished Steins Gate, loved it ^_^

Been so many great visual novels this year, but for me this one has taken the cake.

And I'm not even much of an anime fan actually. Ugh, Steamgaf what have you done to me??

Arthea

Finally finished Steins Gate, loved it ^_^

Been so many great visual novels this year, but for me this one has taken the cake.

And I'm not even much of an anime fan actually. Ugh, Steamgaf what have you done to me??

but it is one of the best VNs ever, we did nothing, Steins Gate did it all

I just played through the System Rift DLC for Deus Ex. Took me about three hours to complete but in retrospect, I reckon I could have done it in just over two. I spent the first hour or so thoroughly exploring the first couple of areas before it dawned on me that it was completely pointless, just like everything else about this DLC.

I'm irritated by how this studio keeps making DLCs which reset your character every single time. It's like they're incapable of making extra content which would allow you to import the character you've spent several hours playing earlier. So you start with no augmentations, about a dozen Praxis points and a limited inventory. Now you can spend those points to get a handful of augs but your choices are severely limited right off the bat. You have to pick one way you're going to play the DLC and that's it. It's the complete antithesis for a game like Deus Ex where having multiple solutions to any situation is the god damn USP of the franchise.

So, you start with a fresh clone of Adam Jensen and you're given a completely standalone mission that has no relevance whatsoever to the Deus Ex story. The mission itself was fairly average. There's a small hub area to explore before you infiltrate a high security facility which has several floors. You can spend your time exploring those floors but, again, it's pointless because there's no benefit to doing it. You'll get some extra XP which doesn't matter because this is the only level you're going to play and maybe some ebooks or emails elaborating on this throwaway story. You're better off just going straight towards your destination. That realization was when my interest dropped off completely.

Ultimately it's not bad content. It's more Deus Ex which should be a good thing but I just found it tiresome. Also, they threw in a breach/platforming section right at the end to cement my annoyance with the DLC.

It's kind of weird that I loved the game so much when I played it a month ago, but this DLC just left a bad taste in my mouth. Since I'm fairly certain the next DLC is going to follow the same trend, I'm not even certain I want to play that. I've deleted the game for now.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
hey wbacon, tell capcom to port PN 03 and fix up Chaos Legion port and put it up on Steam. Many thanks!

I think Capcom doesnt care much about those 2 and more when the sales o P.N.03 from what I remember were atrocious. No idea how Chaos Legion did on sales but I do enjoy that game.

mp1990

Banned
As of today, I can no longer consider myself a part of SteamGAF, as I've made my first purchases in GOG:

DsjXiFE.png

I look forward to trying all these games in 2036, when school will no longer be a thing in my life.

If BGaE2 is an NX exclusive it will be fun reading all the angry replies from people who never gave a shit about the first game.

Gal Gun looks really stupid. It should sell well on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom